Sign in to follow this  
SimBrief

SimBrief - Advanced Flight Planning

Another one that found about Simbrief today. After toying with it i´m really impressed (and quite glad i didn´t spend my bucks in a new shinier planner), it looks identical to those flight plans i see in World Air Routes videos.

Amazing program, many thanks!

I just tried generating a route and got an error .. like a red progress bar saying: Fatal exception. Flood control.

So I logged out.

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

I just tried generating a route and got an error .. like a red progress bar saying: Fatal exception. Flood control.

So I logged out.

lol nothing to fear, you must have accidentally clicked 2 or 3 times and flood control stopped you. Just go back and try again

ZORAN

lol nothing to fear, you must have accidentally clicked 2 or 3 times and flood control stopped you. Just go back and try again

Ok, thanks, will do.

Best Regards,

I tried this route:

KDTW RID5  SOT.DIRTY1 KATL

Which failed ..

Simbrief could not find RID5

Best Regards,

I tried this route:

KDTW RID5  SOT.DIRTY1 KATL

Which failed ..

Simbrief could not find RID5

RID5 works for me with AIRAC 1402. In the "Route" section, DO NOT put the departure and destination airports. Your route should look like RID5 SOT.DIRTY1. Enter KDTW for the Orig. and KATL for the Dest.

That worked ... thanks for the help.

Best Regards,

Update:

I'm pleased to report that over the last few months there have been some fairly significant improvements to the website. The latest update brought about several new features, such as:

• A reorganized options page featuring browser-side javascript updating.
  • Several new dispatch options including taxi times, departure/arrival runways, speed profiles, and cargo weight.
  • A new "My Flights" section, where users can save, edit, and load their flights.
  • A new "My Fleet" section, where users can create their own aircraft profiles.
  • Improved aircraft profiles for the A320 series, B777 series, and B737 series. As time goes on I will create detailed profiles for more aircraft types.
  • Proper cost index planning on aircraft which have been updated with detailed profiles (see above).
  • Flight level optimization. This selects the most efficient flight level, taking into account the winds, etc.
  • Improved ETOPS calculations. The system now checks all 3 ETOPS conditions (DX, DC, 1X) and chooses the most critical one. Automatic ETOPS alternate selection has also been improved.

In addition, due to SimBrief's increasing popularity and website traffic I have recently transferred it to a more powerful web server. This should dramatically improve the website's speed, especially during peak periods such as the weekend.

Thanks for your continued support!

Wonderful! Thanks for the continuous efforts, using it on every flight.

Thank you Derek for this splendid work! Your contribution to this hobby is much appreciated and incredibly useful, a planning tool that beats most of the others (if not all... but that is a different story!)

As I like to plan my flights in detail as an integral part of the fun of simming, I usually first decide on my routing - taking into account the weather of course - with SkyVector, transfer it to simBrief to refine and finalise it with all the relevant info and briefing, then onto Aivlasoft that will save it automatically to FSX and my planes in one click and allow me to follow my flight on the moving map. 

Again your software is a work of art and I thank you wholeheartedly for sharing your programming talents so generously!

Kind regards,

I Derek;

I don't know if this as been added recently, but it would be really useful to be able to export the flight plan in the Squawkbox format .sfp for loading into Squawkbox, vPilot, or the PilotEdge client for filing after connected to the network.

Dave

Dave Paige

Hi Dave,

Sorry for the delay, I have now added the SFP format as requested. Look for the "Squawkbox" option in the Download FMS list.

Thanks,

Derek,

Thank you for this versatile planner. Seen as it is a free tool, are you planning on making this a pay website or maybe accept donations? You have already mentioned that you moved to a more powerful server and that cost money. Just wondering.

Thanks once again.

Ed