Sign in to follow this  

Personal first impression

@spankerj,

I have noticed it as well that a whole "slew" of commands and button assignments are missing from FSUIPC. Aileron, elevator and rudder trims are just the tip of the iceberg.

Pete must have been in quite the hurry to get away from the snarling masses that are flight-simmers. But to omit the functionality that made FSUIPC synonymous with flightsim...

Pete, C'Mon Man! :fool: :fool: :wink: :wink:

regards, Craig

just kidding, Mr Dowson, Sir. Hope you enjoy your holiday.

I think the massive VAS improvement is due to everyone having no addons installed

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

I think the massive VAS improvement is due to everyone having no addons installed

Not quite - Rob has reported using many vas hungry addons and it didn't make much of a difference 

Rich Sennett

PMDG team did report that they ran v3 through their OOM test that would consitently give OOMs for them, and with v3 they reported to have a hard time gettting any OOM errors. I suspect they did manually install somethings to perform their test. I have no confirmation on their testing methodology or add-ons.

The questions that I have are:  Can you hear the avatar's footsteps and do the footstep sounds vary with the walking surface?

No. But he can jump, crouch, and run. He is soundless.

Let me guess.... you want 64bit. 

Josh Daniels-Johannson

After reading through the other topics and this one once more I came to the conclusion first day (week) impressions are pretty useless. And that includes my own, yes.  :wink: It's impossible to say anything useful until the sim is on par with the previous version (installed add ons etc.) and no matter how you try, it's impossible to NOT look too closely at everything and hence see things that aren't there, etc. You expect things, you hope things, you want things... In another topic I read things about apparently improved AA which made me think... say what?! Are you serious? And I am sure others are reading things in my OP and think the same. 

First day personal impressions are fun and nice to read (cough...) but in the end only YOU YOURSELF can judge if a new version is good for you or not. Believe me, you can't trust anyone on this but yourself. So enjoy the negative rants and overexcited posts but be sure to check out v3 YOURSELF. And take your time too.  :wink:

Just a thought, is the avatar similar to BOB from Orbyx? (I think he came from there)

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...
To the Stars, & Beyond... 

Just watched a video made by Froogle on his channel about P3Dv3.

I recommend watching it. Its a nice 40 min video!

Just a thought, is the avatar similar to BOB from Orbyx? (I think he came from there)

The only similarity is that both allow you to walk in the sim world. Big main huge difference is that BOB was in fact a plane: once you load BOB, the plane you are going to fly in is gone. You can walk around in the world but that's it. The Avatar however is some sort of extra 'view': you can walk around the plane you are actually going to fly in! Main difference! So although BOB and the Avatar look similar at first sight, they really aren't. Eventually the Avatar will allow you to check and open stuff on the plane (fuel, oil, etc.), but of course this has to be implemented in the plane. The Avatar can be used in 3rd person mode (you actually see the puppet) and in 1st person mode (you look through his eyes). All in all they look similar but they aren't. 

Just watched a video made by Froogle on his channel about P3Dv3.

I recommend watching it. Its a nice 40 min video!

Thx for the heads up. I'll check out what he has to say about it.

After reading through the other topics and this one once more I came to the conclusion first day (week) impressions are pretty useless. And that includes my own, yes. :wink: It's impossible to say anything useful until the sim is on par with the previous version (installed add ons etc.) and no matter how you try, it's impossible to NOT look too closely at everything and hence see things that aren't there, etc. You expect things, you hope things, you want things... In another topic I read things about apparently improved AA which made me think... say what?! Are you serious? And I am sure others are reading things in my OP and think the same.

First day personal impressions are fun and nice to read (cough...) but in the end only YOU YOURSELF can judge if a new version is good for you or not. Believe me, you can't trust anyone on this but yourself. So enjoy the negative rants and overexcited posts but be sure to check out v3 YOURSELF. And take your time too. :wink:

That is the most sensible post I've read here today.

I agree that it makes great first day reading, but everyone usually falls over themselves to be the first to post something (anything) to create some drama. This always happens with new releases - the dust settles after a month and then everyone is as happy as a pig in mud - usually after the first fix.  Then the sentiment usually transitions to , 'this is the best thing ever'!  lol.  

So no orbx installers yet?

No

I have every addon i had installed on 2.5. Like i said, 800MB extra VAS is a reality, sometimes a little less, sometimes a little more. Performance improvements are very realistic as well, it notices.

If someone missed my previous post:

I created an image of my original 2.5 P3D installation and also backed up all files for a quick restore in case i required it.

I then installed v3 on a second computer, carefully copied all executable code plus DLLs over to my 2.5 installation, carefully set up the required environment copied from the other PC (it's really easy if you know what you're doing) and activated the second copy. Uninstalled from the other PC and i'm done.

The only thing i had to do was to update FSUIPC, which i use, to a newer version as well as ASN. It's working perfectly.

This is the best way to instantly notice there are great differences (i can call them improvements) from 2.5.

CASE: Custom ALU 5.3L CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4060 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

After reading through the other topics and this one once more I came to the conclusion first day (week) impressions are pretty useless. And that includes my own, yes. :wink: It's impossible to say anything useful until the sim is on par with the previous version (installed add ons etc.) and no matter how you try, it's impossible to NOT look too closely at everything and hence see things that aren't there, etc. You expect things, you hope things, you want things... In another topic I read things about apparently improved AA which made me think... say what?! Are you serious? And I am sure others are reading things in my OP and think the same.

First day personal impressions are fun and nice to read (cough...) but in the end only YOU YOURSELF can judge if a new version is good for you or not. Believe me, you can't trust anyone on this but yourself. So enjoy the negative rants and overexcited posts but be sure to check out v3 YOURSELF. And take your time too. :wink:

Very true not to mention there's not two systems performing exactly the same.

However personally I would like to see some "major" improvements that I personally will benefit from in the type of flying I do if I'm about to spend 200 bucks.

Richard Åsberg

We have seen this before with the Microsoft Flight release...there is always a divide between the brand loyal extremist and the logical consumers.

Yep sure enough its the same brand loyal extremists out looking for blood ready to pounce on anyone with even a trace of dissatisfaction.

Not surprised at all.....

Asus Maximus X Hero Z370/ Windows 10
MSI Gaming X 1080Ti (2100 mhz OC Watercooled)
8700k (4.7ghz OC Watercooled)
32GB DDR4 3000 Ram
500GB SAMSUNG 860 EVO SERIES SSD M.2