Sign in to follow this  
Chock

Oxygen mask on...

So, started feeling a bit ill on Wednesday last week, coughing and in quite a bit of pain. Numerous people tell me "I look like sh**" and offer to call me an ambulance, but I refuse saying "it'll be okay."

Today I get admitted to intensive care after I pop over to the hospital across from my house where they discover I have a collapsed lung, pnuemonia, bladder infection, and all kinds of other stuff. They are currently doing all kinds of blood, urine, swab etc tests lol.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

All The Very Best, Al, and a speedy recovery. Stepping Hill?

Cheers. Yup, good old Step in ill, wheeled out dead lol

• Upvote 1

Wow!  Sounds like you are like me.  Waits until the last moment to see the doctor when things are really hurting.  What do friends and family know?  I've had pneumonia and that's no fun but haven't experienced the collapsed lung (yet). 

Get_Well_Puppy.gif

Jim

1 hour ago, Chock said:

Cheers. Yup, good old Step in ill, wheeled out dead lol

Well, at least your Mancunian humour is very much alive and kickin' !:biggrin:

Wish you a very speedy recovery, Chock (Alan). Your illnesses are nothing to mess around with.

I've never had either but the flu or an upper res. infection makes one miserable enough. Knock on wood, I haven't had any of them for a few years and hope my luck holds out.

Looking forward to your healthy return.

I echo the above sentiments Al. Lung issues are no fun - hoping for a speedy and full recovery.

In the FWIW department, I've been running on 1 1/2 lungs since 1988 and I'm still kicking.

Vic

Guys don't do sick very well, hope you recover soon but the ole Pneumonia is a stubborn one

Cheers

Wow, get well soon Alan, good you went to the hospital when you did. Now if they can only get you a laptop with a joystick, update us how you are doing,all the best...

See, guys are always told to suck it up, so we tend to wait till we are about to keel over before we go to the hospital (even when we know we've been sick before)

Hope you come through with flying colors, and listen to those other people you mentioned pronto, next time.

Thanks all. Don't worry, it'll take more than this to keep me down for long. :bengong:

Bet you I'm out by Friday. In the meantime, free morphine lol

Drug-fuelled hallucinations get very high FPS, hahahaha. But better yet, the oxygen mask fitting looks compatible with the cylinder in an aeroplane, so I might have to snaffle it. :-)

• Upvote 2