Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Leen3131cs

AVSIM / X-Plane forum growing FAST!

Hi guys .

Not long ago there were two X-Plane forums , you all know wich.

OK there was also AVSIM , we all know not so much happenend there except from some quarrels.

Speaking about the other two ,one forum was BIG and the other much smaller ( less participants and less posts)

I am amazed to see how quick things can change.

Today I did some counting on the "General-fora"

The big one counted 33 topics in the last ten days.

The smaller one 16.

BUT

Here at AVSIM we had 77 being opened at the General forum the last ten days.( and NO serious quarrels!!!)

Just for the record.

Cheers

Leen

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

That's great news for AVSIM as well as the X-PLANE community! This kind of news makes it harder for me to keep myself from switching to X-PLANE!

Keep it up, X-PLANE will be the leader... soon!

No need to be a leader , its no competition.
X-Plane is growing/developing fast (damn fast!!)

I am happy to see AVSIM is a great home for X-Plane-users too.
Many FSX users who want to explore X-Plane can stay "in our AVSIM home"

Hope the library may grow too.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

It's Great to come to a forum and hear and see new things for X-Plane without the trolling/bickering.I always enjoy it here.

Yeah, all this talk of X-Plane has got me to reinstall it. Again.

It seems I'm always on the move between FSX, P3D, DCS and X-Plane. Id say DCS is the favorite right now, but then it's sortof not competing with the others. Yet. 

Yes, flight and systems-model wise DCS is my preferred flightsim ever, but:

1) The military aspects do not appeal to me

2) I do believe a well designed aircraft for X-Plane10 will be able to perform closely to the best DCS modules

Also...

3) In XPX I can fly everywhere in the World

4) Weather is way better in XPX than in DCS ( or any other sim... )

It's true. The X-Plane forum here at avsim is one of my favourite hang outs. Apart from the odd tiff that can get out of hand NBC both sides, I've found this place to be informative and lively without being to sycophantic. It's just the right place to be to catch up with everything x plane that crops up. Now if we could break the stranglehold the 'bigger' forum has on x-plane freeware and utilities, we'd never need to go anywhere else.

May the x plane forums continue to grow.

Best wishes,

Jess B

I would agree that this is a nice place to be for community. Looking forward to a larger number of participants as XPX gets more appealing to those who are on the fence.

I know I never used to come here for X-Plane anything but that has changed. I'm a daily visitor as the X-Plane forums here have grown very nicely! Keep up the good work everyone. 

I prefer the readability of the posts here when it comes to X-plane and also it seems easier to get questions answered. Don't think the library will ever grow here though.

Ok, a week or so after reinstalling X-Plane 10 to check out the progress I think I can officially declare myself a convert. So there I said it. This is the best civilian sim available (just my opinion). 

I cannot see how FSX could possibly win me back now. It's so good to be free of popping and blurries and endless tweaking. XPX just works, and works very nice. Sorry if this comes across as FSX-bashing, it's not the intention. P3D 2.0 might level the scores, we'll see. 

I'll add though that I am not a big iron guy and rarely used ATC in FSX anyway. No doubt those are important reasons for many simmers to stay in FSX.

I put this comment here in this thread because it is intended for the X-plane crowd, I dont wanna start or continue any versus discussion  :lol:

I just wanted to say how impressed I am with XPX. I want to shout it! I've seen the light! At least at night, night lighting in XPX oh boy batman!

It is really good, it's becoming great. There's still a ton of addons I'm missing from FSX (which is why I still play it more than XP), missing seasons from XP, no stock airport buildings, annoying as hell clickspots in the VC etc. Not to mention the SASL OOM issues (which should be fixed really soon for most addons if not already fixed).

But I've had XP for about 4 months and its slowly growing on me.

Sounds nice, I havent flown a stock aircraft for ages. I might have to give them a try again. 

I'm all consumed with the brilliant MU-2 1.5 and the beutiful updated Carenado C-185 (best looking VC to date?).

Does the MU work in 64bit?

It has just been updated by Tom Kyler. Advertised as fully 64 bit compatible, version 1.5.

I'm actually really enjoying the stock King Air.  It's the only plane they seem to upgrade graphically.  Does about 240 ktas under 10,000 - decent.  And it looks good ...  (cruising over Santa Barbara)

http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r43/ryanbatc/xp10kingair.jpg~original

I agree.  That is the only default aircraft that I have enjoyed flying in either FSX or X-Plane.

It has just been updated by Tom Kyler. Advertised as fully 64 bit compatible, version 1.5.

I heard some people still having OOM related (gizmo/sasl/etc) CTD's with 10.22 - what version are you running and is it stable?  Seems I always buy addons that don't work (still waiting for Carenado A36 ver 2.0 with memory tweaks to come out so I can actually fly it in X64)

Though I will say my BK117 has been working very well but it's slow hehe!

I heard some people still having OOM related (gizmo/sasl/etc) CTD's with 10.22 - what version are you running and is it stable?

Hi Ryan,

I'm running 10.22 RC1 at the moment. I'm pretty much exclusively running the Carenado 172 and have had no OOMs or any instability since Dan Klaue updated it. As for Gizmo, I'm waiting for the 4forces Cessna 152 to get updated (go and have a look at his latest screens) and of course, the LES Saab to be released. Tom's MU-2 is on my wish list for sure.

I heard some people still having OOM related (gizmo/sasl/etc) CTD's with 10.22

I have yet to hear of any Gizmo OOM crashes. SASL on the other hand, yes. I think it's a mixture of older and newer SASL versions out there.

Gizmo is fully compliant with the new LUA spec and should not have any OOM issues at all. The MU-2 is fully compatible (only, actually) with 64-bit X-Plane.

As for Gizmo, I'm waiting for the 4forces Cessna 152 to get updated (go and have a look at his latest screens) and of course, the LES Saab to be released.

The 152 is not a Gizmo driven product (for now, anyhow). The Saab most definitely is.

Does the MU work in 64bit?

Since reinstalling XPX a week or so ago I've not had any issues with the MU-2. Although I've only logged 4-6 hours in it (in 64 bit).

Don't think the library will ever grow here though.

Whahaha...............thats an odd thought.

Some facts.

Till fifteen days ago there were only 21 downloads the x-plane skin-library .

Today we have 52 downloadable skins.

During these fifteen days they generated more than fourhundred downloads.

( generated by the new placed files only)

Its quiet useless to upload to a Library. wich has no visitors.

Things have changed and are still rapidly.

Be assured the Library will grow too.

As soon as serious painters discover the AVSIM Library , they will bring their efforts there too. ( like Michel Theriault and I did )

We should do advertising for AVSIM by showing screenshots on other fora and telling the community.

"Do you like this livery , I downloaded it at AVSIM"

In other words lets go for it , lets make AVSIM- X-Plane big, BIG!!!

We can do it!!

Cheers

Leen