newtie

P3D v4.1 release?

28 posts in this topic

Hi all-

Any ideas on the time frame for release?

I'm a few versions back and should think about upgrading when this gets released.

Cheers,

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Should be soon but as usual, LM isn't talking.

Vic

Soon 

Pete (FSUIPC creator)  apparently went to vacation or just returned, so LM's release will be soon.  Based on past history, most of the  LM releases have been in sync with Pete's vacation schedule

4 hours ago, Skywolf said:

Soon 

Pete (FSUIPC creator)  apparently went to vacation or just returned, so LM's release will be soon.  Based on past history, most of the  LM releases have been in sync with Pete's vacation schedule

Certainly true!.

Cheers, Ed

1 hour ago, Dreamflight767 said:

Are there any hints about what be included in this update?

Tidbits I've gathered from some 3rd party dev forum's suggest a fix for some sort of memory bug that is in the current version. This apparently is the reason for the very slow building autogen loading issues some users are getting. Apparently the way the current version handles memory is buggered. If you research ntdll.dll CTD you will find that this is usually triggered by corrupt memory. Hopefully this will fix all of these problems. I had a w10 error which was so bad I sent the computer back and they had to wipe the system and start over. So I'm going to wait until 4.1 to reinstall everything.

6 hours ago, Skywolf said:

Soon 

Don't you all get it? Pete is LM!

I'm guessing it will be a case of uninstalling and reinstalling the one client exe file?? 

At this point in P3D development post-64-bit deployment, I would hope that we can start seeing the release of more features rather than mostly performance updates. I would love to see something like PBR, TrueSky implementation, ATC improvements, weather engine improvements, etc. 

6 hours ago, Dreamflight767 said:

Are there any hints about what be included in this update?

Believe I heard Dynamic Lights performance improvements, which is sorely needed under some anti-aliasing scenarios.