Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sesquashtoo

Could not resist the lure of the $13.98 on sale-- B58!

top notch, just like the C90B...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

post-125297-0-88048700-1387642098.jpg

post-125297-0-75477900-1387642139.jpg

post-125297-0-16620000-1387642167.jpg

post-125297-0-75246400-1387642189.jpg

post-125297-0-21957000-1387642220.jpg

post-125297-0-77434200-1387642255.jpg

post-125297-0-36821600-1387643127.jpg

post-125297-0-83959700-1387643988.jpg

post-125297-0-78361600-1387644003.jpg

post-125297-0-90428300-1387645527.jpg

post-125297-0-96756200-1387647608.jpg

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I bought 6 Carenado products for XP few hours ago (now I have 11 Carenado's aircraft for XP, plus 1 Alabeo). Not the Carenado's Baron just because it doesn't have an ADF! :Hmmmph:

I love the 3D feel of the cockpit. What part of the planet are you flying in in the pics?

As always from Sesquashtoo, great shots!

I bought her to! Great bird. I love her in RL and in FSX. Also works in P3Dv2 as well.

In FSX I installed the RXP 430 and used the linkgps feature so the magenta line is displayed on the 430's in the VC. Pop up the 430 for the RNAV approaches. Great plane. Going to be a favorite. :)

Might jam the RXP 430's into the panel if it will let me like I did with the F33A. I love Beach aircraft. What scenery was that you used in the screens?

Charles.

I love the 3D feel of the cockpit. What part of the planet are you flying in in the pics?

As always from Sesquashtoo, great shots!

The first few snaps, were around a gorgeous lake in Switzerland, and the shots from the taxi past the Big Iron, was at LPPT (Lisbon, Portugal)

Glad that you are enjoying them.  I'm enjoying the snap output from the other Xplane users very much, so!

I

Great shots,Carenado's Baron is one of my favs

It flies very well, and sounds grrrrrrrrrrrrreat!

I wanted a non turbo to compliment the C90B. At that price...a no brainer...even though I know...that it all adds up at the next month's statement, lol.  Oh well...that's why I work....

I bought her to! Great bird. I love her in RL and in FSX. Also works in P3Dv2 as well.

In FSX I installed the RXP 430 and used the linkgps feature so the magenta line is displayed on the 430's in the VC. Pop up the 430 for the RNAV approaches. Great plane. Going to be a favorite. :)

Might jam the RXP 430's into the panel if it will let me like I did with the F33A. I love Beach aircraft. What scenery was that you used in the screens?

Charles.

Having a blast with her right now around Lisbon Harbor...just took that snap of the over-fly at the bridge on towards the runway out in the distance... :))))

I bought 6 Carenado products for XP few hours ago (now I have 11 Carenado's aircraft for XP, plus 1 Alabeo). Not the Carenado's Baron just because it doesn't have an ADF! :Hmmmph:

Wow...wanna adopt me? :)))   

You must be just in XPX heaven....

And my Lisbon looks amazing too on those shots!!!!  Thx :-)

Yes, I have the B58 since the release, and also the Seneca :-)

And my Lisbon looks amazing too on those shots!!!!  Thx :-)

Yes, I have the B58 since the release, and also the Seneca :-)

That's right, J, you are from those parts.  Hey..I just landed across the bay...how bout we meet up for some great ethnic dishes and wine, from Portugal, and you show me the sights...., virtually speaking of course, lol!

Agreed, I got the Caravan, the F33a and the Baron (all for FS9) in the sale, thank you Carenado!

What sky texture is that,,really bright.

Well, that is one of two things...the first is the SkyMaxx Pro medium Haze, and the second..is that I have a Samsung monitor that has Dynamic Real Time contrast...that will automatically sample the screen continually, and in micro seconds adjust for optimum graphics....  You'd have to pull this monitor off my desk over my dead body...!!!!!  This feature really comes to life in the PM hours...and of course with XPX...this is KILLER!

Beautiful pics! Are you using SkyMaxx Pro?

Yes I am...and at the time around Lisbon, (I had internet download weather checked off) there wasn't a cloud to be seen in the sky....a very clear sunshine of a day.

Beautiful plane and pics! I am just wondering what your settings are though, since FPS seems a bit low.

Beautiful plane and pics! I am just wondering what your settings are though, since FPS seems a bit low.

For really dense autogen, my system can go that low,but then that is the snap at the time, in the next few seconds, it can perk right back to my normal 29.9 FPS.    Lisbon is very well populated with OSM and driven graphics...and is drop dead gorgeous to boot!  BTW, even with those lower transient FPS...the bird and sim still flows smoothly and with no jerk and hop.....

post-125297-0-74414300-1387646572.jpg

Ah!! I see. You are using HDR. I was wondering.

