Sign in to follow this  
Nemo

ProATC X - New Version

Update is still stuck on 5% after hours. Apparently several other users aare in the same boat.

Giving up for today.

Full version was downloaded for 5 minutes/

Full version just overwrites all of your settings, configurations, options, flight plans, for what I have seen. It is a vanilla install. There is probably a way to update all that from my backup, but since there is no clear instruction from the developer, I prefer to wait.

Update is still stuck on 5% after hours. Apparently several other users aare in the same boat.

Giving up for today.

When it hangs, kill it with the task manager and try again. Note the Cancel button doesn't work. It took me about 10 attempts, but it finally downloaded and installed. Once it gets stuck it's done, you need to retry.

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

When it hangs, kill it with the task manager and try again. Note the Cancel button doesn't work. It took me about 10 attempts, but it finally downloaded and installed. Once it gets stuck it's done, you need to retry.

BRILLIANT TOM! That did the trick!

Mario Di Lauro

You made my day, Tom. I cancelled and restarted Pro-ATC/X not less than 20 times, but never from the Task Manager and I always got to a point where the download got stuck.

Thank you very much.

Did you do a clean install ? I just updated via proatcx and I dont get vectors.I'm told to fly rwy heading, to turn left or right once or twice and that's it. If i stray off course atc couldn't care less.

No I did not get vectors on departure, only told to fly fwy heading then at 400 ft told to proceed via SID.

I did get one vector to intercept FAF of ILS at KABQ.

It's better than the previous version but this is only one flight will be doing more tonight with FSX-SE and the FSLABS Airbus. The previous flight was in P3D.

I just updated PROATCX through the program. I also download the full installer just for a backup.

Sean Green

No I did not get vectors on departure, only told to fly fwy heading then at 400 ft told to proceed via SID.

If you are assigned a SID, you don't need (or receive) vectors... you fly the SID as published.  Vectors are only provided for departures without a SID.

MD

I did get one vector to intercept FAF of ILS at KABQ.

It's better than the previous version but this is only one flight will be doing more tonight with FSX-SE and the FSLABS Airbus. The previous flight was in P3D.

I just updated PROATCX through the program. I also download the full installer just for a backup.

If you are flying a SID, you have your vectors in the SID   

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Now that the new version is out, some have asked my reasoning for switching from beta testing PATC to now using PF3. A few of us, myself included spent a great deal of time creating new ATC and pilot voices for PATC, since some of the voices were really bad in the default set, and this limited the good sounding voices to a very few. I used the new sets and it added a great deal to the immersion . Near the end of the beta testing, they decided to eliminate all the additional  voices we created, for testing purposes. Well I downloaded the new version today, and my voice set as well as some others are now gone, which is what I figured was going to happen.  That is the main reason that I gave PF3 a try, and once I got used to the 160 voice sets in PF3, there was no going back. User voice sets have been promised for at least two years, but this has never been implemented, and it looks like it never will. 

• Upvote 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Bob, so would you say PF3 is the better ATC addon of choice compared to the new Pro-ATCX 1.8.5.0? Can you run PF3 over a network setting?

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

Bob, so would you say PF3 is the better ATC addon of choice compared to the new Pro-ATCX 1.8.5.0? Can you run PF3 over a network setting?

Not sue about the network, I don't use it that way, but I like it much more than PATC. Try it, there is a free demo. 

Have they fixed the awful robotic voices in PF3? I hope the voices sound better than PATC.

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

I still wish someone would release an ATC program that allows for directing the voice output to the device of choice - speakers or headset, etc. I've tried  a few programs that are supposed to redirect the output but they cause more problems.

I've been using both PATC and PF3 and haven't made a definite decision yet. There are features I like about both and ditto with dislikes.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

Have they fixed the awful robotic voices in PF3? I hope the voices sound better than PATC.

Only a few robotic out of 120+. Your post implies they are all robotic. PF3 has the most immersive voices in any ATC addon.

Did you read Bob's post about PATC  voices above ? 

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.