Sign in to follow this  
adaoernesto

worn appearance

Nope.Unless you take out all textures and make them dirty with some manipulating software then put them all back together... Why do you want to remove the worn textures? New looks so fake :(

Regards,
Jamaljé Bassue

No, it's meant to have the feel of a used cockpit on an airline... if anyone listened to thew latest FSBreak video they'll know that PMDG are trying to make things a lot like being a pilot for an airline.

I feel a strong urge to wash my hands after "touching" various knobs in that VC laugh.png

I'm a little OCD about fingerprints on my monitor. I wonder if we can get an option to swap the fire extinguisher for a bottle of Windex?Clown.gif

Chris Hicks

I must admit I am not a fan of the worn look even though it does give it a lived in ambience. This cockpit looks about ten years old - would have preferred something that looked one or two years old. Saw a promotional video the other day about a brand new 737-800 that had just been delivered to American Airlines and I rather wish the PMDG 737 800 cockpit was much closer in appearance to that spanking new one. Bruceb

Bruce Bartlett

Frodo: "I wish none of this had happened." Gandalf: "So do all who live to see such times, but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

Uniform - CheckOvernight Bag - CheckElectronic Flight Bag - CheckHand Sanitizer - CheckSterile Gloves - CheckGood to go. As the NGX appears to model their plane on reality we are left with only one conclusion..... you RL pilots are a pack of grubby mingers Sick.gif ...LOL.gif

I love the weathered look. The first thing I do when checking out new aircraft add-ons is the look of the cockpit. Shiny new looks fake to me and gives me the sense of laziness on the artists part. I remember when I was 9 I took second place in a scale model contest..the kid who won first place had his German tank all scratched and full of "dirt"..mine looked like it just rolled out of the assembly line..pretty but not realistic in the long run. Since then I like everything used n dirty looking..just like my women.

I think it would be fitting to have some dirty liveries.....just sayin.

FAA: ATP-ME

Matt kubanda

I must admit I am not a fan of the worn look even though it does give it a lived in ambience. This cockpit looks about ten years old - would have preferred something that looked one or two years old. Saw a promotional video the other day about a brand new 737-800 that had just been delivered to American Airlines and I rather wish the PMDG 737 800 cockpit was much closer in appearance to that spanking new one. Bruceb
I really like brand new myself as well. I kinda wonder if Devs assume the preferred appearance is worn/realistic. I'm not so sure it is, especially as you broaden the audience. Maybe diehard realists would prefer worn, but I'm thinking they are a minority. Be useful from a sales point of view to do a poll on that, if sales matter, and I'm pretty sure they do. My guess is that the majority of all buyers will prefer brand spankin' shiney and new over old and worn. Who knows, maybe if enough chime in PMDG might consider a patch for clear/clean glass. A few other vendors do and I appreciate it. Plus, you can't beat choice. Maybe a nice control thru the FMC seteup mode for new glass Idea.gif Noel

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

I would hope the BBJs come with a less worn cockpit. They hardly have the amount of hours of an NG in airline service.

Brand new wins for me. Guess it's my consumer thinking... "If I just bought something, I want to KNOW no one has touched it!" Yes... I know that's stupid thinking in a virtual product! Whistle.gifI'd love for the "brand new" crew to get a sparkling clean plane and the "dirty, worn" crew to get their version... At least PMDG compromised a bit between both extremes.

"I am the Master of the Fist!" -Akuma