Sign in to follow this  
threexgreen

Decent ATC addon?

Absolutely not the case!!! My given example BIG is that last wypt in the STAR. So your argument is absolute nonsense!

Did you even read the post? How is my EFHK example invalid? Please explain how my example is "absolute nonsense!".

Did you also note my edit that I added to the post? EGLL STARs are the exception to the rule, not the norm. This is why I added the EDIT to the post you replied to.

EDIT: So yes, my statement about BIG being the first waypoint was wrong. I realised this when I looked at the plates and noticed, that EGLL STARs are more like STAR transitions.

My original argument still stands:

It was claimed that weather can't surprise an ATC program if you check TAF before the flight. I explained how this can happen with programs that do not read the AIRAC data. I then added EFHK as an example so anyone can go and look up the plates and see how little there is similarity between STARs starting from your normal STAR entry point. So if you do not manually enter data for each runway and for each entry point (and update the values every 28 days for each AIRAC cycle), you will get surprised by the weather sooner or later (with these couple of programs).

Edited by Jarkko
  • Upvote 2

Right at this moment, there is one controller in the entire United States, NY Departure. That's it. Useless. http://vattastic.com/

But Bob, its only 8am on a Monday (right now). :smile: Not even Europe is exciting at 8am on Monday lol

Try the free(for 60 days ) VoxATC 7 beta for P3D version 3 up to 3.4 and see what you think. This can find this at www.voxatc.com This uses voice recognition.

Try the free(for 60 days ) VoxATC 7 beta for P3D version 3 up to 3.4 and see what you think. This can find this at www.voxatc.com This uses voice recognition.

VOX was one of the two I bought.  I liked it except it frequently lost situational awareness.  I'd do the flight, nearing approach it would switch me to tower.  I'd try to contact tower but it wouldn't recognize a thing I said.  Sometimes it would want me to contact departure at my departure airport.  Nothing to do but ignore ATC and land.  Very frustrating. 

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

How does Pro-ATC/X keep its' AIRAC data up to date? Are they integrating Navigraph data (or a similar service)?

Edit:
... and does it work together with other weather engines than ASN? I use FS Global Real Weather; is this one supported too?

Thanks, and more thanks :wink:

Frank

I may well be that VoxATC ver 7 addresses those issues Gregg. I do know that the writer is working his way through reported bugs. I guess that it is worth trying it at some point on the basis that the trial is free and quite long.

• Upvote 1

I may well be that VoxATC ver 7 addresses those issues Gregg. I do know that the writer is working his way through reported bugs. I guess that it is worth trying it at some point on the basis that the trial is free and quite long.

Do owners of the previous version have to buy it again?  I only used it about 5 times, mostly because of that bug.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

How does Pro-ATC/X keep its' AIRAC data up to date?

It uses Navigraph and supports FSGlobal real weather as well as ASN

How does Pro-ATC/X keep its' AIRAC data up to date? Are they integrating Navigraph data (or a similar service)?

Edit:

... and does it work together with other weather engines than ASN? I use FS Global Real Weather; is this one supported too?

Thanks, and more thanks :wink:

Frank

Like Glynn mentioned, Navigraph is one of the AIRAC providers, the other is Aerosoft, which is also supported. FSGlobalWeather is supported, as are ActiveSky and Opus for example.

I don't know what the author is going to charge but 7 won,t be free. That said he did loads of updates on version 6 and there is quite a good chance that your problem is already fixed. In any event you can try the new version 7 for 2 months and see if it pleases you.

Yes for most instructions although on my last flight it would give a speed but no text. For the most part all communications flash on the screen and there is a say again button. In terms of the initial clearence etc there is an option to show all of it in the menu in case you don't get it the first time around. 

Yes, there is an option to show the text onscreen, in that green bar at the top of the screen which you also see when you for instance open the door, but 1. in the latest version the text onscreen isn't always exactly the text you'll hear (it usually shows too much info so it isn't all bad  :wink: ) and 2. that green bar is a sort of immersion killer for me, specially since I need it to stay onscreen quite long in order to read everything (you can set how long it stays onscreen and what colors is has and if it is static text or rolling).

BUT (BIG BUT!!!) ProATC has an even better option: the inflight menu! Simply press the 6 key and you will get ALL the information you need for the current situation (so not only the initial clearence information as red259 posted)! You will see a.o. the radio frequency to set, squawk code, assigned SID, runway, expected STAR, runway, transition, the altitude to set, etc. and all that changes according to what ATC told you.   . . .

Thank you both for your replies.  Really appreciated.

--- Jim  ---

It uses Navigraph and supports FSGlobal real weather as well as ASN

Like Glynn mentioned, Navigraph is one of the AIRAC providers, the other is Aerosoft, which is also supported. FSGlobalWeather is supported, as are ActiveSky and Opus for example.

That's great to hear. Thank you guys!

If they only would provide a demo - but I need to agree, watching over other's shoulders on Youtube is a great source of information too.

Cheers

Frank

Did you even read the post? How is my EFHK example invalid? Please explain how my example is "absolute nonsense!".

I wouldn't get too upset by Volobarista's strange answers to your absolutely valid points. An ATC software where you have to select SIDs and STARs yourself is beyond ridiculous which disqualifies PF3 big time for me.

I have ProATC and really like it (but I have to admit that I only fly tubes). With the last release it has become even better.

• Upvote 1

i7-10700K@5.0GHz ∣ Asus ROG Strix Gaming Z490-E Gaming ∣ 32Gb@3600MHz ∣ AMD Radeon 6900 XT

Since PROATC has it's own copilot I assume it would negate any further need to use my FS2CREW addons with my PMDG jets? Also, do ATC addons  put an addional drag on performance?

From what I read PROATC would be the one for me to purchase.

Vic green

Since PROATC has it's own copilot I assume it would negate any further need to use my FS2CREW addons with my PMDG jets? Also, do ATC addons  put an addional drag on performance?

From what I read PROATC would be the one for me to purchase.

Use the FS2 Crew. No comparison between PATC and FS2 Crew co pilot. 

• Upvote 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310