Sign in to follow this  
James Bennett

Lost motivation to fly

Vatsim is the reason I use FSX.

Sometimes I get the "New Scenery" bug, and go heading off somewhere that isn't covered by VATSIM ATC, but sooner or later it's back to the active areas.

What I don't like is when I wake up in the early AM thinking I'll go flying somewhere active, and I see Europe online - but with controllers heading toward 4 hour session times and think "I'll wait till the USA starts up a bit later", and then the USA ends up having like 3 controllers. One on New York Centre. One on Chicago Approach and one on Los Angeles Centre and miles of dead quiet nothing inbetween. :(

Or when I'm tired and just want to be left alone, but can't bring myself to fly "offline" because it's pointless, and feel too 'out of it' to make an effort to interact with VATSIM ATC. Wanna but don't wanna. Usually a quick trip to bed is in order in that situation lol.

Go to your local flight simulator (just checked out flight experience here in Sydney, expensive!) commercial or home based.

I've checked out several hardware cockpits in the past and flew a few ( 737 ng, a320) and always reignites the passion.

Why don't you try building a real cockpit to progress the hobby? That is what I am doing.

Try out the jeehell cockpit suite - it's free.

Soarbywire - Avionics Engineering

Hi Manfred

Does it have IFR training in that collecion?

Hi Manny,

yes it does. AviatorPro is the course you would be looking for. Aviator90 is a free course with all the basic private pilot knowledge. The Pro course is with a monthly fee, you can get out of course every month if you like. The course seems to be on the list for a complete overhaul but it already has a lot of knowledge videos and quite a lot of them are outstanding with content for single engine and dual engine also. IFB Basics, IFR Charts, some cross country flights, one series with even detailed NDB Approach flying and so on...

Some of the last videos I personally did not like but that is about 10 percent of an otherwise very good training for me.

Take care,

Manfred

Edited by galfed

The problem is I'm trying to make myself enjoy what I have instead of paying more and more money for new things i'll end up doing the same with in a months time. I need to spice up what I have. I feel like i've learned everything there is to do with procedural IFR flight.

The problem is I'm trying to make myself enjoy what I have instead of paying more and more money for new things i'll end up doing the same with in a months time. I need to spice up what I have. I feel like i've learned everything there is to do with procedural IFR flight.

Not sure if this has been mentioned since I didnt read the whole thread but I have found the best way to avoid boredom is to fly with friends in multiplayer.

Join a multiplayer session or create your own. Get a few friends involved with FSX and have a ball, we do it almost daily and I would never go back to flying solo again.

Jay

Well i see that everyone is telling there own story so why not tell mine  :P . Since the beginning of my passion towards aviation i have always fallen for the tubeliners (ESPECIALLY THE 777 :P ) . and for the past year i have mainly been flying the NGX in anticipation for the T7 . so when the PMDG 777 came out i said goodbye to my NGX and hello to the brand new T7 . BUT the weirdest thing happened , although i love the T7 up to today . I didn't actually like flying it so up to now my fellow simmers i have never completed 1 flight on the T7 some people say that im missing out on something Great but i keep telling them that i dont like all the automation on the plane . so about one month ago I got bored of my NGX and i said why not buy a twin engine prop . and i have been hooked since then ( Real Air duke v2 ) . and i dont think that ill go back to the NGX for quite some time .

Anyways its been great readin your stories . hope you liked my fairly short one  :lol:

Edited by fasouli

Well Faisal, if a twin engine is going to grab you, it will likely be the Duke! She is a great aircraft and still one of my faves.

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

Well Faisal, if a twin engine is going to grab you, it will likely be the Duke! She is a great aircraft and still one of my faves.

...very excited about the new Turbine Duke coming.

Gregg

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

Sometimes I feel the same and that's when I explore new locations all over the world. Sometimes I just load up a good helicopter and meditate with the rotors beating on the desktop.

Keith

Keith Guillory

Just took the Carenado V35 Bonanza out with new Orbx England scenery and it's the most fun i've had flight simming in months! Wow! Looks like i'll be spending the next few months flying GA with VOR navigation and following landmarks and major roads!

James, matey, here lies your problem! If it wasn't for Orbx sceneries I would probably have given up on FSX a long time ago! Do yourself a favour and download Orbx's Pacific Northwest V2 demo. It includes a full payware airport, KHQM. If that doesn't blow your socks off and make you want to fly every hour of the day, then nothing will! :lol: Heres' a taster of what you're missing... approaching Jackson Hole in the A2A 172...

Good shot.

What's this about a V2? I wasn't notified! :lol:

Edited by Wolflikespie

...very excited about the new Turbine Duke coming.

Gregg

Hee hee, yeah I know Gregg. But, I have to admit, while I like the Turbine my fave is definitely the piston version...

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

Good shot.

What's this about a V2? I wasn't notified! :lol:

I think this has been out a while now (at least few years). You might already have it installed.

Can't remember what the changes over V1 were.

I'm sure full PNW version at current spec is much improved over demo these days.

Kind Regards

Simon.

here lies your problem! If it wasn't for Orbx sceneries I would probably have given up on FSX a long time ago! Do yourself a favour and download Orbx's Pacific Northwest V2 demo. It includes a full payware airport, KHQM. If that doesn't blow your socks off and make you want to fly every hour of the day, then nothing will! :lol:

Howard,

You were absolutely right. I did the Orbyx PNW demo and then bought the package.  I have an Eaglesoft Piper Commanche that I've been using flying over the PNW. It's great.  Got me excited about FSX again. Looking forward to more Orbyx Scenery's. Great call there !!

Cheers,

Brian

Not sure if this has been mentioned since I didnt read the whole thread but I have found the best way to avoid boredom is to fly with friends in multiplayer.

Join a multiplayer session or create your own. Get a few friends involved with FSX and have a ball, we do it almost daily and I would never go back to flying solo again.

I've migrated to P3D 2.1 and I am frustrated that is still no available vatsim client! :-\

Soarbywire - Avionics Engineering

I alternate between weeks of only flying heavies like the PMDG 777 and then weeks where I want to fly lower and slower like with the Duke v2. This way I never get tired of flying.