Sign in to follow this  
LHookins

Do I still buy TrackIR after the demise of Flight?

A tip I once read somewhere about bright lights is to put a piece of developed film (the stuff you put in a non digital camera) as a filter in front of the camera. It works well for me, only the brightest sunlight interferes with it's operation now.

New tip from me: I could not find a piece of film, so I rapped a piece of black pantyhose around the camera.

Works like a charm! No more problems with light from the back.

With some luck and a following wind, the wonderful JF store has promised that mine will be delivered before 1pm tomorrow... I'm so excited... probably won't sleep now. My better half (who actually brought it for me as she got fed up of listening to me going on and on endlessly, about it) said your going to look so stoopid with something stuck to your head, she also pointed out that she wasn't going to knit me a bobble hat, to which I breathed a sigh of relief, I hasten to add. This is another good reason why the door is getting locked to my pit once the postman has been and I don't care how much trouble I get into, I'm sure it will be worth it.

Bri

This is another good reason why the door is getting locked to my pit once the postman has been and I don't care how much trouble I get into, I'm sure it will be worth it.

Lol, congrats and enjoy the new toy! I am sure you will get many years of fun with it, as I have mine.

Wow ! What a cool device! I've never heard of this thing before, but I really want one now. And I think my youngest could use one, he plays all those FPS games, and it looks really good for those as well.

I only got Flight coz I searched for free games in Steam. And now having bought all the DLC for it, I am now looking at stuff like this. To go with the joystick it made me buy.

Who knew free games were so expensive.....

You will love it. I also had never heard of it before MSflight. Now I would not be without it.

I think tthe areas where TrackIr really shines is takeoffs, low and slow sightseeing flights, and landings. I rarely use it when flying the big ones but for GA up to about 5k ft. it can't be beat. It's absolutely great in both Alaska and Hawaii since the scenery is so good.

You're gonna like it.

Thank you.

Rick

$Silver Donor

EAA 1317610   I7-7700K @ 4.5ghz, MSI Z270 Gaming MB,  32gb 3200,  Geforce RTX2080 Super O/C,  28" Samsung 4k Monitor,  Various SSD, HD, and peripherals

My better half (who actually brought it for me as she got fed up of listening to me going on and on endlessly, about it) said your going to look so stoopid with something stuck to your head

I suggest making sure she has a cap that will fit her. The clip attaches to the brim of the cap, with two reflectors at the edge of the brim and a third near the top of your head, which is why you need a cap with a brim. The reason you need such a cap to fit Jo is that once she tries it, she won't go back. :D

No, I don't like wearing a cap either. I got over it.

I only got Flight coz I searched for free games in Steam. And now having bought all the DLC for it, I am now looking at stuff like this. To go with the joystick it made me buy.

LOL! Igor, there should have been a few million more of you! Talk about Microsoft's "target market" :D

Hook

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;

Who knew free games were so expensive.....

ROFL. Well at least I know you must be enjoying Flight. :lol:

Give people power to really test their personality.

I suggest making sure she has a cap that will fit her. The clip attaches to the brim of the cap, with two reflectors at the edge of the brim and a third near the top of your head, which is why you need a cap with a brim. The reason you need such a cap to fit Jo is that once she tries it, she won't go back. :D

No, I don't like wearing a cap either. I got over it.

LOL! Igor, there should have been a few million more of you! Talk about Microsoft's "target market" :D

Hook

@Igor that did make me laugh and I agree with Hook :)

@Hook Jo says hi and she says she's not wearing the hat due to hair styling issues! I'm quite glad really...

...OMG how did I ever manage without it? It's brilliant, have only used it in Flight for now. I have been playing with the settings and have still to get it just right. Mainly, finding the right place to set the centre point when in the cockpit so im sitting in the right place. But I'll get their.

To all those that said it was great, it is. I accidentally pressed pause whilst flying and was turning my head and nothing was happening? I was sort of lost without it after only having it a few hours. Have had to come off it for a rest as was starting to get air sick haha but that was probably due to me not eating anything all day. :D

dburne - I went back through some of the old print-outs when Flight first started and the 1.0 was one of the suggested alterations... I suppose that was what I had done to get that setting.

John Wingold

I suppose that was what I had done to get that setting.

Now that makes sense glad you figured out how it happened.

I am still running at 1.0 and like it much better.