Sign in to follow this  
G-YMML1

Back from the dead

Amazing...I was pretty confident that they went belly up many years ago, but they still alive and...they're developing. Just wondering if someone still buying their stuff.

http://www.arianedesign.com/

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Still deluded after all these years, they now claim to have pioneered the worlds first VSD display.

Obviously they never checked out the NGX and prosim.

Very sad.

Wow, It's called false advertising.

Ariane Pioneers VSD System

VSD%20DIsplays.jpg

The world's first, Vertical Situation Display (VSD) System has been developed. 

Still deluded after all these years, they now claim to have pioneered the worlds first VSD display.

Obviously they never checked out the NGX and prosim.

Very sad.

They also apparently never checked out the Avsim review of the Ariane Boeing 737-900ER NG I did years ago, where I mentioned how you could put a VSD in their 737-900ER NG (or any other FS aeroplane for that matter) by simply adding the DBS Profile Radar panel to it:

http://www.dbsim.com/

And that's a product which has been around for literally years, so long in fact that it works in FS2004.

They have either never heard of PMDG or iFly or they are completely oblivious to the fact that nobody could possibly be interested in anything they have on offer.

• Upvote 1

Sent them an email suggesting they withdraw their claims regarding pioneering a VSD based on the fact that the majority of folks in the Sim world know this to be blatantly untrue and false advertising.

Their reply LOL

Sir,

With respect be very careful with what you THINK we should and should not do.

Thank you.

Rich,
Support

With respect be very careful with what you THINK we should and should not do.

Woah.

Surely this is a joke right?

If not - "be very careful with what you THINK we should and should not do"

What gets me is that on their "About" page they have testimonials down the left side of the page yet there are no links.  And why would "CFM" be happy to be associated with them?  I hardly ever make comments about any developer but I make an allowance for this outfit.  They are a total farce from beginning to end.

Surely this is a joke right?

If not - "be very careful with what you THINK we should and should not do"

The owner Peter Tishma has a long history of threatening lawsuits against anyone who crossed him in any way.  At one point he claimed that he owned the copyright to the American Airlines logo (not sure if it was for simulation purposes only) and threatened anyone including developers with litigation if they did not cease and desist.  You can do a search for him here at AVSIM, he's had quite a colorful past.

Wow, who are these clowns!?

That's a long story bro.

Just search for "Peter Tishma".

Whenever the topic of Tishma and/or Ariane comes up, I reflexively offer these three pearls of wisdom:

1.  Caveat Emptor

2.  There's one born every minute

3.  Those who do not remember history are doomed to repeat it.

Nothing, apparently, has changed in all these years.

Regards

That's a long story bro.

Just search for "Peter Tishma".

I do remember Ariane somewhere in the back of my head and not in a good way. Will check it out but mostly I'm surprised if/when someone thinks a whole community forgot what happened in the past.