Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

04MAR12: SP1c Released for full NGX product range.

Robert did not say this was "about performance improvement" - the primary reason for the update was SDK related things in fact. We always have little performance related things here and there in all our updates, but there's never going to be some magic bullet that causes a machine that gets low FPS to suddenly start getting high FPS. What are your specs?
I have i7 930 OC 4.212 Gigs 1600 DDR3480 OC GTX2 HDs 10K rpm one for FSX2012 Active weatherwin7 64bitjesus online CFG recommend tweaks.I'm running Low 20s FPS and anytime the mouse gets active I dip to 16-19FPS which is not smooth at all, I remember getting 30+ only before SP1 after any SP installed now my FPS are lower. I don't expect a day and night difference but 4-6FPS increase would change the whole flying experience. Edited by Evan Banalian

PMDG Team,a very big thank you for the communication and for the fully support you provide to all of us.Off Topic On: what about creating your own Flight Simulator or you already thought about that :( Off Topic Off

Everything's fine so far, but i could swear i've been using ILS as fix to draw circles as visual dme reference 'til SP1C. Doesn't work anymory.Just sampled the ILS 26 in LUKK "ILD" without success.And once more referring the topic ILS/FIX, shouldn't this function be given with radials beside circles, too? As it is working fine with VOR. I have no exact information on that.And a suggestion for improvement regarding the next service-pack:It would be fine to have sync options in the menu regarding Captains and F/O chronometer when pushing "ET" or "Reset".

All installed perfectly!, but...Mine is doing the S turns without Active Sky, I had to clear all the weather in order to calm it down. Also the speed jumps constantly from 320 knots to 368...to 263! The overspeed warning coming up since its jumping from 320 to 364 etc... I never had this type of problems with the plane turning, or weather related with SP1B...Therefore I think I'll go back to the old SP
hi have you got fsuipc if you havnt than i suggest that u help yourself the the free copy of it, it helps to get rid of the dreaded s turns

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Steve-Please do not come to this forum and pretend to be the expert. In your post above you have proved your complete and total ignorance of the topic. When you approach the problem from the level of expertise contained at PMDG and HiFi- the last thing we need is ignorant input such as yours clouding other people's understanding of the problem.You haven't a clue what you are talking about- so do not come here spreading misinformation, please.Further infraction will result in removal of your forum access.Other than this- your suggestion for users to disconnect/reconnect Active Sky is an effective one. The problem is related to the weather/wind/turbulence engine in FSX- and how it interacts with a high fidelity flight model such as ours.
My mistake Sir. I mean no disrespect and as I have said in previous posts PMDG is the best out there. Keep up the great work, Again I am extremely sorry. Steve

hi have you got fsuipc if you havnt than i suggest that u help yourself the the free copy of it, it helps to get rid of the dreaded s turns
Precisely! Set the wind smoothing feature, and for the S-Turns tick the suppress turbulence box. I don't find it necessary to do anything else. Turbulence is on in FSX and no CFG changes. I still get some turbulence, suits me fine.
Works just fine in all three major PC browsers here.
I only mentioned it in case anyone else was having the same issue.Anyway, if anyone is, they may like to try Chome.I did notice something very strange, I have been using the poolsize=0 entry for a few weeks now, with great results. As soon as I installed SP1c, I got immediate graphical corruption. I'm now using reject threshold with good results.I'm 99.9% sure it's just a coincidence, but a bit strange it should appear as soon as I installed the update.Unless there's some technical reason why this might happen after the install that eludes me.

Hi,need installation help!Do I have to install SP1b prior to Sp1c after a new complete reinstall of the NGX base installer?Do I need Sp1b?Thanks very much.Cheers, Tom

Yesterday I made a post that intimated that there was a problem with Service Pack SPC1 in relation to HiFi's Active Sky 2012. I made the post in haste and in total ignorance. I feel it is my duty here to apologize to our community, PMDG and HiFi for this misleading and off the cuff remark that is not based on science. Today, after a reboot the 737NGX and Active Sky 2012 are running flawlessly. Please ignore yesterday's post. It probably has already been deleted which is all the better. If you read it, forget it. I have not been threatened by any of the parties concerned but I am deeply ashamed and emarrassed. Keep up the great work PMDG and I can't wait for the 777. (I can assure you I won't be making any technical comments on it). To this end I'm sorry folks and clear skies.................Steve

Yesterday I made a post that intimated that there was a problem with Service Pack SPC1 in relation to HiFi's Active Sky 2012. I made the post in haste and in total ignorance. I feel it is my duty here to apologize to our community, PMDG and HiFi for this misleading and off the cuff remark that is not based on science. Today, after a reboot the 737NGX and Active Sky 2012 are running flawlessly. Please ignore yesterday's post. It probably has already been deleted which is all the better. If you read it, forget it. I have not been threatened by any of the parties concerned but I am deeply ashamed and emarrassed. Keep up the great work PMDG and I can't wait for the 777. (I can assure you I won't be making any technical comments on it). To this end I'm sorry folks and clear skies.................Steve
Bravo

Matt Wilson

could someone please respond to my message? :-)I would highly appreciate it.Do I need to install the Sp1b prior to Sp1c?Or is it better to run the base install package of the NGX and afterwards the installation of the Sp1c ?Thank you in advance.kind regards, Tom

Thanks Robert :)You're the best from the best :) Wish every flight sim addons producer take so many pains to keep our passion so real even at home :) Waiting for DC-6, the triple 7 and maybe A340 or 380 withe EFB on board :)See You high in the real sky soon :)

Edited by jazzmanPL

Czarnecki Dariusz

yeEIP.gifBoeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

So please tell me in full sentences. ;-)
No you don't. Just SP1c will be fine

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

Pete..thanks for the advice, however I do have fsuipc... Even though I don,t use it for any kind of adjustments just whatever models need it for. I will follow your sugestions, but I still don't understand that the plane was flying perfectly with no ether problems with sp1b. I was flying with rain, storms etc. Now I have to calm the weather. Does this means this plane now can't fly with turbulence or winds? The Fsx weather was not affecting the plane before the Sp1c. I know there was no changes into the axis of the plane, but what could have cause the change? That's my curiosity. Maybe uninstalling everything and re-installing just the Sp1c... Other members don't have this problem just some of us.

Edited by Chemanuel