Heimi

Graphics

Recommended Posts

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

2017 and still very much the same old same old. I certainly hope they worked on improving the performance of the sim as whole because on the face of it, it doesn't look any different than what we have already, including the flat runways which was a popular feature request. Lets hope they got rid of the texture popping at least.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The terrain in those shots is a bit unimpressive.  But, my copy will be free, so I'm happy to check it out.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like what I see:

- I like the scenery

- I like the colours

- I like the Weather visuals

- I like the aircraft inside and out...

Probably my problem only ? But I really like it .

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Its been over 10 years, but DTG SOMEHOW manages to take us right back to square 1.

You lot really know how to work that simulator magic don't you?

 

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Chock said:

Looks pretty good to me. :cool:

Specially considering they are the default textures.

   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lighting doesn't look too bad, there's some atmospheric scattering going on too.  Would like too see some god rays and other modern effects implemented.  Unfortunately the scenery in the distance still looks blurry, something that xplane has been able to do much better for years.  It would be a shame if they still use the old way of fsx loading scenery textures.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

New preview image! (ignore the writing on the lower left)

KtZldAn.jpg

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Need to see more screenshots, but solely based on those viewed so far, FSW will need ORBX Vector and OLC for starters. I sincerely hope that ORBX will be supporting FSW after early access, and not just be providing Global textures for the FSW base.

 

Speaking of screenshots, it's been a week since the announcement, and my understanding is FSW is set for release on the 18th. I hope that more shots and perhaps a video or two are coming soon from DTG...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Pilot53 said:

Lighting doesn't look too bad, there's some atmospheric scattering going on too.  Would like too see some god rays and other modern effects implemented.  Unfortunately the scenery in the distance still looks blurry, something that xplane has been able to do much better for years.  It would be a shame if they still use the old way of fsx loading scenery textures.

Hmmmm, I haven't had XP for very long but the scenery was the main disappointment for me in Xplane 11.  The scenery in the distance was always fogged out and misty and the up close scenery looked to have very flat contrast and appeared cartoony ( that was with sliders all the way to the right ).  The default planes were extremely well done and the sim performed smoothly but IMO FSX with orbyx produces way better scenery.  I know lots of people in forums and in youtube comments were lavishing praise upon XP11 scenery but that wasn't my experience :blink:.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, philphy42 said:

Hmmmm, I haven't had XP for very long but the scenery was the main disappointment for me in Xplane 11.  The scenery in the distance was always fogged out and misty and the up close scenery looked to have very flat contrast and appeared cartoony ( that was with sliders all the way to the right ).  The default planes were extremely well done and the sim performed smoothly but IMO FSX with orbyx produces way better scenery.  I know lots of people in forums and in youtube comments were lavishing praise upon XP11 scenery but that wasn't my experience :blink:.

Not trying to get into a platform fight here, but since the topic has been brought up... :happy:

Here's a link to a YouTube clip of a very low-level flight over Innsbruck in XP11 for comparison. This is default OSM-generated scenery, on top of user-generated orthophoto base. I think it's also using Reshade to adjust the fog. All of this is free, no payware here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iX4Nya-5JYo

Here's what payware scenery looks like. Notice the individual light sources, a default feature for all scenery:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=04m0afItKsM&t=194s

---

My expectations based on what I've seen so far of screenshots of FSW and that brief intro video, is that they probably haven't figured out how to deal with blurred terrain in the distance. But that won't matter to everyone. The one thing I hope they're able to work on is pop-in, because that does break immersion.

I'm going to buy the Early Access when it's released. What I've seen so far won't wean me from XP11 as my main flight sim, but it would be nice to fly in a few areas with seasonal changes, and I'm curious about how it looks and flies in heavy weather. That's not exactly a strong point in X-Plane.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mind not blown yet. Happy with FSX:SE and thankful to DTG for giving me a version that works on my Windows 7 craptop (was one of the unlucky one's who's boxed Gold Accel wouldn't install and run).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, Murmur said:

New preview image! (ignore the writing on the lower left)

KtZldAn.jpg

It is standard these days !   and will be for another 30 years.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Paraffin said:

Not trying to get into a platform fight here, but since the topic has been brought up... :happy:

I hereby declare that the various flightsim "platforms" shall from now on be referred to a "soap boxes".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now