virtuali

Flytampa, Flightbeam, FSDT and 29Palms future products to be P3D4 only

59 posts in this topic

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

A good decision!

The move into the future of flightsim, especially for us end users where we will need to leave behind beloved add-ons, will definitely not be a walk in the park; but letting behind the mountains of pains with the 32bit platform is worth every effort.

Good luck and keep up the great work on your add-ons!

Frank

Super! Great you are taking this step together, I am sure that others will follow.

That is exactly what I wanted to read!

Despite sticking with P3D v3 for the moment, I completely agree with this decision.

Great news.  The only way forward is forward.

Great job! I look forward to continuing to purchase your products for years to come!

This is the only decision that makes any sense.  With both xplane and p3d as 64 bit platforms, there is absolutely no reason to use the 32-bit platforms any more.  FSX you provided me with countless hours of entertainment, you did your job well, so long old stalwart.  P3Dv3, you were a great improvement over FSX - you signalled the death of FSX for me, but 32-bit limitations bruh!!

I currently have both V3 and V4 installed but honestly, I as more and more products get released for V4, V3 will be relegated to history.

Aaron

-oOo-

I can see where you guys are coming from, so you guys do what you have to do. Unfortunately, I won't be shifting over to P3D V4 anytime soon, as having been on the PMDG forums, it would appear as though there are issues with their Boeing 747-400 that still remain unresolved at the present time, and I will definitely need to get a new computer to run it. With the very limited time I have available to fly, I don't want to be spending it trying to troubleshoot things. Once I am satisfied that the issues have been resolved, I will then consider getting said computer to run P3D V4.

Wholeheartedly agree and applaud the decision. Time to move into a new era of flight simming. Means shedding the old. 

At long last we're breaking up with legacy code and all the nonsense that has been dragging for years.

Well done, applause!

Makes sense.  Best wishes.  I also look forward to more clarifications, maybe sticky posts, listing which of your products have been updated and compiled with the 64-bit P3Dv4 SDK, versus just having updated installers.  

Awesome!  Now if only in that meeting you could convince the flytampa guys to offer a sale every now and then... :P

Thank you so much for this.... best step in flightsim history probably. 

Of course this subject is not an easy one, flightsim is a VERY expensive hobby if one want to max it out or even on a medium range. So its very understandable that people search for ways to make "old" customers pleased. But it doesnt work anymore. We have the year 2017 and the tech world is moving very fast. Just have a look at what other game (yeah i know... game is not flightsim) engines can do and one can only shake the head when looking at the old SDKs of fsx/p3d.
Sure, at the time they were there it was nice. But like said, we have 2017 now and if the fsx side of flightsim dont want to look at other products overtake them they have to do something.

And with all the hassle people had from old airports its about time to make this move. Again, thank you.... and i say that as someone with little money.

PS: but i also think that now you devs really have to deliver too... waiting for over a month now for some fixes that are done in 25 mins is not really a good thing too....

2 hours ago, Captain Kevin said:

, and I will definitely need to get a new computer to run it.

That souds surprising, because on my medium rig (i5 7400 with a geforce 1060 and 16 GB Ram) v4 acutally runs noticably smoother as v3. Same planes, same airports and even added visual settings. Until now this is what i thought is that others experienced too, from "listening" into the discussions in the community. Maybe i just understand wrong what you meant, sorry :-)

Very cool to see them do this together. This will help drive resources towards developing for one platform rather than continuing the process of fragmented development.