Sign in to follow this  
Azone

Is anyone close to cracking this thing open?

ORBX Southern Alaska does look a lot better than Flight Alaska, but compare their prices and coverage areas... If the various terrain errors in Flight Alaska were fixed, I'd say they'd be competitive in value offered.

To Kevin,
Flight didn't introduce me to flying or to flight sims, but it did bring me back to them. I hadn't used a sim in years, or flown a real plane for even longer, but the magical experience of Flight reawakened that passion in me.

X-Plane ist not a real alternative.

They are both ugly and not user-friendly unless you install hundreds of add-on`s worth several thousand bucks...

Can't agree with that at all. Flight's Hawaii is probably the most beautiful simming environment I've flown, but X-Plane is no slouch either and it's getting better all the time. With free meshes and OSM addons it can more than hold its own.

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

I tried downloading and installing it, it didn't really work because I had no clue what I was supposed to download. I literally downloaded everything I could find, and it clogged up 50 GB of my HDD.

On a side note, I just realized it's (website) powered by wordpress, which is something I have seen a lot lately.

ORBX Southern Alaska does look a lot better than Flight Alaska, but compare their prices and coverage areas... If the various terrain errors in Flight Alaska were fixed, I'd say they'd be competitive in value offered.

Yes, MS Alaska is cheap compared to Orbx, but if I would have wanted better quality than MS could offer I couldn't get it because MS decided that they shut the door on other 3 partys and make the scenery off their own.

This is offcourse only hypothetical thoughts because MS has shut down Flight and there isn't more sceneries to be released. But if it had continued I would have been stuck with what MS decided to offer me and I didn't find Flights Alaska to be upto my standards for what I expect for FS sceneries... I'll gladly pay more for something better :rolleyes:

OK fellows. Let's get this back on topic.  The subject is if mods will happen to Flight. That's what needs to be discussed.

We are very close to getting into another "which sim is better, X-sim is best, Y-sim is best, and Z-sim is best discussion which is not necessary since that horse is long since been beat to death.

Thanks.

Thank you.

Rick

$Silver Donor

EAA 1317610   I7-7700K @ 4.5ghz, MSI Z270 Gaming MB,  32gb 3200,  Geforce RTX2080 Super O/C,  28" Samsung 4k Monitor,  Various SSD, HD, and peripherals

OK fellows. Let's get this back on topic. The subject is if mods will happen to Flight. That's what needs to be discussed.

We are very close to getting into another "which sim is better, X-sim is best, Y-sim is best, and Z-sim is best discussion which is not necessary since that horse is long since been beat to death.

Thanks.

Sorry :blush: , it happens so easely on these forums just a small argument can trigger emotions and I get carried away :wacko: Just realised I stumbled into the wrong forum section where I don't belong, I'm outta here :P

Enjoy your MS Flight guys.

I think that when these guys get this ability to port in FSX aircraft completed, that this sim is going to fly. The only real thing left will be to port in or create scenery. I don't find Alaska all that limiting, so going after aircraft first seems to be a logical choice in direction for expansion. Perhaps Scenery later and who knows after that.

Again I want to say good job guys. My hats off to you both for keeping up the Flight spirit.

Moe

Well guys, I've been closely following this thread, and the natural consequence was inevitable... Will re-install MS FLIGHT asap :-)

I will also buy the seaBee as an add-on for LM P3D :-)

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

I have not payed for any add-ons for FSX except for the R4D, DC-3 and Briefing Time B-25 series from MAAM way back when. But to help the cause I did just buy the Seabee RC-3 from KCFS after jumping through all the required hoops. Now I will have to force myself to go back to FSX and check her out. I still believe in Flight and what lies ahead. Keep at it guys. I would not have my TrackIR and combat rudder pedals today if not for msFlight. Nothing has been the same since!

Steve

Can somebody explain what has actually been achieved or can be expected to be achieved in the near future?
I played a lot of MS Flight till it was shut down, then i instantly stopped using it. I had already bought Hawaii, Alaska and some planes (Everything but some of the cockpitless warbirds, I hated those) and was really ###### (disappointed) it all got useless so fast.
Was hoping so bad they would release a bigger plane, but instead they shut it down. Never looked back since and went back to FSX.

I'm not going to put any money in a product that has been dropped so quicky by the developer, but I see people here still recommending buying Alaska and planes... Is it realistic to think MS Flight is a good alternative and will grow because of these developments here, or are you just having fun with the remains of the project?

FSX is still alive and kicking after being buried by MS. The community and 3rd parties keep the remains 'warm' so to speak, and Flight has to do without the 3rd party developers pillar. I think if MS shuts the servers down, you can't even play it anymore. Although there probably will be a smart guy/girl somewhere to bypass it.

Yaye, another one on the exact same subject as above :D

Mork, you could have donbe a bit of effort in reading the lines before you drop yours, talking about respect...

Yes it is a shame what Ms have done to Flight, letting a good game/ simulator in middle of its grow go down like this, WE ALL KNOW !

The question you have about MS Flight you can answer just by starting it. You have post only one question that is totally up to you for the answer !!!

The modding scene is at its start, you have the resume of what is done by Stonelance and MVGibbage in this very post if you  take time to read it as I've done.

Mork - I know it can be a bit of a chore, but if you will read this entire thread, I think your questions will be answered.

Thank you.

Rick

$Silver Donor

EAA 1317610   I7-7700K @ 4.5ghz, MSI Z270 Gaming MB,  32gb 3200,  Geforce RTX2080 Super O/C,  28" Samsung 4k Monitor,  Various SSD, HD, and peripherals

Thanks everyone for buying the Seabee.  I put it up for sale on Aerosoft for people who dont like the Flight 1 wrapper. 

http://www.aerosoft.com/cgi-local/us/iboshop.cgi?showd,6496239010,D12766

I have a question for people who play Flight though.  One of the options I have available, is to also have unlockable skins, like they did with the original aircraft.  Like fly X miles, and you unlock a skin, or land at Y airport, and unlock another.  Do you guys LIKE this feature? 

What I would like to do is have all the default livery's available, but have "special" livery's unlockable.  Like a Hawaii and Alaska themed livery for people who compleated spacific task's, as a reward.  I personally liked this feature in Flight as long as it was not abused.  When you flew around on servers, you would wear your badge with pride!  They wont be hard missions/goals, but something you would need to work at to get.  Like flying a long distance over Alaska, or island hopping all islands in Hawaii in 1 flight.  Something like that.

So what say you?

Kevin Miller

3D Artist and developer

Kevin - I like the idea of having unlockable skins.  I don't care for all the "Gold" challenge type stuff, but finding a remote airport and landing at it, or carrying some cargo to the southernmost or northernmost airport in Alaska or Hawaii, or something along that line would be fun.  I think your suggestions are very good too.

One question, however. Is it going to be possible to make the Seabee capable of carrying cargo and doing clandestine missions?

Thanks.

Thank you.

Rick

$Silver Donor