Sign in to follow this  
carlito777

FSLabs A320-X for P3D on final

Having to use FSX to fly it bugs me more.

you  say  you dont  come  here  to complain and  he  you go  having  to use  fsx :Tounge:

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

you  say  you dont  come  here  to complain and  he  you go  having  to use  fsx :Tounge:

Well, it is my first and only complaint for 2017 :smile:

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

Lol amusing isn't it :-) Seems they have some other issues on their hands...

I am not a programmer, I just buy and fly these. But I thought programmers have to write their simulator programs to fit the platform on which its going to run? Not write it and then ask the LM guys to alter the platform to fit the sim?

• Upvote 2

But I thought programmers have to write their simulator programs to fit the platform on which its going to run? Not write it and then ask the LM guys to alter the platform to fit the sim?

true  so fsl  writes the programe  for  example  for  p3d  v2.x   than LM   after  awhile  updates   to p3d.y which  than changes the parameters,  this  is  why fsx  is  different  it  cant be  changed  no more  it  what it  is  now

• Upvote 1

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

i'm happy I can at least reinstall fsx and profit from the best a320 available...

• Upvote 1

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

i'm happy I can at least reinstall fsx and profit from the best a320 available...

You are only happy when you can uninstall and reinstall :smile:

• Upvote 2

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

I was on the fence with it being 140$ but I have the AS versions so the upgrade at that price is too steep for me at this time. They also require you have the latest version of P3D installed which has OOM issues which is another reason I'll pass. Happy with P3D 3,35 or whatever the last 3.3 version was. Maybe ill get it later this year when P3D comes out with a better version and I have 140$ to burn.

Richie Walsh

Haha...jcomm..how do u manage to find so much time??
  • Upvote 2

:smile:  Me? Uninstall ? Never !

Well, honestly, it stopped the moment I discovered I love DCS and IL.2 - those are here to stay.. but this Airbus masterpiece is making me dream of using it and since I do not ask for fancy graphics and scenery, I believe it could run great in my old rig... fsx:se would turn into my Airbus sim only :-)

• Upvote 1

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

I always use system image before I faff around doing big changes

14ppkc-6.png

true  so fsl  writes the programe  for  example  for  p3d  v2.x   than LM   after  awhile  updates   to p3d.y which  than changes the parameters,  this  is  why fsx  is  different  it  cant be  changed  no more  it  what it  is  now

And it's probably also why X-Plane isn't so famous among developers as fsx still is...

They're sort of "unstable" platforms for someone willing to make sound investments with it...

• Upvote 1

Main Simulation Rig:

I keep asking on FSL forums but it seems no one want to answer so I will ask here :)

What is the VAS foot print of the FSL A320 within FSX.

PMDG 777 was around 700-750. That was a new high at the time of release. 

So whats FSL's ?

Because if it's no higher I dont see what all the fuss is about?

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

Longest final ever. We're on the runway excursion phase already.

CASE: Custom ALU 5.3L CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4060 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

Did not find specific data but found a guy who tested FSLABS A320 on default FSX with ONLY FSUIPC installed. He was on DX9 and stated he had 1,2-1,4 GB of VAS left on spawn.

so 2,8 GB of VAS consumed without addon airport and any textures is a HOG. Much more than PMDG, which in my case on default scenery was never over 2,4 GB.

I get 3,0 at start with NGX on Flightbeam KIAD (3,2 with triple 7) with all addon airports (21) I have loaded into my scenery and all texture packs like REX4, ENVTEX, FSGlobal, FTX Global, Vector, Landclass and few ORBX regions.

One thing to keep in mind - FSX DX9 sucks big time with regards to VAS management.

Guest Mik75

Here are the figures of VAS left, measured with FSUIPC, in a fresh and untweaked install of FSX SE, with FTX Global installed, default weather theme ("fair weather"), REX 4 Texture Direct and ASCA textures, default EDDK scenery (sitting on RWY32R at 12:30pm), with Ezdok v2 running and in DX10 with Steve´s DX10 fixer (including his cloud shadows addon):

default Trike: 2945682

PMDG T7: 2283112

A320X: 2002720

So, it has a greater VAS footprint, but that can be easily explained by the sheer depth of system modelling, I think.

P.S.: Sliders in FSX are set like suggested on the FS Labs Forum, exept for scenery, which is set to "dense" instead of "normal". And water is set to "mid 2x" to make Steve´s cloud shadows work in DX10.