Sign in to follow this  
Japmaco

Upgrade to Super High End System for Prepar3d

Hi all,

Im running Prepar3d now on 5920k clocked to 4.4, 16gb ddr4, 240gb ssd, 2way sli Asus strix 980gtx cards. And im pretty happy, but i want more.

Im asking all high end boys out there.

Is the 5960x and 32gb ddr4 and 3way sli 980 gtx worth a shoot?

I wanna have awesome system for running this great game. And be able to get high framrates in 4k in future. For now i just want steady 60fps with all my rex4, orbx, pilot edge, and all settings to max to runt smoothly on 60fps.

Have anyone tried 3way sli 980 gtx, 5960x 8core cpu and 32gb ddr mem?

Regards Markus

I didn't think SLI was fully integrated into P3D as yet, so I wouldn't bother with 3 way SLI just yet.

Single core CPU performance is also important, can you push more than 4.4 Ghz? Would try that first rather than upgrading CPU.

Finally, P3D is VAS limited to 4 GB; 16 GB memory will more than cover it. So I would imagine 32 probably won't help at all.

Welcome to the P3D Derby - where We spend Thousands of Dollars to run a $60 Game - I Agree with SouthPawPaul - I'll take Your Old Stuff :lol: B)

Johnman

overclock your CPU to 8GHz (with liquid nitrogen cooling?). That's the only way to make a "super high end" rig for P3D...

Im running Prepar3d now on 5920k clocked to 4.4, 16gb ddr4, 240gb ssd, 2way sli Asus strix 980gtx cards. And im pretty happy, but i want more.

You are happy? What kind of performance do you currently get?  Unless money is of no concern for you, please go for it and report back.  The amount of money people are willing to spend on this "game" is insane  :lol: There is also no such thing as happy in FS land, there is always that extra thousand to spend to be able to push the slider a bit more!

You can get way better stuff at trolls'r us

:lol:

Ive got GTX690 4 gig VRam Card,  as no flight sim has been optimized yet for Sli, im only getting a tinchy bit over 2 gig Vram.   I get between 25/30ish on high,  what more does a Poppet need.  

In case you don't get sarcasm, all the people meant to say "it's not possible to get 60 fps"

:)

In case you don't get sarcasm, all the people meant to say "it's not possible to get 60 fps"

:)

Spoilsport!!!!

:P

Have anyone tried 3way sli 980 gtx, 5960x 8core cpu and 32gb ddr mem?

I tried 3way sli once on new year's eve in 1996. It built up too much heat.

Happy New Year, all.

This is like saying I want to put a Ferrari engine in a lawnmower.

The engine might be amazing but the platform hasn't caught up yet.

If this is a serious thread, I'd recommend you wait for nVidia to release P3D specific profiles (with SLI support) ... should happen early 2015 before looking for some exotic solutions.

Cheers, Rob.

wait for nVidia to release P3D specific profiles (with SLI support) ... should happen early 2015

Hello Rob, Happy New year.   Would that even include my one,  its a 690,  its only a single card but still Sli at that?  Thank you. 

Hello Rob, Happy New year.   Would that even include my one,  its a 690,  its only a single card but still Sli at that?  Thank you. 

SLI needs two or more identical cards to be functional, in addition to profile, etc. Two 690's could SLI. 

Vic

I'll pos some videos when I return from the oilrig jan 9th :-)

I'll pos some videos when I return from the oilrig jan 9th :-)

SLI needs two or more identical cards to be functional, in addition to profile, etc. Two 690's could SLI. 

Vic

Thank you Vic for your response,  My amateur understanding of it was that 1 gtx690 4gig VRam Card was in fact 2 gtx680's 2 gig VRam running in Sli.  So if any Game or Sim platform was Optimized for Sli configuration,  well that would highly benefit me? 

Elaine - Sorry, my bad, didn't pay attention - two 690's would actually be quad SLI which still needs work. So yes, you are correct SLI configured software should take advantage of the 690.

Vic