Sign in to follow this  
warbirds

Anyone have the 1080ti yet?

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

I think i may upgrade from the 1080 to the ti in some weeks (when the EVGA FTW3 is available).

The 1080 struggles with some games in 4K and when I sell the 1080 the upgrade costs will not be that much.... Let's see.

7 hours ago, swiesma said:

I think i may upgrade from the 1080 to the ti in some weeks (when the EVGA FTW3 is available).

The 1080 struggles with some games in 4K and when I sell the 1080 the upgrade costs will not be that much.... Let's see.

Thats the card I am waiting for as well. What do you think the cost will be? $699 like the launch cards, or more?

17 hours ago, Angelo Cosma said:

Thats the card I am waiting for as well. What do you think the cost will be? $699 like the launch cards, or more?

http://www.evga.com/products/productlist.aspx?type=0&family=GeForce+10+Series+Family&chipset=GTX+1080+Ti

Nick Hatchel

"Sometimes, flying feels too godlike to be attained by man. Sometimes, the world from above seems too beautiful, too wonderful, too distant for human eyes to see …"
Charles A. Lindbergh, 1953

System: Custom Watercooled--Intel i7-8700k OC: 5.0 Ghz--Gigabyte Z370 Gaming 7--EVGA GTX 1080ti Founders Edition--16GB TridentZ RGB DDR4--240GB SSD--460GB SSD--1TB WD Blue HDD--Windows 10--55" Sony XBR55900E TV--GoFlight VantEdge Yoke--MFG Crosswind Pedals--FSXThrottle Quattro Throttle Quadrant--Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS--TrackIR 5--VRInsight MCPii Boeing

1 hour ago, swiesma said:

I just preordered the EVGA SC Black Edition for 790€.

The much higher price for the FTW3 wasn't worth it in my eyes.

http://de.evga.com/products/product.aspx?pn=11G-P4-6393-KR

What's that, about 680 of my English quid. Any way you look at it, its a lot of dosh. Graphics cards are getting more and more expensive. 

I remember when buying a top end card was around $600 back in 2008 or so. Now it's $1000 for the GTX 1080 Ti where I live.

Been thinking about building a new system with the 1080 Ti. My GTX 950 that I replaced my dead GTX 670 isn't cutting it anymore. Games like Mass Effect Andromeda are tearing it apart (barely meets the minimum settings for both CPU and GPU).

Regarding the third party card I posted, following up we already have one review from an apparent simmer on Neweggs customer page. Take it with however many grains of salt you wish. And I do wonder about his case ventilation.

Anyway, here is the review: https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814137111&Tpk=gtx 1080 ti&ignorebbr=1

Pros: Appears fast really fast and it does not appear to be a reference board with a different cooler.

Cons: When flying X plane 11 this card runs with fans at maximum 100% temperature hovers between 81 and 85 way too hot! At these temperatures I don't think this card will not hold up. My previous Asus 1080 Strix addition including overclocking ran at a cool maximum of 73°, I am really disappointed!

Other Thoughts: The only suggestion I would make is to hold off for a different card with better cooling. After contacting MSI, I was told that this graphics card comes with a three-year warranty from the manufacturer as long as you retain the original cooler and it is normal according to their specifications to run up to 90°. I have contacted this company several times regarding problems with their website and am unable to register the card. I have never dealt with a company as evasive and uncooperative as MSI. Needless to say this is the last product I will ever purchase from them.

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

Interesting what is said about MSI and their customer support and users forums because my experience is exactly the other way around - I've been extremely happy with MSI and won't go near Asus products again due to their substandard and arrogant support organization.

Sorry for derailing...back on topic...:smile:

Richard Åsberg

I am still hoping to find  a report from someone that went from a 1080 to a 1080Ti using it with P3D or X11. This is what I will base my buying decision on. 

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

I said it before and I will say it again, EVGA is the way to go! I will ONLY buy cards from them. They have one of the best customer relations experience I have found anywhere. That in conjunction with their step-up program and cross shipping cards they cant be beat. 

• Upvote 1

18 hours ago, Angelo Cosma said:

I said it before and I will say it again, EVGA is the way to go! I will ONLY buy cards from them. They have one of the best customer relations experience I have found anywhere. That in conjunction with their step-up program and cross shipping cards they cant be beat. 

My Step-Up was just approved. Ill drop my card in the email tomorrow.

Nick Hatchel

"Sometimes, flying feels too godlike to be attained by man. Sometimes, the world from above seems too beautiful, too wonderful, too distant for human eyes to see …"
Charles A. Lindbergh, 1953

System: Custom Watercooled--Intel i7-8700k OC: 5.0 Ghz--Gigabyte Z370 Gaming 7--EVGA GTX 1080ti Founders Edition--16GB TridentZ RGB DDR4--240GB SSD--460GB SSD--1TB WD Blue HDD--Windows 10--55" Sony XBR55900E TV--GoFlight VantEdge Yoke--MFG Crosswind Pedals--FSXThrottle Quattro Throttle Quadrant--Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS--TrackIR 5--VRInsight MCPii Boeing

On 3/25/2017 at 8:32 PM, evaamo said:

Yes P3D here. But did also try FSX and it did show an improvement. 

Bear in mind I upgraded from a GTX 780. In your case you have a 1060, maybe the difference you will obtain isn't as dramatic as the one I'm witnessing in my system.

Hi,
I just upgraded from 1060 to 1080. Performance pretty much the same but there isn't any cloud around to test. However I am using an ancient 19inch widescreen monitor (while waiting for 24inch). The thing that I notice is probably the smoothness when loading texture, less stutter now (or, just because I installed a more expensive one makes me think it is smoother :tongue: )
With the price $440 (while 1080Ti now is around $750-800), I think it is a great deal and reasonable price.

Hoang Le

i5 13500 - eVGA RTX 3070 Ti - 32GB RAM

P3D v5

Devons rig