Sign in to follow this  
stretch1365

Pro-Atc or Radar Contact?

Forget about ATC addons and try online flying....

Once you get in there and become familiar with procedures and communications you'll never fly again without it..

Regards

How often can you get full coverage of a flight using VATSIM? I was under the impression that in most cases it's hard to have ATC coverage for a whole flight.

How often can you get full coverage of a flight using VATSIM? I was under the impression that in most cases it's hard to have ATC coverage for a whole flight.

I don't know about Vatsim, as I fly on Ivao. On Ivao, european countries such as Germany, France, Spain, UK and Switzerland are pretty much covered, sometimes starting from Delivery up to Control/Radar. True, you don't always have a full ATC coverage throughout the entire flight (it also depends on the time of the day you fly), but in the end I accept having some ATC "gaps" enroute provided that departure/arrivals are covered by "real" ATC, rather than having the entire flight managed by a synthesised voice... 

Apart from the default FSX ATC I once used to have Radar Contact, which is not bad (probaby the best ATC addon for FSX), but I gave it up and uninstalled it once I started flying online.

Regards

• Upvote 1

AMD Ryzen 7800x3d, Asus ROG Strix RTX4090, Asus x670e-e, G-Skill F5-6000J3038F16GX2-TZ5NR

Its a pitty with only flying that the AI are gone, I LIKE my airports busy, and being alone at a big airport breakes the immersion for me.

Hence, I fly wit PFE, the best there is for EU flying.

I dont like the accents in RC, and the way they handle you. To US for me.

Wow, I was thinking of getting a atc program but after reading this thread i still don't know witch one.

Wow, I was thinking of getting a atc program but after reading this thread i still don't know witch one.

Hi,

Pro atc X is a very good program, but still have minor problem. 

I wait for since a long time now the v2 update, and nobody know when it'll be available.

Frédéric Giraud

I know how you feel, after reading it's still 50/50/50 ratio (PFE/RC4/Default)

Current system: ASUS PRIME Z690-P D4, Intel 12900k, 32GB RAM @ 3600mhz, Zotac RTX 3090 Trinity, M2 SSD, Oculus Quest 2.

with pro-atc we will NEVER see the update,i have given up.They just promise and promise and nothing happen.

If you can afford it get VOXATC with the added four TTS voices (demo available), it controls its own generated AI (from your AI traffic program), you talk just as a pilot would in real life (it adds realistic cockpit workload with ATC), works really well and is closest you will get.

If you cant/don't want to pay for VOXATC, Radar Contact would be the one to go for. RC is not being actively developed and shows its age in some areas but it does have support ... and ... it works.

If you can afford it get VOXATC with the added four TTS voices (demo available), it controls its own generated AI (from your AI traffic program), you talk just as a pilot would in real life (it adds realistic cockpit workload with ATC), works really well and is closest you will get.

My understanding about VOXATC though, is it does great on the ground, but there's little AI interaction in the air?

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

My understanding about VOXATC though, is it does great on the ground, but there's little AI interaction in the air?

Tom,

That's pretty much true. Last night, I flew from LAX-SFO. There was plenty of ground traffic but once in the air there was little to no AI traffic. Even on approach to SFO I didn't visually see another aircraft. This is really my only complaint with VOX. You will hear the ATC chatter but almost never see the aircraft.

NAX669.png

Tom,

That's pretty much true. Last night, I flew from LAX-SFO. There was plenty of ground traffic but once in the air there was little to no AI traffic. Even on approach to SFO I didn't visually see another aircraft. This is really my only complaint with VOX. You will hear the ATC chatter but almost never see the aircraft.

I would rather have a very realistic ATC add on with a (IMO) minor con and an abundance of pros, than a procedurally inferior one with a bug list as long as an orangutang's arm.

Regards,

Rick Hobbs

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Rick,

I agree with you. I own Radar Contact, PFE and Vox. For me Vox does the best job of getting me from here to there. The AI issue is more aesthetic than anything. I've always said, if you could take the best of all three you'd have a great ATC program.

NAX669.png

I fly GA more than I do my 737 NGX... leaning more towards PFE. I just hate how the default ATC just throw's out your flight plan when you get close to your destination.

Rick,

I agree with you. I own Radar Contact, PFE and Vox. For me Vox does the best job of getting me from here to there. The AI issue is more aesthetic than anything. I've always said, if you could take the best of all three you'd have a great ATC program.

So true!

Rick Hobbs

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

I have used them all, first RC, then PFE, PATCX and VOX. I have gone back to PFE, and it's a bit like getting a slap across the face from ya mother in law, you don't want to know she is right till she slaps you.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.