Sign in to follow this  
stretch1365

Pro-Atc or Radar Contact?

(What's MS?)

Oops. I meant FSX.

Can you explain this a bit? I have RC and I have never learned of this. One of the things that bugs me about RC is that it doesn't have some call signs I want.

Nam basically answered it for me:

He means to uncheck RC's interaction with AI and listen to the MS default chatter.

One, of course, still needs to make sure to fly with a callsign supported by RC.

7950X3D + 6900 XT + 64 GB + Linux | 4800H + RTX2060 + 32 GB + Linux
My add-ons from my FS9/FSX days

Watch this space! I'm putting together a video which includes the use of PFE which shows it working at its best.

I'd be interested to see a video. I own RC4, PFE, and VOX ATC. I use VOX most of the time now. It assigns SIDS/STARS dynamically, but I'm not a fan of the way it handles AI traffic. I like the regional voices in PFE and most of the time it gets me to where I want to go. I have issues occasionally with TOD and when PFE starts my descent. Sometimes it's too soon, sometimes it's too late. It's all dependent on how your flight plan is set up.

NAX669.png

I'd be interested to see a video. I own RC4, PFE, and VOX ATC. I use VOX most of the time now. It assigns SIDS/STARS dynamically, but I'm not a fan of the way it handles AI traffic. I like the regional voices in PFE and most of the time it gets me to where I want to go. I have issues occasionally with TOD and when PFE starts my descent. Sometimes it's too soon, sometimes it's too late. It's all dependent on how your flight plan is set up.

It, also, depends on what you cruise speed and rate of decent you have set up in Pro Flight(the older program) settings.

Naif Almazroa

My Youtube channel:

https://www.youtube.com/user/Youmou0205

Naif,

I normally just go with the default.

NAX669.png

Naif,

I normally just go with the default.

Don't. I use .84 MACH for the T7, .78 for A320 and 737 and 3500 FPM for climb, 3000 FPM for decent for all of them. For the dash-8 I use 315kts and 2000 FPM for both climb and decent.

Also, I changed the FAF to 11 nm instead of 7 nm. This helps with vectoring.

Naif Almazroa

My Youtube channel:

https://www.youtube.com/user/Youmou0205

Hi all,

Thanks for your comments Bob they make interesting reading, especially about some of the problems faced by developers trying to make an ATC addon for FSX! 

Your comment regarding the ATIS at the destination being taken from the ground weather there especially interested me as that would stop the tail wind landing assignments that I am seeing at the minute using the default ATC. I am quite happy to set up my own STAR on arrival so long as I end up on the runway that the AI is using!!

One question though, I guess if you set up the STAR at the start of the flight, Radar Contact controls your route right down to the runway then? If you set up the STAR on-route then it wouldn't, is that right? This may be a silly question to those of you already using it, but if you don't ask you don't find out!

You ask a very good question.  Let me start by saying that Radar Contact is a ATC program.  What do I mean by that, first you can set it up to follow all your own instructions (which I do), I use weather programs to predict which way the winds are going to be at my departure and destinations.  Knowing that I pick my SID/rwy at my departure airport and again going to my weather program I know what the predicted winds will be at destination, there for I pick my STAR/rwy.  Using this method I am right about 90% of the time.  Now having said that, one let RC pick both the SID and STAR.  This is based on what FSX AI are using based on the weather, this works pretty well until you get to variable and calm wind conditions.  FSX can select some wild runways, example at KLAX one can get winds of 090/05 and you will get rwy selection of all the east bound runways, when you look in real world they are using the westbound runways.

I guess I flew to many years in the USAF, where I did my own flight planning so I don't like leaving it to a program.  So an old school guy like me does all the work before hand.  Now back to you question, no you cannot change the STAR enroute if you pick it, but if you don't select it Radar Contact will do it for you.

Off the subject that someone put into this thread, let me vary candid, JD did not delay development work based on financial considerations, please don't make those comments.  He did it for his family PERIOD.

Thanks

Bob

Having pushed tin myself a life time ago, no ai program can reproduce the human interaction between pilot and controller .  I usually just monitor the default sector I am in for ambiance and vector myself when needed. I provide my on separation using the TCAS, choose my approach according to weather, and vector using the HSI. Works for me. 

Vic green

I posted one in the thread, post #3, It's a full flight video, and also demonstrates SELCAL OCEANIC Positioning reports.

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

I don't know how I missed it. Thanks for the heads up.

NAX669.png

All the ATC programmes suffer from strange rwy changes when there is a crosswind of 5 kts or less. Both PFE and RC4 have to make a choice and go with where the AI is landing. Having just told you to go to the opposite rwy. The only solution would be an ATC programme that completely replaces the default ATC and has full control of the AI. Perhaps a future version of P3D may be able to do that. But, it would have to be comprehensively changed to include traffic separation, ICAO regulations, regional accents etc etc.

no ai program can reproduce the human interaction between pilot and controller

Exactly, that's why I always fly online. Besides, online controllers actually know and understand real life procedures, unlike the automated ATC programs

vatsim s3

1133704.png

Actually the weather engine can easily fix the problem with runways changing when the wind direction is close to 90 degrees to the runway and variable, you simply lock the wind direction and set a minimum wind speed of 6 knots, AS2012 already does this perfectly, its called ATC Wind Lock.

Cheers, Andy.

The only solution would be an ATC programme that completely replaces the default ATC and has full control of the AI. Perhaps a future version of P3D may be able to do that. But, it would have to be comprehensively changed to include traffic separation, ICAO regulations, regional accents etc etc.

that's how voxATC currently does it.  the future is here! lol.  well except for the accents, i think it just randomly chooses voice sets.

cheers

-andy crosby

Does VoxAtc support button commands, or only voice?

Sent from my U8815 using Tapatalk 2

Current system: ASUS PRIME Z690-P D4, Intel 12900k, 32GB RAM @ 3600mhz, Zotac RTX 3090 Trinity, M2 SSD, Oculus Quest 2.