Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

Yeah... We aren't quite finished yet...

Didn´t Robert say this: "None of us on the team own this particular piece of hardware, but we are getting complaints back from the few members of our testing team that the methods we used to improve the autobrake performance have essentially left the saitek users in the cold" How I understood this, is that some of the testing team indeed have this pedal. / Leffe
Leffe- Thank you! There was quite a bit of misinformed conjecture taking place before you posted. I appreciate you bringing the conversation back to the facts of what I actually wrote! For the others: I took those pieces of the thread out because others were likely to read the misinformation and it would self-perpetuate...

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

Good call RSR: get the job done right! I've had a couple of freezes before I installed the HF's, but after I installed HF4, all dissapeared. Get Sp1 done in good time, but make sure you do it right, instead of fast.There's enough to do in the meantime: other aircraft, Battlefield 3 coming out, and lot's of other good stuff :) Get it done right PMDG!

I think it's nice to know an update is coming and we should all know by now that it won't be released if the developer isn't satisfied with it. I happen to like the status updates/estimates and if they get pushed, no big deal. A sub-par patch will create more support work than none at all. I'm very satisfied with PMDG's communications.

Bob Donovan - KBOS

• Hardware: i7 11700k on ROG Strix Z590 ► Asus ROG GeForce 3070 ►FDS 737 FMC ► VRInsight 737 Overhead ► GoFlight TQ6 ADV ► Thrustmaster Warthog
  • Software: P3D ► MSFS ► XP11 ► DCS World

Robert.... I know the Multicrew addon is not gonna make it into SP1, or atleast I can only assume it won't. But, can you please comment on whether PMDG is still considering development on Multicrew for the NGX in an upcoming SP or maybe just another addon? I remember a few months back, Ryan mentioned that Multicrew is in fact still planned for an SP, but I have not heard anything for a while. JB
JB- It is still planned! More information on it at a later date.

RobertJust a thought, but previously it was discussed about idea of use of Hotfixes along the way of development, which you have done with the last 4 hf released, and in my opinion to good effect, just imagine the number of hostile posts we'd have now if they hadn't been released and still waiting on sp.It seems that from your post that many issues are now resolved in the present status of the sp, with the rudder issue being possibly the only one left, something I personally don't have an issue with. Wouldnt it make sense to release sp now as a hf which would enable you and our team to continue to look if there is any rudder issue and also get feedback from the users if they too have the issue, and make the sp final later once/if there is any issue there to resolve?That way the many people who have greater issues with using the ngx will be made happy, and those with less issues will be ale to start to enjoy the newer benefits of the sp.I know this was a Ryan suggestion, who now under a bus, but I do think it's a good middle ground for both the users and you as developers.

I know this was a Ryan suggestion, who now under a bus, but I do think it's a good middle ground for both the users and you as developers.
James- Yes, we agree in principle, but as with most things, it is not as easy as it sounds. The process of developing the patch installation is a very specific one- and since the installation suite that we use does not support live-on-board customer installation updating (where we just push the new updates to you ala Steam), we can accidentally create a condition where the patch installation process becomes so convoluted that customers attempting to reinstall the software wind up tied in knots. (See our original NG1.0 for a good example of that...) We are in the process of upgrading our installation suite to a version that allows live-on-board installation updating, but it might be a few months before it reaches the stability level that we want. So until then, we need to release updates in a methodical, well thought out manner. I look forward to the day where even a spelling correction in a config file will be provided to you in real time... but we aren't there yet.

I have been heavily flying the 800 and 900 for almost a month now with absolutly no issues so please take your time with SP1 and make 'r right smile.png Just reached my cruising altitude of FL340 on ASA861 PDX-OGG and am expecting a SC to 360 in 95 minutes biggrin.png

OkWhile you are here Robert, not asking for specific dates, but in a general time frame when are we likely to see the SDK?

The galley on my NGX is empty and I'm out of beer, is there going to be a fix for this? -Matt ChaseUSCG (Student Naval Aviator)

Actually Robert funny you mention the Saitek Rudder pedals. Mine arrived earlier in the week and are you talking about the "differental" breaks being stuck on even after you let go of the toe pedals or something else?
That happens to me!

Are you trying to make up for lost time Robert?Just Kidding.gifYou sure are posting a heck of a lot today!Good to have you back though; the mood in the whole forum changes when you and the team give a bit of info, regardless of the size of the nuggets.

Is Randazzio implying Ryan is taking pictures of a "Bus" as in Airbus?Food for thought I guess :D

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

Thanks for the update Robert !It is good to hear that PMDG are not rushing it out.The NGX is a superb simulation of an NG.It's nice to think that SP1 will make that even better. Serious flight simulation on the desktop is NOW a reality thanks to PMDG.