Sign in to follow this  
TOGA-saurus

New 767 For FSX!

An LDS 757? I still had hair when they first touted it, and by the time it's out the 757 will be a museum piece and I'll be as bald as a coot . Odd really, when you think the 767 has almost exactly the same flight deck and systems so all they really needed to do was a slightly narrower VC (767 is wider), a new external model and FDE and bob's your uncle. But it never happened.

There's a lot more differences between 57 and 67 under the surfaces than just slapping on the same VC into a different model. It's been covered on the LDS forum. And anyway, LDS 757 doesn't seem to have anything in common with the old 767, at least from their screen shots so far.

Not the first time that retailer Pilot Shop has tried to rip simmers off. Best way to fix them is to not buy off them. Trouble is, new simmers who don't know will get conned.

Really it's not just FS Pilot Shop that sells such stuff, I've seen plenty of bad stuff being sold in Simmarket and other such stores too.

It doesn't bother me though, by doing some quick research and by looking at preview pics you can find out if some product is worth buying or not.

I believe he means the visuals of the Level-D B767 are so dated that they detract from overall immersion (compared to those of, say, the PMDG B747, which are dated, but do not detract severely from immersion). If so, I share his opinion. 

Correct.

BTW the VC mod mentioned is here:

http://www.leveldsim.com/forums/andr-folkers-vc-mod-for-fsx-only_topic15198.html

spacer.png

Unparalleled visual quality and realism

It appears that HD airplanes doesn't know anything about detail or PMDG level quality. 

Thanks,

Kevin L

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

I've been a regular "basher" of CS but since my reinstall of FSX, my CS 767 is performing quite well actually.  Except for a few bugs, had to press cntrl-E to start, it is a really nice piece of work.  The graphics are amazing and I really enjoyed this flight from Minneapolis to Little Rock.  It's a shame that CS won't fix the little bugs because their potential is enormous.  

The graphics are amazing

Well... I always thought that their PW engines on the 767 looked a bit like candy-corn, this is in fact, not correct as the PW engine should look like a PW engine, not a delectable treat.

Also, the VC looks very similar to the 757, which was made for FS2004. Not terribly great graphics wise IMHO  ^_^

Jesse Casserly 👌🏼

Add me as a friend to go fly on MSFS: JesseC757

https://www.youtube.com/user/JesseCasserly757

💻 i7-10750H 2.6 GHz / 5.0 GHz, 16GB DDR4, 512GB SSD, 1TB HDD, RTX 2080 Super

Saitek X-56 HOTAS

I've just bought this new HD Airplanes 767 and it is without doubt, the best, most advanced, complex airliner add-on ever released for FS.

The systems are amazing; there is dirt on the EADI and EHSI and if you press SHIFT+7 a virtual 'cloth' pops up, which you can drag across the screen to clean the glass.

It's about 14% better than the PMDG NGX this one.

Yep, it's brilliant - oh and it's tested by real pilots and the weather radar links to real satelites that are orbiting the Jupiter moon of Io.

Also, FPS average 128 over Orbx Portland, and having this 767 installed will also give you 84 FPS when flying the PMDG NGX in circles over EGLL.

Honest guv.

I've just bought this new HD Airplanes 767 and it is without doubt, the best, most advanced, complex airliner add-on ever released for FS.

The systems are amazing; there is dirt on the EADI and EHSI and if you press SHIFT+7 a virtual 'cloth' pops up, which you can drag across the screen to clean the glass.

It's about 14% better than the PMDG NGX this one.

Yep, it's brilliant - oh and it's tested by real pilots and the weather radar links to real satelites that are orbiting the Jupiter moon of Io.

Also, FPS average 128 over Orbx Portland, and having this 767 installed will also give you 84 FPS when flying the PMDG NGX in circles over EGLL.

Honest guv.

Do you work for this company.  Anyway, based on the looks it's hard to believe.  better than the Level-D?  Just saying...it's hard to believe!

Do you work for this company.  Anyway, based on the looks it's hard to believe.  better than the Level-D?  Just saying...it's hard to believe!

Phillip, are you serious?

Read these bits of the post again ..... :wink:

"there is dirt on the EADI and EHSI and if you press SHIFT+7 a virtual 'cloth' pops up, which you can drag across the screen to clean the glass"

and

"the weather radar links to real satelites that are orbiting the Jupiter moon of Io".

.....and you thought that was a serious post?

Like many of the other posts on this thread, I was being facetious.   :wink:

Judging from the screens alone, HD isn't really applicable to that aircraft in any way, shape, or form.

You have the updated LDS VC textures and still think the visuals are bad? The visuals do not detract from the experience, only the visuals in this new 767 do.

The visuals of the Level-D B767 are not bad, but even with McPhat repaints, overall immersion is not great by current standards, especially due to the aircraft's spoiler animation glitch and weak sounds.

Basically, while the updated textures improve immersion, the existence of better (aging) FSX aircraft (e.g., the PMDG B747) makes me less inclined to fly the Level-D B767.

The LDS 767 was an absolute breakthrough in it's day. Even now, no one has since simulated packs that cause the hosties to moan at you if it's too cold or too warm and the integration of crew voices was WAY ahead of its time. I find the sounds a bit 'thin' and you absolutely need the Andre fokkers texture fix to get along with it now but it still holds its head high even 8 years on. I'm sure a properly done LDS 757 for FSX, incorporating all the things we now know can be done in FSX would go down a treat.

Someone saw a market gap and quickly swoop in with a cheap Chinese plastic.. Moving on

Regards,

Martin Martinov / VATSIM 1207931