Sign in to follow this  
SpoonerFLIGHT

CNN Mentions FSX used by Malaysian Cpt.

Okay sorry, pick whatever pol from whatever party and insert here, then. I consider none of them particularly clever, from my distant standpoint. :)

Let's leave politics out of this folks or some will start to find that they can't post in this topic at all.

Besides the fact that I might be a suspect for deleting files was a joke

Yeah I know it was tongue-in-cheek... was just giving you a bit of razz Hook.  :P

Heck, *I'm* constantly creating and deleting temporary files myself. For example, I need to copy an image to my desktop so I can zoom in on it for better detail, then deleting it when I'm done.

I realize... it just depends what files and what *if anything* has any relationship to where the plane was tracked.

The Malaysian authorities are currently just trying to find a scapegoat to cover for their incompetence.

It could be this...  I certainly hope this isn't the case as it just adds insult to injury.

If I used the autosave feature of FSUIPC

Ok, ok, ok, ok... you got me there. :P :P :P

I don't believe it was either of the pilots, but I do think they may have let someone in the cockpit that they shouldn't have. I don't believe it was a forced entry, as there would be plenty of time to get a warning out. From reports, it appears Malaysia Airlines has been lax in this area in the past, including the in cockpit party, the FO was involved in.

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

I guess I'm a suspect too according to CNN's logic. In fact, I flew from OMDB to Maldives on the fourth of March 2014 and

OMDB-WMKK on the 21st of February 2014.

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Yusuf Keyre

Lol..CNN reports that FMC Routes take up alot of memory and that would be a reason for *gasp* files being deleted.  It's just so comical watching the fuss on his state of the art flightsim, I need to call my local law enforcement agency as I'm sure someone is currently writing a bill requiring Flight SImmers to register their setup.

Did any of you Sherlocks yet compare the real world route to a typing error in the FMC?

Are there waypoints possible entered wrong to get the plane in the wrong direction ?

The BBC news reporter in the studio stated the following (or something similar) a few days ago......

"We have now been told that the pilot had a sophisticated flight simulator at his home, which is strange in itself...."

Idiots, the lot of them.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

We are all suspects now. I entered a waypoint deviating from my course destination. OMG!

Seriously, I think theres a reason why CNN features so many drug prescriptions at commercial break. Because they are all using them and the side effects are clearly in full force. 

We need another major event story to take this ridiculous conjecture off the airwaves. 

CYVR LSZH 

http://f9ixu0-2.png

I don't bother using waypoints. I just fly "low and slow" (aka "under the radar to avoid detection" for any NSA agents reading this), looking for "places of interest" in the scenery below.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Oh god. CNN is talking about flight simulators again. I can't stop cringing and face palming. They think flight plans take up a lot of "memory".

From the BBC reportage from KL:

The main Maldives airport is one of those featured in the flight simulator discovered at the home of the captain of flight MH370.

Because the flight simulator doesn't feature any other airport as well....seems legit.... <_<

We are all suspects now. I entered a waypoint deviating from my course destination. OMG!

The other day, flying a Boeing 747-400 from Philadelphia to JFK, after flying over DITCH, I deleted every other waypoint up to CAMRN, deviating from my filed flight plan. I guess that makes me a suspect as well. :ph34r:

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

Air Kevin 124 heavy, wind calm, runway 4 left, cleared for take-off.

Live streams of my flights here.

Because the flight simulator doesn't feature any other airport as well.

And you have this concrete information at hand, do you? If so, then what the BBC reportage that said it was one of those featured, which could possibly also mean that there were other airports also featured, logically thinking, is incorrect?

Rick, these "talking head experts" seem totally unaware that there are over 24,000 airports featured in FS9 and FSX...

...thus the source for Kevin's tongue-in-cheek comment.

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Prediction on the next story angle:

THIS JUST IN TO THE CNN NEWSROOM:

"We told you earlier that Captain Zaharie Amad Shah had deleted some files off his home flight simulator.  We have now learned that 3 days before the incident that the Captain had recalibrated his yoke.  It is still unclear why he would do something like this, but we believe this had something to do with the 777 making its sharp westward turn back over Malaysia.  We have been reporting all along that someone had reprogrammed the plane's computer to make such a maneuver, but it's now been confirmed by unconfirmed sources that it was the recalibration of the yoke that made this happen.  We now have with us in the studio former Bowing 777 Captain Oliver Magilicuddy who will go into more details on precisely how this plane changed course" 

Chris Sunseri