I know that some will turn off the FPS 'rat out' when they are in really dense renderings and grabbing the screen shot. I don't, because transparency is of the utmost. Again though, even with my last grab dropping down to 13 FPS, the sim (XPX is amazing in its use of hardware) flew as though I had 22 in FSX.  I actually can go as low as 12 FPS before I do get some of the dreaded jerk of other platforms. Also, in final thought, only when I come to custom LPPT, do I ever go below even 18 FPS.  Lisbon at my settings, is a killer to render its business..but the output is so worth the system's effort to produce it... 

If you look at the FPS counter on any of the other places upon the XPX planet that I have flown near/over...I mostly stay within a few spike up, spike down of 29.9.

That's right, J, you are from those parts. Hey..I just landed across the bay...how bout we meet up for some great ethnic dishes and wine, from Portugal, and you show me the sights...., virtually speaking of course, lol!

We could easily, in RL or over the net :-)

I never used X-Plane online though. 

In RL I work right in the middle of LPPT, and live on the other side of the river, which I cross by boat most of the time, or car throught the Vasco da Gama bridge, beautiful in your photos and in this excellent scenery created by a Portuguese living in the UK :-)

OK guys - you convinced me - that and the fact that just as soon as I started reading about the B58 here, Carenado kindly reminded me, via email, that the sale goes off tomorrow.  My wife is going to tell me, again, that she doesn't like to fly....  But I do, and have been flying this thing for the last hour or so...  beautiful.

John

I take it you're running some kind of extended scenery outside of the default or something like HD Mesh v2?

I get pushed around enough IRL!

John

I hear you John, I hear you! :lol:

Well I did not get the B58 but I got the C337H instead.  ;-)

I have them both!

IMO .. the essential Carenado's are (in no special order); the C185 with bush extension, the C208 with cargo, the C90B (and every KingAir thereafter), the B58, the C337, PA34, the C340 and of course the C172 .. I have the both Bonanza's as well and they're a lot of fun and great GA models.

Cheers, Kris P.

I

IMO .. the essential Carenado's are ..., the C340 and of course the C172 ..

Why the C340? I must admit that it is one of my least favored Carenado planes.

And while not a Carenado plane in my GA planes the Grumman Traveler has really established itself between the C90 and the Carenado Baron 58. While all Carenados have their place those three are my top 3 GA planes.

I take it you're running some kind of extended scenery outside of the default or something like HD Mesh v2?

Yes, This LPPT (Lisbon, Portugal) can be had off of the .org for a freeware download,  All my grabs have HD Mesh v2.0, SkyMaxx, and UrbanMaxx 3D (with the P.P.P. custom texture installed to be had from of of the developer's site as freeware)

The lake shots in this set are stock XPX.25 and inside Switzerland. 

We could easily, in RL or over the net :-)

I never used X-Plane online though. 

In RL I work right in the middle of LPPT, and live on the other side of the river, which I cross by boat most of the time, or car throught the Vasco da Gama bridge, beautiful in your photos and in this excellent scenery created by a Portuguese living in the UK :-)

I have never been to Portugal, but my mother and a old school chum of her has. She said that it was a most unforgettable experience.  My mother (she passed in 2000)  and  I had a passion for old cathedrals (from the Gothic era, on up...) as I grew up, and where ever we visited (my dad was bored to tears (lol), she and I would take in all that we could.  Some of my fondest memories were when my mother and I would tour the church interior at length, and then sit near the front pews and perhaps just meditate, quietly, the each of us in prayer and quiet mediation and introspect for 15 minutes among the peace of the interior, before leaving.  I certainly intend to visit the nation of Portugal in full retirement, and will be carrying on our tradition of seeking out the glorious religious architecture of each city. (My wife understands EXACTLY how her father-in-law felt...(wink))   Oh well...each to their own, and it is one of those cherished memories you have in interaction with either parent as you grew up, and for myself, the times mom and I would just walk up and into the interior of the cathedral....glance up, take all in...and enjoy an immense peace that descended upon the both of us. I will carry on that tradition when I come to your great country...with my  dear mother beside me in spirit! My wife will probably be at the beach...or enjoying a bistro until I rejoin her...(smile).  As they say, "..it is...what it is!"

Cheers!

Mitch

One aircraft that is flying under the radar , so to speak is the Cessna 182Q

Has an IFR  panel and well rendered and sounds are great

about $10