JYW

The best addon I have ever purchased

Recommended Posts

.......is.....

XPRealistic Pro !

Man, for $19.95 this thing is insane!  The quality of the audio files and the quality by which the effects are rendered is just staggering.  This makes any aircraft absolutely breath with life and feel so much more real.    Camera movement effects, flight dynamics effects, hundreds of amazing sounds for touchdown, gear, flap and spoiler drag, engine starting / stopping vibrations and movements, just stunning rain sound effects.   ..... the list goes on.

Has a brilliant easy interface within the sim, and uses customizable profiles for each of your aircraft (as well as providing some templates), which it remembers and loads automatically for each aircraft.

I can honestly say that in about 13 years of simming, this is the most satisfying $19.95 I've ever spent on an add-on - on any platform!

  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

So its not the overall best, just the best at $19.95.  I don't have X-Plane but I can relate when you get little extra sounds in some addons....taxi creaking etc....it really adds something to the sim.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I agree, Realistic Pro  is one of the best addon along with x-camera. I have been using these addons from the beginning. The developers are very dedicated to there work and always continue to make updates.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Agree, can't do without it now - so please make a P3D version as well.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, MarkW said:

So its not the overall best, just the best at $19.95.  I don't have X-Plane but I can relate when you get little extra sounds in some addons....taxi creaking etc....it really adds something to the sim.

For me, it's the best addon I've ever bought per se.  The fact that it is only $19.95 is just a side bonus!   And honestly, it's so much more than some extra sounds (eg like Accusim), it's a full suite of fully dynamic, crystal clear HD sounds and the movement effects to go with them.   I've honestly not seen anything like it in any sim.   I cannot overstate just how much of a gamechanger this addon is.    Just cut the engine in the C210 and the effects were awe-inspiring.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I do agree. My only complaint is the dependency on X-Camera, which I find to be a very frustrating addon in many ways. Very convoluted interface, has many obnoxious features (like removing the ability to move the camera with the right mouse button all of a sudden), becomes a right boxing match if you also use AFL's 172 which has its own set of custom cameras. Because of that, I had to uninstall it for a while. I just can't deal with X-Camera. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Sethos1988 said:

I do agree. My only complaint is the dependency on X-Camera, which I find to be a very frustrating addon in many ways. Very convoluted interface, has many obnoxious features (like removing the ability to move the camera with the right mouse button all of a sudden), becomes a right boxing match if you also use AFL's 172 which has its own set of custom cameras. Because of that, I had to uninstall it for a while. I just can't deal with X-Camera. 

Disagree. X-camera is fantastic! And free.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Sethos1988 said:

I do agree. My only complaint is the dependency on X-Camera, which I find to be a very frustrating addon in many ways. Very convoluted interface, has many obnoxious features (like removing the ability to move the camera with the right mouse button all of a sudden), becomes a right boxing match if you also use AFL's 172 which has its own set of custom cameras. Because of that, I had to uninstall it for a while. I just can't deal with X-Camera. 

I don't use X-Camera. XP Realistic Pro works fine without it. You just uncheck the box in XP Realistic Pro for using X-Camera.

In my opinion, XP11 built in views and use of the numpad easy to-do settings individually for each aircraft (10 views!) is more than enough for my demands. And I use the mouse right-click hold all the time together with the wheel zoom. Double-click right mouse and you can pan all around you and zoom with the wheel simultaneously. Very quick and handy.

Regards,

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, janbergwall01 said:

I don't use X-Camera. XP Realistic Pro works fine without it. You just uncheck the box in XP Realistic Pro for using X-Camera.

In my opinion, XP11 built in views and use of the numpad easy to-do settings individually for each aircraft (10 views!) is more than enough for my demands. And I use the mouse right-click hold all the time together with the wheel zoom. Double-click right mouse and you can pan all around you and zoom with the wheel simultaneously. Very quick and handy.

Regards,

Ah I see. Just thought XP Realistic Pro worked best with X-Camera but it's still just as good without it? That would be a heavenly relief :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Sethos1988 said:

Ah I see. Just thought XP Realistic Pro worked best with X-Camera but it's still just as good without it? That would be a heavenly relief :)

Yes, XPRealistic Pro works fine with or without X-Camera.    X-Camera does have a 'busy' interface but you can just dip into the features that you want or need.  Eg.  I just use it for better TrackIR performance.   So with each aircraft, I just initially go into X-Camera, tick the box for TrackIR and the box for Headshake, save it and I'm done.    I've never really tried all of the views settings and other toys yet.   I just love it for controlling TrackIR (smoother and more precise than XP11's own TrackIR driver) and for managing Headshake (andother brilliant, free, addon from Simcoders).  :gaul:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/5/2017 at 7:28 PM, jbrett2634 said:

I agree and it would be awesome to have something like this in P3D. 

Got an email stating it's happening. A2A Accufeel is also coming soon. Let's see which one gets here first.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is there a "whole lotta shaken' goin' on" ?  when the cockpit is moving every which way doesn't that make it more difficult to point and keep your cursor on clickable areas?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, bk2000 said:

Is there a "whole lotta shaken' goin' on" ?  when the cockpit is moving every which way doesn't that make it more difficult to point and keep your cursor on clickable areas?

As in real life, it's harder to hit buttons in severe turbulence ;). No really, the "anticipation" movements take some time to get used to, but that's about it. Many of the movements are rather subtle and won't keep you from operating the controls with a mouse. This plug-in is HIGHLY recommended for any X-Plane pilot!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, exodus1977 said:

does anyone use this with the IXEG 737? Would it add anything to that?

I can't speak for the IXEG but it adds a lot when using the ZIBO (incl. FMOD sound). You can customize it to each plane so you won't get double sounds (for example flaps operation). As far as the head movements go (anticipation, ground effects, turbulence ect.), I don't think the IXEG has any of that, so I'd say the plug-in is also a must when using the IXEG.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, bk2000 said:

Is there a "whole lotta shaken' goin' on" ?  when the cockpit is moving every which way doesn't that make it more difficult to point and keep your cursor on clickable areas?

Every imagineable parameter is adjustable for movement, shaking and volume.   And adjustments made are saved and remembered automatically for each aircraft.

I'm no 'disser' of A2A and own and love everything (GA) they've made but honestly, this one is in a different league to Accu-feel;  in features and how the effects are rendered in-sim.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, richie894 said:

Does XPRealistic offer much to jet airliners, or is geared more towards GA/ prop?

As much to airliners as GA.   There are sound and movement effect presets for both.  Personally I use it more on airliners than on GA.   For example, if you're in the "touchdown effect" preset list, there are tiny 'screech' sounds as you'd get from a C152 and huge great 'slamdown' sounds for when you put a 747 down at -300FPM.  :biggrin:  .....again the shaking effects are adjusted to suit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have had this a couple of weeks. I like the plug-in, I do not like the lua dependency. So much so I have had to disable XPRealistic for now. I found that almost all of my other scripts conflict with it and it does not work unless I remove them. I have some great scripts to make my sim look and work better - i.e. like reducing the haze. Shame, I hope in the future I can use it again. Not playing nice with other scripts is a deal-breaker for me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, richie894 said:

I have had this a couple of weeks. I like the plug-in, I do not like the lua dependency. So much so I have had to disable XPRealistic for now. I found that almost all of my other scripts conflict with it and it does not work unless I remove them. I have some great scripts to make my sim look and work better - i.e. like reducing the haze. Shame, I hope in the future I can use it again. Not playing nice with other scripts is a deal-breaker for me.

Lua scripts that contain graphics-enhancing dataref tweaks should cause no problems with XPRealistic at all. Non of my Lua scripts ever interfered with the add-on. Are you sure you got your things straight?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, richie894 said:

I have had this a couple of weeks. I like the plug-in, I do not like the lua dependency. So much so I have had to disable XPRealistic for now. I found that almost all of my other scripts conflict with it and it does not work unless I remove them. I have some great scripts to make my sim look and work better - i.e. like reducing the haze. Shame, I hope in the future I can use it again. Not playing nice with other scripts is a deal-breaker for me.

I have it, along with a haze reduction script, and all are playing nice in the sand box. Just added the mouse-scroll wheel lock-out lua...and that is also playing nice with everybody.  It might be something else?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hmm, that's odd (and unfortunate) Richie. I've got  load of FlywithLUA plugins installed (around 10 at the last count) and don't have any conflicts.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/23/2017 at 10:53 AM, Colonel X said:

Lua scripts that contain graphics-enhancing dataref tweaks should cause no problems with XPRealistic at all. Non of my Lua scripts ever interfered with the add-on. Are you sure you got your things straight?

When I have certain scripts "active" and click on XPRealistic in the FlyLua macro menu nothing happens, it does not open up the UI. When the scripts are removed from the folder and I click it, the UI opens up. I don't know what else explains this other than a script conflict.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now