Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

[21JAN17] PMDG 747-400 Queen of the Skies II - More Release Info

Two weeks to go! Can't wait. I'm already waxing my handlebar moustache to load up Speed Bird up for those long hauls from Heathrow and Hong Kong. 

I'd decided that I wasn't going to jump first off, but Capt Randazzo's adverts look like they might do the trick again. 

So sad to see the retirement of my 747-400/8i stable! We've had some great flights but I surely won't fly them again - Will I?.  Do PMDG have some desert boneyard we can fly them to - for scrap value?  

Bernard Walford

Do PMDG have some desert boneyard we can fly them to - for scrap value?  

In the real world, most of them are at KMZJ, KVCV, and KMHV in the States (at least for storage). There are several more fields where they process the aircraft as scrap (KTUP, KROW, and KSFB to name a few).

Kyle Rodgers

I was hesitating to spend my monthly P3D "allowance" of my January salary on a recently released short/medium haul airliner until I heard the announcement from Capt. Randazzo about the approaching release date. And now I am no longer hesitating: purchase of the short/medium haul airliner is going to be delayed until (at least) next month in favor of a bigger bird!

Can't wait to criss-cross the virtual world hauling cargo! I never owned the previous version of the PMDG 747 so it will be all new to me and I am very excited to go through the learning process of yet another super detailed simulation, although I don't think it is going to be a terribly difficult learning curve after thousands of hours behind the controls of the NGX and the T7. 

My first flight will surely be a relatively short flight compared to what the Queen is capable of, employing G-CLAA of CargoLogicAir from Moscow to London Heathrow as CLU693.

Man, this will be a long two weeks! 

Cheers,
Zsolt Monostori

1hxz6d.png
kityatyi

I7 6700K 4.6 GHz, MSI Geforce GTX 1070 8GB GDDR5

16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 2666 MHz RAM, 750GB SSD, 1TB HDD

The initial release is comprehensive and I bet that the level of details as well as airframe and engine combinations will make this new simulator to be one of the most important simulators for a very long time.

I assume that the 747-400ER (one engine option) will come with GE-engines as Qantas is the only operator of the passenger version with GE-engines. I know that Boeing has modelled both the PW and GE engine types and launched it with both (ref. Boeing's web site) so I was wondering if you would be able to eventually release a 747-400ER (pax version) with PW-engines (despite that combination never has flown)?

I do not know if relevant performance data is available to you but should you be able to model a PW 744ER eventually it would be really appreciated and I hope that you would consider to include it in such a case.

Please do not see this as ungrateful to what you are planning to release (which you without a doubt have spent tons of hours on) as it is GREAT, but as an information that should you eventually be able to release such a 744ER-PW combination also then that would be really appreciated.

Kind regards,

Søren Geertsen

Søren Geertsen

Please do not see this as ungrateful to what you are planning to release (which you without a doubt have spent tons of hours on) as it is GREAT, but as an information that should you eventually be able to release such a 744ER-PW combination also then that would be really appreciated.

The 744ERF is available in either GE or PW and uses the PW4062, a slightly more powerful version than the -400.

Dan Downs KCRP

Yes, I am aware of that but as the 744F and 744 do fly slightly differently it would be interesting to try the 744ER-PW combination if that could be possible (eventually). 

Søren Geertsen

Søren Geertsen

Great news. Hopefully, there will be instructions on doing a Posky merge as well. ;)

I'm not sure if it's even physically possible to do since as far as I'm aware, there was no FSX model for the Project Opensky 747-400s.

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

Air Kevin 124 heavy, wind calm, runway 4 left, cleared for take-off.

Live streams of my flights here.

Great news. Hopefully, there will be instructions on doing a Posky merge as well. ;)

1. No.

2. Also no.

3. Why?

• Upvote 4

Kyle Rodgers

3. Why?
I am hoping he is trolling. Merging a top of the line payware airplane with a first class exterior model, with a freeware plane that was "Really cool in 2002...")
  • Upvote 1

I am hoping he is trolling. Merging a top of the line payware airplane with a first class exterior model, with a freeware plane that was "Really cool in 2002...")

My guess is he was joking, because of the ;) Like Kyle said, why in the world would you want to substitute the PMDG model.

I hope he was joking anyway

I never owned the previous version of the PMDG 747

What???   Where have you been all these years  :P ?   Seriously though, forget the 777 and the NGX - what you are about to experience flying the 744 is like nothing else, and what I have seen from the subtle little things PMDG included in the flight model, the feel of this majestic bird has been captured in breathtaking style, the way only PMDG can do it...

Also looking forward to the release.   I already warned my boss and the family that I will disappear to an undisclosed location for a yet to be determined amount of time.

Regards

• Upvote 1

I already warned my boss and the family that I will disappear to an undisclosed location for a yet to be determined amount of time.
Ha ha same... we have two long weekends coming up in the next two weeks here and I have taken an additional couple of days off for the second one for other reasons, which may just get "postponed" due to the release of the 747...

Will any manuals/tutorial scripts be made available before release for pre-reading ?