Sign in to follow this  
tazz

P3D 3.0 Speculation & General Nonsense

Mind you, I'm not sure how much longer I will be able to continue this policy.

I can understand that Pete and I certainly appreciate you keeping things updated ... however, have you approached LM with whatever it is you need to bind to so that perhaps they could provide that functionality in the SDK for all to use so that you don't have to keep these updates flowing?

LM seem to be having a hard time getting this type of "proprietary information" out of 3rd party developers that have this binding reliance because it provides market leverage for 3rd party products an hence a competitive edge and reluctance to share.

Cheers, Rob.

If they do continually update their product(s) to handle platform changes for free, surely you can appreciate that this does go beyond your demand as a consumer for 'value for money'?

I've continually updated FSUIPC over many years, and the only new charge ever made was for the immense amount of work creating FSUIPC4 after the design of FSUIPC3 (built upon a version dating from FS98 days) proved inadequate.

Mind you, I'm not sure how much longer I will be able to continue this policy.

Regards

Pete

My wallet is ready whenever you are ready to have us pay for another FSUIPC. You push out more updates than any developer I have seen and support your product well. It is a bit ridiculous how long the FSUIPC life cycles go without charging us actually. Generous, but at times I feel guilty.  :cray:

Let me guess.... you want 64bit. 

Josh Daniels-Johannson

Same here Pete, I'd happily pay for a new version.

Your product has added so much value to prepar3d and fsx over the years and I'm constantly surprised at the (unmatched by any other dev) free updates and support.

Chris

I can understand that Pete and I certainly appreciate you keeping things updated ... however, have you approached LM with whatever it is you need to bind to so that perhaps they could provide that functionality in the SDK for all to use so that you don't have to keep these updates flowing?

Actually, they asked me if they could do that -- they took the initiative. And in return I explained in a document for them exactly what I was doing and why. 

I've not heard more since, but on the other hand I've not chased it up. I expect their plates are rather full as it is.

My wallet is ready whenever you are ready to have us pay for another FSUIPC. 

Same here Pete, I'd happily pay for a new version.

Well it's unlikely I'll do that unless and until I have to go 64-bit. That'd be FSUIPC5. then. ;-)

Mind you, I'm 72 already. I might have had to hand over the reins before we ever see 64 bit arrive!  :-(

Regards

Pete

Win10: 22H2 19045.2728
CPU: 9900KS at 5.5GHz
Memory: 32Gb at 3800 MHz.
GPU:  RTX 24Gb Titan
2 x 2160p projectors at 25Hz onto 200 FOV curved screen

Mind you, I'm 72 already. I might have had to hand over the reins before we ever see 64 bit arrive! :-(

Fer Chrissake Pete - Your program is one one of the mainstays of flight simming! If nothing else then at least stick a nominal charge on it and, even if you don't want to capitalize on it yourself for your own altruistic reasons, at least leave your Kith and Kin something to be proud of and a source of future revenue for your family.

Actually, they asked me if they could do that -- they took the initiative. And in return I explained in a document for them exactly what I was doing and why.

Excellent, can't ask for any more than that ... lets hope we all see some realization from it in the future.

Cheers, Rob.

Pete, maybe put a Donate Button on your web page, for the people that want to pay you for your trouble and great work you do,  to keep your software up to date. Just a thought.....

:-)

John

Pete,

Why not Fsuipc on a license base for $ ... A year ?

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

Fer Chrissake Pete - Your program is one one of the mainstays of flight simming! If nothing else then at least stick a nominal charge on it and, even if you don't want to capitalize on it yourself for your own altruistic reasons, at least leave your Kith and Kin something to be proud of and a source of future revenue for your family.

My comment was really a point about how far into the future the mythical 64-bit version may be! ;-)

As for charging more (or again), I'd only consider doing that if it was a lot of extra work, as I would expect 64-bit conversion to be (my programs working on internals, not simple stuff like file formats).  I really want less commitment, not more, so I can enjoy my supposed retirement, and maybe fly my cockpit more. If it keeps earning more money I feel obligated to spend more time on development and support.

Pete

Win10: 22H2 19045.2728
CPU: 9900KS at 5.5GHz
Memory: 32Gb at 3800 MHz.
GPU:  RTX 24Gb Titan
2 x 2160p projectors at 25Hz onto 200 FOV curved screen

Even thought I have the paid version of FSUIPC, I still agree with the donate option.

You mean the password?

Something lol . It's good to see V3 on the Prepar3d Website. Even if it gives us more to speculate about lol

Mr Leny

CPU I7 8700K @ 5.0GHz , MOBO -Asus Maximus X Hero (WiFi AC),GPU - GTX1080 TI , RAM - CORSAIR Vengeance RGB 16GB DDR4 3600MHz
SSD -Crucial MX500 1TB (P3D Install Only)
OS- Samsung 960 EVO 500GB (Window 10 Pro 64)

Patiently waiting myself  :Big Grin:

Cheers, Bert

AMD Ryzen 5900X, 32 GB RAM, RTX 3080 Ti, Windows 11 Home 64 bit, MSFS

Link is useless  - guess you need to be on beta team - rest my case

Rich Sennett