Sign in to follow this  
Tom Allensworth

Asiana B-777 Reported Down At KSFO

Clearest picture I've found of the situation.

Bl4nGO2.jpg

It looks as though the fuselage fire has only just happened by the looks of this picture.

I hope everybody got out in time! Hopefully there aren't any severe injuries!

Watching it live right now.. The entire fuselage is burned out, tail is also gone. Apparently someone was plane watching when it happened, from what he described, it sounded like a blown tire and a subsequent loss of control on landing.

https://twitter.com/SoCalEMSFire/status/353595442543607809

#SFO Update: 303 SOB. All 303 accounted for. SFFD 3rd Alarm + RED Alert SMCFD 3rd Alarm USCG O/S Asiana Flight 214 from Seoul

ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING / i9-9900k @ 4.7 all cores w/ NOCTUA NH-D15S / 2080ti / 32GB G.Skill 3200 RIPJAWS / 1TB Evo SSD / 500GB Evo SSD /  2x 3TB HDD / CORSAIR CRYSTAL 570X / IPSG 850W 80+ PLATINUM / Dual 4k Monitors 

CNN showing an early touch down, way behind touch down zone even behind Piano.

Clearest picture I've found of the situation.

Bl4nGO2.jpg

There is no way this aircraft flipped after landing. The fuselage is intact and wings are still on the bird. Hopefully there's no fatalities as the fuselage is pretty much intact. This reminds me of what happened with a BA777 at Heathrow.

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

CNN showing an early touch down, way behind touch down zone even behind Piano.

Yup, and the strike on the actual rock berm at the edge.

CNN TV footage shows the debri field of the tail at the blast pad and the threshold.

Marc ter Heide

Not so kemosabe. This is Asiana's third 777 crash; one of them a cargo derivative.

You are right,

I should have said that there has not been any onboard loss of life before now Here is how Wikipedia puts it.

Quote:

The airliner has been involved in two hull-loss accidents, with no on-board fatalities, as of May 2013. It is rated the safest aircraft based on its accident safety record and high number of flight hours.

Unquote

I am praying that it remains so.

Man, just saw this.. Glad everyone is safe.

Kacper Nowotynski

Man, just saw this.. Glad everyone is safe.

Small nuance... no one has said that there hasn't been casualties. The report was 303 souls on-board, all accounted for. Which is not the same as saying 303 souls on-board, all alive (or safe, or living). The FAA is withholding information on that detail at the moment.

Just to be sure, it's not an official source. According to another tweet, the info is based on radio traffic and EMS reports.

Thanks for that.. Sometimes hard to know what is legit or not on twitter as not even some official things are given the twitter seal of approval as being "verified". 

ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING / i9-9900k @ 4.7 all cores w/ NOCTUA NH-D15S / 2080ti / 32GB G.Skill 3200 RIPJAWS / 1TB Evo SSD / 500GB Evo SSD /  2x 3TB HDD / CORSAIR CRYSTAL 570X / IPSG 850W 80+ PLATINUM / Dual 4k Monitors 

Small nuance... no one has said that there hasn't been casualties. The report was 303 souls on-board, all accounted for. Which is not the same as saying 303 souls on-board, all alive (or safe, or living). The FAA is withholding information on that detail at the moment.

Youre right. Thanks for clearing it up. In that case, I hope everyone is accounted for and alive.

Kacper Nowotynski

The media is leaning quickly at Pilot error.

Don't they always?

I hope everyone is ok.