Sign in to follow this  
TOGA-saurus

New 767 For FSX!

Shame on the retailers who hawk this c#&p!  They should know better.  i feel sorry for the guy who buys this! Looks like a 1-man job created this.

I was thinking it sounded familiar to the CS page

An LDS 757? I still had hair when they first touted it, and by the time it's out the 757 will be a museum piece and I'll be as bald as a coot . Odd really, when you think the 767 has almost exactly the same flight deck and systems so all they really needed to do was a slightly narrower VC (767 is wider), a new external model and FDE and bob's your uncle. But it never happened.

Not the first time that retailer Pilot Shop has tried to rip simmers off. Best way to fix them is to not buy off them. Trouble is, new simmers who don't know will get conned.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

The LDS 757 is a write off:  even *IF* this vaporware gets released, its looooong dev cycle guarantees the grafix will be dated.

spacer.png

The LDS 757 is a write off: even *IF* this vaporware gets released, its looooong dev cycle guarantees the grafix will be dated.

I don't agree

Talented graphics artists can do wonderful things in a short amount of time. I'm sure they have been updating the visuals as needed and that they will be ready for release.

Lee

The LDS 757 is a write off:  even *IF* this vaporware gets released, its looooong dev cycle guarantees the grafix will be dated.

Wow, no way?? You've seen the screenshots? That's amazing!

I've never heard of HD Airplanes and the addon looks suspect at best.  

It looks like the dev (if you want to call them that) combined the Level D and CS 767's and rolled it into one package and they've provided screenshots of their product in very low res and low AA settings (if any) and they are touting that the textures are in 2048x2048 resolution.  The overview is similar to CS's 767 product page.

They didn't combine anything, just look at the virtual cockpit gauges, they're borderline default fsx gauges.

Problem with the LDS 763 though is that the grafix are so dated now as to be virtually unusable for me, my suspension of disbelief no longer functions with that jet.

Only care about graphics? Sounds like a CS fan.

If you are only interested in graphics the LDS 767 is not for you. There is no 767 in the community that has the functionally of the LDS 767. When in 2D mode the overhead panel is far more accurate than any thing else. Even in VC mode the LDS 767 overhead can be selected to the 2D mode. When eye candy becomes more important than functions, I have to rest my case. I could have the most beautiful aircraft but the thing crashes into the ground, I would leave FSX. If graphics is the most important thing than don't use the LDS 767. I use to fly the real thing and believe me the LDS 767 is as close to real as you are going to ever get.

Bob

I do not own the LDS 767, but there is an HD graphics update for the VC on their forums, I believe.

Only care about graphics? Sounds like a CS fan.

I believe he means the visuals of the Level-D B767 are so dated that they detract from overall immersion (compared to those of, say, the PMDG B747, which are dated, but do not detract severely from immersion). If so, I share his opinion. 

I believe he means the visuals of the Level-D B767 are so dated that they detract from overall immersion (compared to those of, say, the PMDG B747, which are dated, but do not detract severely from immersion). If so, I share his opinion. 

You have the updated LDS VC textures and still think the visuals are bad? The visuals do not detract from the experience, only the visuals in this new 767 do.

It does indeed look top notch.

This will go great with my newly bought Virtual Pilot 3D simulator I bought. They told me it is x2 better than FSX.

I do not own the LDS 767, but there is an HD graphics update for the VC on their forums, I believe.

Arent they only for FS9? Thats the only ones I found from a 3rd party but none for fsx

CYVR LSZH 

http://f9ixu0-2.png

The Zinertek payware one is indeed FS9 only, but on the LDS forum I think there is a free one that is compatible with both platforms.