Sign in to follow this  
Echofox

ORBX Library Update

Advise a check on ORBX forums re new library update,  users are reporting blurries,  I am definitely not installing until resolved.

Echofox

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Advise a check on ORBX forums re new library update,  users are reporting blurries,  I am definitely not installing until resolved.

Echofox

What version of the Orbx libraries?

Jay - Library update 160528  28 May 2016

NaMcO - Reports are varied , I am being cautious.

Regards

Echofox

What option is there for someone who has not installed Orbxlibs yet?  If I install the newest libraries, am I forced to initiate the migration process into the unified lclookup?

What option is there for someone who has not installed Orbxlibs yet?  If I install the newest libraries, am I forced to initiate the migration process into the unified lclookup?

No, You can go into Settings in FTX Central and turn off updates. 

After that, if you don't install the 160528 or later Orbxlib you should be good to go.

Echofox

I have encountered terrain blurries - figured out XCLASS LC did not play well anymore - just by chance I shut it off and textures were much better go figure so with that said we need new orbx LC for lower US now lol cant wait for that product

This is in P3D 3.5 - timing was in line with Orbx launch so blamed P3D should have known better

To those with zero issues your not going to know you have any unless you have flown all of your coverage areas because the graphic problems can occur in patches. 

I have more blurries too, since installing latest.

To those with zero issues your not going to know you have any unless you have flown all of your coverage areas because the graphic problems can occur in patches. 

Yes, exactly. No problems here.

• Upvote 1

That's of course correct. So I have flown during the last couple of days after the upgrade mostly in PNW, Southern California, New Zealand North and South (all are ORBX full fat regions) and in Germany/Austria with Open LC Europe. I run P3D 2.5 and have seen so far no issues whatsoever. I haven't done the upgrade to P3D3 yet as I am happy with 2.5 (very rarely I encounter VAS problems) and want to wait until all ORBX installers have been upgraded. I have a lot of their sceneries and all work fine in 2.5.

I envy all of you have had "zero issues". But, for some of us it's been a real nightmare. The problems I encountered were so bad that I finally trashed the entire P3D install and started over using only the 3-16-2016 libraries and FTXCentral 2.1.5988.3534. I've turned off the FTXCentral updates and it'll be a long time, if ever, before I update again.

Doug

SInce I upgraded to the latest Orbx Libraries I have had texture errors at just about every airport I visited so far - missing files and blurries . This is in PNW, Australia and NZ. EVERY airport has at least one Texture file missing, and some locations,  more than one file is missing so every time you switch a view from outside aircraft -- or cycle internal views, you get these missing files and have to press OK to continue..

I went on the usual trouble shooting mode trying to find what is missing and why.. so far no luck resolving one single error.

very very frustrating

I use DX10 Fixer and run in DX10 mode in Windows 10.  I am not about to start yet another fresh install as there is so much payware scenery and aircraft and utilities to reinstall it would take days... sigh

Perhaps the blurrie issues with the latest libs are confined to P3D.

I'm in FSX, and also zero issues with the latest libraries,

SInce I upgraded to the latest Orbx Libraries I have had texture errors at just about every airport I visited so far - missing files and blurries . This is in PNW, Australia and NZ. EVERY airport has at least one Texture file missing, and some locations,  more than one file is missing so every time you switch a view from outside aircraft -- or cycle internal views, you get these missing files and have to press OK to continue..

I went on the usual trouble shooting mode trying to find what is missing and why.. so far no luck resolving one single error.

very very frustrating

I use DX10 Fixer and run in DX10 mode in Windows 10.  I am not about to start yet another fresh install as there is so much payware scenery and aircraft and utilities to reinstall it would take days... sigh

You could just install ORBX again. No need to wipe the drive

Perhaps the blurrie issues with the latest libs are confined to P3D.

I'm in FSX, and also zero issues with the latest libraries,

Thinking  that  way as well

For me it is not just P3D - Nope I am in FSX and have the blurry issue. I have noticed the sharpness has gone as I fly over the PNW and ORBX airports - Of course it could be upgrading to Windows 10 , upgrading the Nvidia video driver to work with WIn 10, but I doubt it,

Thanks for the suggestion to reinstall ORBX ..well meaning but a big job plus for each scenery there is: serial numbers date of purchase order number before you can install.each one.

IT is a big job just putting ORBX back into FSX with the number of sceneries I have ...it would still take hours if not a day or two - then would I dare to update to the latest Orbx Library again? probably not...

No need to enter all the WRAPPER info again if the software has already been installed on the machine.  Your Registry holds all the data.

Not windows 10 and I have the latest video driver the only way I have seen in the past is getting a new version of libraries - I dont have to reinstall serial info - reg remembers it 

No, You can go into Settings in FTX Central and turn off updates. 

After that, if you don't install the 160528 or later Orbxlib you should be good to go.

Hi I am slightly confused now, just to be absolutely clear can you install the 160528 libs without then having to go through the migration process?  Thanks.

Bruceb

Hi I am slightly confused now, just to be absolutely clear can you install the 160528 libs without then having to go through the migration process?  Thanks.

Bruceb

Yes download from FTX main site