Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

[21JAN17] PMDG 747-400 Queen of the Skies II - More Release Info

Same here. My heart rate rose and if I had a tail it would be wagging.

NOTAM: 28JAN17 -.1900Z

The PMDG eCommerce site is offline temporarily while we effect upgrades for the upcoming release of the PMDG 747-400 Queen of the Skies II. (It is NOT releasing right now.... relax!)

This site will be offline for a few moments, please return in about :45!

We apologize for any inconvenience this outage causes you- but please come back once we are up and running once again!

PMDG

Your patience is appreciated!

PMDG Technical Support

What they probably meant: "Go away, it's not releasing today!"

What I read: "It is not releasing right NOW. But in 1h"

• Upvote 2

What they probably meant: "Go away, it's not releasing today!"

What I read: "It is not releasing right NOW. But in 1h"

If it isn't releasing today then they should have just said that in the message. Otherwise they will have people pinging their website over and over to see what happens after the update. Then again maybe it is releasing today and they just don't want to cause a stampede. 

• Upvote 1

If it isn't releasing today then they should have just said that in the message. Otherwise they will have people pinging their website over and over to see what happens after the update. Then again maybe it is releasing today and they just don't want to cause a stampede. 

And this is just how our male brains work. They could have written "Blablabla" into there and it would have had the exact same effect on us :lol: I'll be checking in a few times tonight, but not too often either

At this point I'm thinking they have to do a silent release in the wee hours of night or they'll make AVSIM and their own site explode. :P

Yup I saw it as being down for 45 minutes and then the release. lol. I will be checking all day now.

Richie Walsh

At this point I'm thinking they have to do a silent release in the wee hours of night or they'll make AVSIM and their own site explode. :P

I don't think it matter what strategy they may think of to prevent an ambush. If there isn't an internet black-out going from country to country one by one their site is going down lol. Even with a silent release. Even if they lied to us "We will release it in three days" and did it now it wouldn't help.

Superb Owl = Superbowl...Superbowl Sunday release? Sorry if someone already mentioned this, I am in tax season hell and just rolled through this thread in about 5 minutes.

Cheers, Pete

Pete Solov - Lake in the Hills 3CK

and Schaumburg Regional 06C
Proud AOPA Member - PPL 2001
Real World Piper Cherokee Pilot

I am sure they have steps in place to throttle the bandwidth to keep the site up. I doubt a release today, one of the beta testers (Carl) just uploaded a thread where he said he got a new beta build last night. So unless that build is the release candidate, I would suggest another couple of days.

As always when making such pronouncements, quite happy to be proved wrong!!

• Upvote 1

Pure speculation: I get the feeling another post is coming from Robert tomorrow letting us know what the actual release date is.

Gents,

You guys are hysterical.  :P

All we are doing today is server maintenance in preparation for release...  This will probably go on all day tomorrow too.

We told you two weeks ago that we would give you some warning...  R.E.L.A.X!!!!!!

We are still finalizing some details and giving the beta and tech teams a chance to wring it out over the weekend and make sure we are happy with it.

• Upvote 7

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

Thanks Robert! Whew! I'm in the 777 doing a flight DFW to Columbia! 4 hrs. to go, scared I'd have to wait to purchase;)

UPS123.png

Gents,

You guys are hysterical.  :P

All we are doing today is server maintenance in preparation for release...  This will probably go on all day tomorrow too.

We told you two weeks ago that we would give you some warning...  R.E.L.A.X!!!!!!

We are still finalizing some details and giving the beta and tech teams a chance to wring it out over the weekend and make sure we are happy with it.

Now, why, oh why are you spoiling all the conspiracy theories here Robert  :P ???  Seriously though, when reading the earlier post of the Beta tester who did the flight this morning after receiving another beta build, I would have guessed right away that release was not today hahahaha.   Just like @rfelger, I am just starting out an 11h00 flight in the B77W from FAOR to EGLL so yeah...

Regards

• Upvote 1

LOL...this PMDG Cultist passed hysterical weeks ago....what comes after hysterical?

spacer.png

This is exactly what they want us to think. Trying to throw us off. We got too close. Be right back. I heard a noise in my attic. I'll go downstairs and check.

Richie Walsh

They did the same thing last night. The site was down with the same message for about half and hour. I don't think it's going to be released today. Maybe tomorrow!!! Lol!! :-)

Pablo Vazquez - Flight Attendant - Major US Airline

(P3D v4.3, PMDG 744v3, PMDG 748, PMDG 777, PMDG 737 NGX, QualityWings 787, Captain Sim 757, Aerosoft Airbus Professional and FSLabs A320x)

1hxz6d.jpg