Sign in to follow this  
SpoonerFLIGHT

CNN Mentions FSX used by Malaysian Cpt.

From the BBC reportage from KL:

The main Maldives airport is one of those featured in the flight simulator discovered at the home of the captain of flight MH370.

O'er, does this mean this Aerosoft scenery I bought now puts me under the radar? Just how ridiculous are the media getting? Anything to gain a newsline.

I saw this as well. It's pathetic  :rolleyes:

Now this leads to the question as to whether anyone with any expertise in FSX add-ons - PMDG, PFPX flight planner, etc. - is participating in this software investigation, or whether we're just going to see TSA-level OMG THERE IS A DELETED FMC DATA FILE FOR A FLIGHT TO YEMEN ON THE HD, CALL OUT THE TROOPS AND NUKE IRAN IMMEDIATELY! hysteria.

I'm sure CNN would love the latter. They need another war to fluff their sinking ratings.

I hope someone from the companies making the software is being carefully consulted, so any real knowledge can be found.

Otherwise it's nukes until the cows glow in the dark, with the level of "intelligence" out there these days.

Plus Rand Paul writing anti-terrorist Tea Party legislation to ban PMDG.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Personally I'm not comfortable seeing FSX or any other sim in the news. Their collective ignorant sensationalist histrionics is not the kind of attention I'd want on the hobby. Our knowledge of aircraft, and even our freeware would have them scrambling for 'experts' to 'comment'  :blink:

Regards,

Mark

I just re-installed Aerosoft Maldives-X this morning, and flew the PMDG 777 out of there. I'm now suspect no. 1. Lets hope they don't travel back in time and catch me when I land in Kai Tak.

Regards,

PD

At least this should teach everyone something about the media. Think about all the twisted angles and factual errors you find in articles on topics you have good knowledge. Now, think about all the articles you read on topics you know little or nothing about...

Simmerhead - Making the virtual skies unsafe since 1987! 

"Malaysia's defense minister said Wednesday that files were recently deleted from the home flight simulator belonging to the pilot aboard the missing Malaysian airliner

Um...  um...  I have recently deleted files from my own computer.  Does that make ME a suspect?  I think everyone has recently deleted files.

Is there *anyone* here who wouldn't be just a bit uncomfortable knowing experts are reassembling every file that's ever been deleted from your hard drive?  I feel for the pilot.  Expect more media hysteria from this.

At least this should teach everyone something about the media. Think about all the twisted angles and factual errors you find in articles on topics you have good knowledge. Now, think about all the articles you read on topics you know little or nothing about...

I think this is the most important thing for everyone to take out of this event. 

Hook

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;

Does that make ME a suspect?

Um... you a commercial airline pilot... piloting an aircraft  w/ a couple hundred passengers that is missing?

As far as deleted files... rarely do I delete.  Backup? Yes.  Delete? Not so much, no.

As I said... it would be completely negligent not to investigate this aspect.

get the hell out of ur country.

Drat. I've just come back after being away for 5 months not too far away from the place you want to flee to. Had I known how ridiculous western media would get-----and what does that say about the technical expertise about guys/gals here, compared to the 'experts' the media have trotted out-----I'd have stayed there!

Plus Rand Paul writing anti-terrorist Tea Party legislation to ban PMDG

I resisted replying to this, but I have to answer the ignorance in this post.

You obviously have no idea what Rand Paul or the Tea Party stand for if you have the strange idea that either would seek to ban a private company such as PMDG.

More more likely to have that come from a nanny-state ambulance-chaser Democrat like Chuck Schumer or establishment Republican like John McCain.

Like the "experts" that CNN brought on to talk about flight simulation that obviously have no idea what they are talking about, I request you please refrain from speaking about what you obviously have no idea about, thank you.

Philip Manhart  :American Flag:

13.jpg

- "Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something." ~ Plato

Had I known how ridiculous western media would get

Well we all should know that is the way it is.

The primary driver for the media is money... they fuel the 'hoopla' and as long as there is a market for it, it will continue to happen.

As far as deleted files... rarely do I delete. Backup? Yes. Delete? Not so much, no.

Besides the fact that I might be a suspect for deleting files was a joke, I guarantee you have files that have been deleted.  Various processes are constantly creating temporary files and deleting them without burdening you with the specifics.  Heck, *I'm* constantly creating and deleting temporary files myself.  For example, I need to copy an image to my desktop so I can zoom in on it for better detail, then deleting it when I'm done.  The satellite image of the possible MH370 was the most recent.

The article specified "deleted files", not deleted flight simulation files.  Besides, I don't always keep flight plan files around after I use them.  Some yes, all of them, no.  Then I prune back my saved flights occasionally, as I tend to save a lot.

Hook

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;

Um...  um...  I have recently deleted files from my own computer.  Does that make ME a suspect?  I think everyone has recently deleted files.

Is there *anyone* here who wouldn't be just a bit uncomfortable knowing experts are reassembling every file that's ever been deleted from your hard drive?  I feel for the pilot.  Expect more media hysteria from this.

The Malaysian authorities are currently just trying to find a scapegoat to cover for their incompetence. 

I resisted replying to this, but I have to answer the ignorance in this post.

You obviously have no idea what Rand Paul or the Tea Party stand for if you have the strange idea that either would seek to ban a private company such as PMDG.

More more likely to have that come from a nanny-state ambulance-chaser Democrat like Chuck Schumer or establishment Republican like John McCain.

Like the "experts" that CNN brought on to talk about flight simulation that obviously have no idea what they are talking about, I request you please refrain from speaking about what you obviously have no idea about, thank you.

Okay sorry, pick whatever pol from whatever party and insert here, then. I consider none of them particularly clever, from my distant standpoint. :)

If I used the autosave feature of FSUIPC, I'd have a lot of files to delete on a regular basis.

I do delete (sets of four files each: flight situation, weather, panel and A/C rte file) corrupt saved panel states, as it keeps me from the frustration of accidentally loading them a 2nd time.