Sign in to follow this  
oneleg

How BIG is your FSX folder? Is 50 GB too big?

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I seldom use FSX now (I've switched to P3Dv3) but it's 331 GB. A classic example of someone with way too much time on their hands.

Doug

• Upvote 1

FSX - 709 Gigs.....Almost everything Orbx....lots of freeware photoscenery that I turn on and off as I feel appropriate, everything FS Addon, Everything RTMM, tons of Sim Addons, tons of freeware airports and a bunch of commercial one's....one can just never have enough scenery....and a pile of freeware and smattering of payware airplanes. It takes far too long to load but once I'm up and running, its a beautiful thing.

100 Gigs even, FSXA boxed, fresh install May 2012. With some serious trepidation I'm planning to nuke it all in favor of FSX-SE which I bought for $7.49 a few days ago :shok:

Lockheed Martin Prepar3D v3 folder - 68GB

Scenery folders outside core sim - 37GB

Photoscenery (outside core sim) - 289GB

Photoscenery 2tb external wd Hardrive USB, and 20gb on other items active sky, general avaition planes and my own scenery I make using sketch up and blender at times.

FSX - 709 Gigs.....Almost everything Orbx....lots of freeware photoscenery that I turn on and off as I feel appropriate, everything FS Addon, Everything RTMM, tons of Sim Addons, tons of freeware airports and a bunch of commercial one's....one can just never have enough scenery....and a pile of freeware and smattering of payware airplanes. It takes far too long to load but once I'm up and running, its a beautiful thing.

:o 

And I was worried about my 150GB folder... :tongue:

Wow!!  And I thought 50 GB was kinda pushing it. Which begs the next question... is there a limit?  From the replies here, it doesn't look like there is.

350 GB and only a very few photosceneries. Although much loved Netherlands photoscenery is not currently installed - that would add +100 GB.

Only 38 GB for me, I now have folder envy.

But I do have Active Sky 2012 and Edit Voice Pack X on another drive, they would still add only 5.5 GB.

Usually around 75 gig, if I load everything in I have about 90ish