Sign in to follow this  
CaptKornDog

Flysimware MU-2 or Carenado 850?

The title pretty much says it all. Considering getting one of these planes and would like to solicit opinions. I tend to lean toward putting preferential treatment on systems and flight dynamics, so I unfortunately know what I may be getting with Carenado. (I've finally just tweaked their PC-12 to where I like it, having experience on the real plane.)

Any comments would greatly help. Thanks!

Kyle Weber (Private Pilot, ASEL; Flight Test Engineer)
Check out my repaints and downloads, all right here on AVSIM

My history with Carenado was just about over until X-Plane so not too much good about them from me.

However, I LOVE MY MU-2 from FlySimWare. It is not the prettiest plane in the hangar, particularly the VC textures. But the depth of systems, the quality of the Garret simulation, and the fun factor of the unique flight dynamics more than compensates for any lack of texture aesthetics.

It would be one of my top 10 if forced to choose.

• Like 1

Definitely the MU2. My Hobbs is at 300+ hours now, I just can't get enough of it. The textures are not carenado quality, true, but it has systems and is a wonderful hand flyer. Gtn750 and Roland's radar both integrated (with asn), just a great all around plane.

I'm also always looking for good systems and flight dynamics. I down't own any of this two, but i own flightsimware Cessna 441 Conquest ll. The First and the last purchase i made from them :smile: . I saw some topics, reviews and series of videos on youtube, and it was promising. Unfortunately, just Marketing. Except nice engines model, everything is like on default MS planes. They are better then Carenado(becouse of engines model), Carenado has better graphics, but non of them are not even close to serious system simulation, or good flight modeling. I'll stick with PMDG, Maddog, Majestic, RealAir and A2A. The only other plane that i don't regret purchasing alpha release is Milviz KA 350i. Much better then many finished planes, and a nice surprise for me.

Nothing else was good enough for my taste. I don't know about MU-2, just wanted to share my experience with them

Both your choices fall way short of quality simulations, Flysimware is difficult to look at and Ceranado charge twice as much as it should for half an effort.

But why are you limiting yourself? Both the PMDGJS41 and the Dash 8 Q400 are the complete package

ZORAN

But why are you limiting yourself? Both the PMDGJS41 and the Dash 8 Q400 are the complete package

1) Already have the JS41 and Q400

2) I won a VATSIM contest and get to pick either the Carenado 850 or a Flysimware product :P

Kyle Weber (Private Pilot, ASEL; Flight Test Engineer)
Check out my repaints and downloads, all right here on AVSIM

... alpha release is Milviz KA 350i. Much better then many finished planes, and a nice surprise for me.

Amen

The 850 is nice if you combine it with Flight1 GTN 750 and Bert's mod.

It's a very nice plane to fly that way (if you close your eyes to the obvious careNOTado crap of course)

Pawel Grochowski

8LRyGFr.png  

In regards to the Carenado 850, AVSIM has a forum specifically for their aircraft.  You should check there too before making any decisions.

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

I have the GTN and the TBM

If I didn't have the GTN and the TBM I would look at the MU2 - the reviews say superb system and engine modeling

Looks are okay, both planes are similar cruise speeds - TBM more efficient if you use FSE

The TBM flies pretty well by hand at least - and as usual looks excellent

Both planes are /A flyers if you're online (unless you GTN mod them)

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

I get over average looking aircraft as long as they have deep systems which I find more enjoyable that keeps me flying that airplane. Which is why I am disappointed with Carenado it always looks so beautiful but falls short on the basics. Great FDE but nothing deep in the systems. I have heard good stories about Flysimware but wish they would support the RealityXP units.

Flysimware MU-2, I have more hours on this one than any other aircraft in my hanger.

• Like 1

The MU2 supports an F1GTN750 in the panel.. that is a big plus in my books!

Bert

Flysimware is increasingly light on their customer service, their Garrett modelling is a step in the right direction but nothing to savour and certainly not the best that has been done in that area (the Aerosoft Bronco and the JS 41 from PMDG both do a superior job in FSX). Carenado is simply gobs**te on everything other than the prettiness of the visuals. 

Given the best of a bad job, go with the MU-2. Unless you happen to know how a Garrett turboprop should work, in which case there is a topic in the Flysimware support forum you should read before believing the hype. At least the Mitsu has a bit of character and depth to it.