Sign in to follow this  
chapstick

Level-D announces 757 for Prepar3d

what?!?!?! a 757????  wait a minute........LEVEL-D ?????? no waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay 

David

• Upvote 1

In real life, one of my favorite planes to avoid at all costs. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

LVLD is a legend in flightsim community, this VC quality is even unable to compare the quality in their previews 10 years ago before Daryl said the 757 was canceled. I don't really believe this is "80% finished", I still hope they can nail it in the rest 20%.

• Upvote 1

Gordon Harvey

P3D, XP11, Flightgear.

WOW lol.  I remember buying the 767 (one of my first add on planes) back in around 2005 or 2006, then they announced the 757.. that was 11 years ago.

Hard to compete now when there are great developers such as PMDG around.  I don't like the fact LDS went completely silent, and even deleted posts about the 757.  After so many years I think most of the flight sim community have moved away from this sort of nonsense.

Honestly, I would prefer to see a new 767 for P3D, but I do remember a hint that we may be getting a new 767 and 757.

Time will tell.

I have to say I am disappointed by the community's reaction. It's like we don't want them to release it!

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, Hansaspeed said:

I have to say I am disappointed by the community's reaction. It's like we don't want them to release it!

To a certain degree I agree with you.

But looking at it in another way, the pics they've published look (at least) 10 years old. Hardly up to the standards of modern high-quality airplanes. I kinda feel we (or I) have expected a lot more from Level-D. Their status in the community is both legendary and infamous. Also - and this is my honest opinion - they're a bit late to the party. The Boeing 757 is outdated and de-commissioned in many parts of the airline world (apart from cargo hauls, perhaps?). 
That being said it's a legendary aircraft which certainly deserves a high quality version, if you ask me... which is probably also why I will purchase this one from Level-D when (and if?) it's released.

Wondering if they release this, because they've run out of money from the sales of the 767? :biggrin:
Okay, that was a bit cynical, but why else suddenly surface after SO long (without a word, that is)... all were pretty surprised, when they suddenly made their 767 P3D compatible... 

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

22 minutes ago, Hansaspeed said:

I would say an air of indifference. 10 years or more in the making? - initial shots appear not to be very in keeping with today's standards (although that may change) - any questions over that time hosed down by an aggressive support member/moderator. If you want a 757, go for it and enjoy. I think I'll be passing on it, lots of other good stuff around to occupy my time.

David Porrett

To everyone complaining about how the product will be obsolete on release, what else were you expecting? I think the community has had a pretty good idea that 757 development has been at more or less of a standstill these past 10 years. I am just happy they have something to show! Of course, my happiness will depend a lot on if they price it appropriately for what it is: A product that would have been mind blowing 10 years ago.

• Upvote 1

I care about every button and switch be modelled in 3d and I can program the fmc in the virtual cockpit. Also having a freighter variant. Any textures can be upgraded by other third party artists.

• Upvote 1

Exciting news. Might be a little premature to judge the graphics quality from a cellphone screenshot on a monitor. Doesnt exactly look official from flight1 or level D. Why not post a proper screenshot. It is after all flightsim conference. Seems more like someone got a hold of a leaked image from a few years back from that pic. Even the level D forum doesnt have anything official other than a discussion thread from said pictures. Doesnt that seem odd?

CYVR LSZH 

http://f9ixu0-2.png

If this is true than I am afraid that it uses outdated code.

And the cockpit it will look outdated.

André .... ??

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

Well, better something then nothing. I can live with yesterdays graphics if the system simulation is properly done and it flies as we might expect from a 757, being that it is supported in the latest version of Prepared. 

We have seen what a particular creator who once made a 757 does when they start a new project. They just show the finger to their customers and say "sorry, no time but thanks for the money". Based on that experience twice I'm not sure I'll be buying their new product as I know what to expect in 2 or 3 years.

So I welcome Level D back to the scene and wish them well and a good release....

• Upvote 2

Maarten Otto

19.jpg

LOL @ the comment about the gear handle being in the "UP" position when the aircraft is on the ground :smile:

• Upvote 1

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png