Sign in to follow this  
188AHC

RIP Princess Leia

Very sad news that Carrie Fisher (Princess Leia of Star Wars fame) passed away today as the result of a massive heart attack several days ago.

RIP Princess. You and your Force will be missed.

• Upvote 2

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

;-( Very sad indeed.

It's been so great to see her in the last Star Wars episode...

R.I.P., Mrs Fisher!

Saw it earlier today, and have just been trying not to think about it.

Damn.

RIP.

There is a great void in the force today, countless voices crying out in the darkness.

*\*

:0(

I was happy for her having the chance to reprise the role after a lifelong curse as playing Princess Lea was such a typecast that she never really recovered her acting career from it. Also I feel she probably didn't get that much pay the first time round that having another go meant she would be more then taken care of for life the second time round. She was taken far too soon as I feel she still had a tremendous amount of energy to take on more projects for another period of her life after Star Wars, too bad she never got a chance to enjoy that time. I wish the best for her daughter as her mother was taken too soon from her, but I am happy they did get the chance to work together.

RIP Dear Princess

And tonight they announce the passing of her Mother, Debbie Reynolds who was 84.  Sad.  May they both rest in peace together.

• Upvote 1

Dying of a 'broken heart' is quite real. My aunt died many years ago, from a long bout with cancer.  My uncle was fit and fiddle, at the time of her death.  He died himself, unexpectedly by the family, three weeks after her funeral.  One night he went to bed, and didn't wake up the next morning.

He adored Aunt Vera.

They were once more, together again.

Just about 30 minutes after stating that she wanted to be with Carrie, she died. Rest in Peace both mother and daughter, may the Force be with you always.

• Upvote 2