Sign in to follow this  
SpoonerFLIGHT

CNN Mentions FSX used by Malaysian Cpt.

The media has run out of anything to say so they're clutching at whatever straws they can...  it's the old guilt by association ploy.  Most folks (the vast majority of the population) don't have fancy home flight simulators, this real world pilot did, that makes him not 'most folks' so he must be a bit strange, he was pilot of the airplane that vanished, therefore he used FS to practice for his dastardly act.  It's called a 'strawman' - you set it up and beat the heck out of it.

DJ

Yes, Used Flight Simulator 2004 and PSS 777 to practice how to fly a Bowing 777.

Of course he did this instead of, oh I dunno... Being trained by his actual Airline Training department to do his job properly, which oddly enough, was flying real actual Boeing 777's with live humans on board.

I think it's borderline libel and slanderous that the media is suggesting these men may of had some part to play in what has happened to this aircraft. The evidence so far suggests that the aircraft's transponder and ACARS was tampered with but nothing more. Anyone actually involved in the industry will tell you that It is ridiculous to suggest that this required implicitly an aviation professional to perform those acts and therefore by assumption that the pilots must of had a part to play. Anyone with a computer and Google available could learn exactly how to do it, even yes FSX and hell the PMDG 777 could easily of shown how this could of been accomplished by any person on this Earth.

For the media to suggest that the pilots were somehow involved based on whether they have a simulator at home or not is completely wrong. We do not know the facts regarding this situation and neither does anyone else so speculation and suggesting potential motives is dangerous and damages the pilots good intentions and even the decisions made to command the aircraft safely. So far the checks made on the pilots appear to be routine and from the evidence so far, there is nothing whatsoever to suggest that the pilots had anything to do with this disappearance. I think for the media to paint both men in a bad light by spin based on hobbies, letting someone in the flight deck in the past or anything similar is morally wrong. The facts right now suggest the Captain was a man of his community, a man who had risen to the heights of his career to be trusted completely with the lives of nearly 300 people. The flight simulator for me shows someone clearly devoted to his job and it is a shame in this society his name is being tarnished in the absence of facts, he could very well be a hero for all we know.

For now we do not know the facts and I believe the media is behaving outrageously and with complete disrespect to the SAR operation, those onboard and of course the suffering party, the families and friends of those onboard. I do hope they find this aircraft as soon as possible so that the circus around this incident can end and the families of those who may of lost their lives can learn what has happened to their loved ones.

Lawrence Ashworth

XhCuv5H.jpg

Standard operating procedure of airforces in the world is to track if a suspicious unidentified aircraft is flying over their territory and to allert the air defences and offensive units, sometimes they have to scramble fighter interceptor jets.

Now either malaysian govt is lying and hiding the truth by changing statements over and over again on the last data they received and flight path or it was a James bond sting operation to catch two bad Iranian guys.

Instead of spreading disinformation they should have asked their incompetent Airforce why they didn't scrambled interceptor jets when they realized that an unidentified jet is flying in their airspace. ? How come two irani nationals managed to board the plane with fake passports? 

As  per media pilot was a supporter of Anwar Ibrahim ( Malaysia opposition leader) who got jailed on the same day, and the experienced BOEING 777 Pilot turns off the transponder in protest. Are you kidding me ?. The other day an anchor was saying "well someone obviously turned off the black box" .. and I laughed so hard :D their ignorance to aviation is so amusing

The only stuff a rated and current RW B777 pilot could achieve with his home flightsim setup is, getting familiar with the approach to and the surroundings of an otherwise unfamiliar airfield and, maybe, a bit of route planning.

For any other purpose they have much better resources at hand IRL, at work.

Hey maybe soon we will hear that they just got hit with OOM error?

But to be serious here - I wish all the families of missing passengers and crew of this flight to finally find their peace. Without journalists limited knowledge, without experts trying to find a most ridiculous reasons.

Because whatever the reason was only one thing should be said : rest in peace. And whoever searches for a reason should do it with his mouth shut to so called journalists.

Despite  the media hoopla, there remains a basic fact. The pilot is  the person most responsible for his plane and the safety of his passengers, so in cases like this, it is normal that his name be first on the list of POTENTIAL suspects. No one has yet accused him, and it took days for his simulator rig to be siezed for the unlikely possibility that he had recorded flight plans on it that could correspond to this case.

One question that I have no heard is whether or not there was a second crew on the aircraft. There is considerable sleeping and loitering space on the 777 for a second crew, so it would probably be useful to know if someone was there.

Another question I have not seen on CNN is given the accuracy of the PMDG 777, whether an amateur could learn enough from that simulation to fly the plan after it had been taken over by terrorists. Also that could explain why the plane flew for some hours after deviation and perhaps crashed, if such an amateur pilot was not as competent as he believed, a possibility that has not been discussed as far as I know.

Henri

Henri Arsenault

Yeah, CNN, very credible organisation

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

Run as fast as you can Rob :lol:  CNN even commented that he had some sort of real weather program tied into his simulator.  ASN, OPUS, FSGRW....maybe they'll start chasing that angle?  After all, they did a great job of spelling Bowing Boeing:

ecfc43fd-077a-4b30-90e0-ed1d803b2aa6_zps

:Shocked:  80P CNN is such a joke.

I'm starting to believe that CNN is a front for CIA propoganda, as some have purported. It's the only logical explanation for there daily bs.

Intel i7 10700K | Asus Maximus XII Hero | Asus TUF RTX 3090 | 32GB HyperX Fury 3200 DDR4 | 1TB Samsung M.2 (W11) | 2TB Samsung M.2 (MSFS2020) | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280mm AIO | 43" Samsung Q90B | 27" Asus Monitor

Well, flight training wasn't banned after 9/11 so I wouldn't worry too much :-p

@Henri - You wouldn't have relief pilots on such a short trip. At the most you would have deadheading flight crew.

Regards

Rob Prest

This is an automatic message.

This topic has been moved from "MS FSX Forum" to "Hangar Chat". This move has been done for a number of possible reasons.

• The most likely reason is that the post was off topic.
  • The topic could also have contained images or a video that were not appropriate to the original forum it was posted in.
  • The images might not have been "illustrative" or "explanatory" in nature.
  • The topic could have been moved because we deemed it to be more appropriately placed elsewhere.
Please ensure that your posts are "on topic" and contain illustrative images or videos as appropriate. Do not post videos or images just for entertainment purposes anywhere but in the screen shot or video forums. See our image posting rules here.

Members who continue to post off topic posts can be denied entry to specific forums in order to reduce and remove the practice. Your cooperation is appreciated.

Jim Clancy on CNN said why would someone "need" a home flight simulator?  This made me laugh.  I have a lot of things in my home I don't "need."  Reminds me when Shakespear's King Lear said:  "(The) reason is not the need."  I guess non flight-simulators, like most people, don't see the joy in flight simulation. 

I wonder what investigators think they will find on his sim?  Maybe he saved his flight plan to the middle of the Indian Ocean  :P

Me too. I have waffle iron that has never made a waffle since bought, a food processor that has beat a few bowls of batter and shredded at least one head of cabbage over the past fifteen years, and a toaster that maybe toasts one or two English muffins a year.

Oh yes, I also have three flight simulator computers set up here, two of 'em with multi-monitors!

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator