Sign in to follow this  
carlito777

A first glimpse at Prepar3d v2.3

The shots of their upcoming PNG scenery are terrific! Didn't know about that, but now I know what my next purchase will be.

The new scenery will need a copy of global installed, unfortunetly

ZORAN

The new scenery will need a copy of global installed, unfortunetly

No kidding, bums me out also. I have no interest in FTX Global, but the PNG shots at the ORBX forum look pretty good. As posted at their forum, I really hope this doesn't become a standard of needing FTX Global with new addons..

Best, Michael

KDFW

its all coming together for P3D

even Night Environment got attention and should be back to normal in P3D v2.3

No kidding, bums me out also. I have no interest in FTX Global, but the PNG shots at the ORBX forum look pretty good. As posted at their forum, I really hope this doesn't become a standard of needing FTX Global with new addons..

And of course if you get global you will eventually get vector and then the land classes ....Its pretty clear where this new direction is heading its just a shame they have excluded loyal customers that fly full fat regions only

ZORAN

What is PNG? 

Bob

And of course if you get global you will eventually get vector and then the land classes ....Its pretty clear where this new direction is heading its just a shame they have excluded loyal customers that fly full fat regions only

What's the problem with that? You need to have full fat region in order to use aiport addon designed to work with that specific region, right? Same is true for ftx global airports. I have all regions but if they develop PNG as region I won't buy it. This new business model is more cost effective if you already have ftx global. And as far as I see, ftx global is already becoming standart. I rarely see recently uploaded fsx video without ftx global.

I don't own a single item from Orbx.... well, except for ASN, which I purchased for developmental reasons.

So... assuming everyone uses OrbX isn't a very safe assumption at all. :)

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

I don't own a single item from Orbx.... well, except for ASN, which I purchased for developmental reasons.

So... assuming everyone uses OrbX isn't a very safe assumption at all. :)

ORBX does not make ASN, HIFI does

When is v2.3 due?

assuming everyone uses OrbX isn't a very safe assumption at all. :)

+1

norbx in any of my recent video's or on my sim

What's the problem with that? You need to have full fat region in order to use aiport addon designed to work with that specific region, right? Same is true for ftx global airports. I have all regions but if they develop PNG as region I won't buy it. This new business model is more cost effective if you already have ftx global. And as far as I see, ftx global is already becoming standart. I rarely see recently uploaded fsx video without ftx global.

This is the first full fat airport (payware) that is designed for ORBX GLOBAL only. Im not sure if your getting that? previously you had to buy a region but now you have to buy Global. Of course there is nothing wrong with that , they can do what they like. The problem lies with the buyer who has to pay $132 for PNG and thats okay if you intend to use global but to use it properly without color problems it will need land class and of course Vector to make it come alive .Oh and I forgot to add a world wide mesh as well (pilots is recommended)

ZORAN

I don't own a single item from Orbx.... well, except for ASN, which I purchased for developmental reasons.So... assuming everyone uses OrbX isn't a very safe assumption at all. :)

Wow that's like saying "I'm, 40 years old, still a virgin and proud of it!".

I'm sure there are people out there still using FS98, and happy to stay with that. ;)

Seriously though, Orbx aren't forcing anyone to buy anything, they are not a big bad corporation, but they do make quality stuff.