Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Gregg_Seipp

What was your best purchase 2016?

88 posts in this topic

I have several really good ones, I think.  Trying not to focus on the end of the year so much...

• My favorite, so far, is Active Sky/ASCA 2016.  I see it as having huge potential once the database of clouds grows.  We may see less flattened clouds that look more natural.  Envtex is a big plus.
  • Favorite plane this year is the Aerosoft A320...yeah, very late to that party.  (I dumped a lot of airplanes off of Prepar3d when I went 3.3)
  • Favorite scenery...hmmm...gonna say Aerosoft Malaga.  Beautiful to fly into, light on my system.  Might have said Palermo if it wasn't so heavy.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

1. FSLabs A320 wins hands down...

Active Sky 2016 + ASCA with latest patch, superb!

FlyTampa sceneries Sydney, Toronto, Copenhagen, well, all of them yes...

DX10 Fixer + Cloud shadow gave a new life to my FSX, helps dreaming of P3D when it gets 64 bits!

For P3D I only bought ORBX FTX Narvik and REX HD Airport Textures. I like them both.

I loved the New York DLC for Aerofly FS 2.

And that was all I spent money on in 2016. Next purchase will be for Prepar3D 64 bit. I wonder who will release the first one!

Does botlles of good red wine count ? or crates of Hefe-Weisse ?

These ones:

- Aircraft: AC500 Shrike from Carenado

- Scenery: ORBX FTX Global OpenLC NA

- Utilities: PTA (donationware)

- Other: ChasePlane

Cheers, Ed

ActiveSky 16 + ASCA ... and Airline2Sim 777 Cadet course (it simply is amazing!)

Hi Folks,

• FSW Learjet 35A
  • AS16/ASCA
  • ORBX KBHB Bar Harbor, ME
  • PTA

Regards,
Scott

Does botlles of good red wine count ?

It should, the title doesn't limit to just FS purchases. I got a subscription with Ecluse winery in Paso Robles, CA and am enjoying that very much!  :smile:

I only made 3 FS purchases in 2016, of those I'd pick AS2016 my purchase of the year.

Aerobask Epic Victory, vFlyteAir Cherokee 140, Dreamfoil S300CBi.

And yes, XP11.

I was just looking through my "Flight Sim Purchases" folder and wow did I spend a lot in 2016.  Definitely my highest spend year of all time (not including computer build).  For me its a toss up between Prepar3d or the updated ConcordeX for Prepar3d.

IFly 747 for me. Been waiting for the Queen for sometime so I waited no more. And glad I didn't wait because she's a beautiful lady. :)

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0