newtie

P3D v4.1 release?

Recommended Posts

Hi all-

Any ideas on the time frame for release?

I'm a few versions back and should think about upgrading when this gets released.

Cheers,

Share this post


Link to post
Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Should be soon but as usual, LM isn't talking.

Vic

Share this post


Link to post

Soon 

Pete (FSUIPC creator)  apparently went to vacation or just returned, so LM's release will be soon.  Based on past history, most of the  LM releases have been in sync with Pete's vacation schedule

  • Upvote 9

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, Skywolf said:

Soon 

Pete (FSUIPC creator)  apparently went to vacation or just returned, so LM's release will be soon.  Based on past history, most of the  LM releases have been in sync with Pete's vacation schedule

Certainly true!.

Cheers, Ed

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Dreamflight767 said:

Are there any hints about what be included in this update?

Tidbits I've gathered from some 3rd party dev forum's suggest a fix for some sort of memory bug that is in the current version. This apparently is the reason for the very slow building autogen loading issues some users are getting. Apparently the way the current version handles memory is buggered. If you research ntdll.dll CTD you will find that this is usually triggered by corrupt memory. Hopefully this will fix all of these problems. I had a w10 error which was so bad I sent the computer back and they had to wipe the system and start over. So I'm going to wait until 4.1 to reinstall everything.

 

Share this post


Link to post
6 hours ago, Skywolf said:

Soon 

Pete (FSUIPC creator)  apparently went to vacation or just returned, so LM's release will be soon.  Based on past history, most of the  LM releases have been in sync with Pete's vacation schedule

Don't you all get it? Pete is LM!

Share this post


Link to post

I'm guessing it will be a case of uninstalling and reinstalling the one client exe file?? 

 

Share this post


Link to post

At this point in P3D development post-64-bit deployment, I would hope that we can start seeing the release of more features rather than mostly performance updates. I would love to see something like PBR, TrueSky implementation, ATC improvements, weather engine improvements, etc. 

Share this post


Link to post
6 hours ago, Dreamflight767 said:

Are there any hints about what be included in this update?

Believe I heard Dynamic Lights performance improvements, which is sorely needed under some anti-aliasing scenarios. 

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, MikeT707 said:

At this point in P3D development post-64-bit deployment, I would hope that we can start seeing the release of more features rather than mostly performance updates. I would love to see something like PBR, TrueSky implementation, ATC improvements, weather engine improvements, etc. 

My guess is that LM will continue to develop P3D as a platform rather than a feature-complete package. I doubt that we will see a different cloud or weather engine in the foreseeable future. And I would personally prefer more performance improvements to existing features like autogen and lighting, that are still a bit lacking compared to other flight sims on the market. Better ATC and upgraded airport data would also be very welcome.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post

I'd like to see them sort out shimmering runways which are most noticeable at low angles. No matter what AA settings I choose I can't seem to totally get rid of them. 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post

Let them fix bugs and polish P3D to a perfect working and superstable Flightsim ( read : max performance with as less resource hungry as possible and max stability ) before adding new features...  

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, tooting said:

I'm guessing it will be a case of uninstalling and reinstalling the one client exe file?? 

 

That is the current update methodology for incremental updates.

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Matthew James de Bohun said:

I'd like to see them sort out shimmering runways which are most noticeable at low angles. No matter what AA settings I choose I can't seem to totally get rid of them. 

Agree.  The shimmering is really annoying, although I've just about become used to it. 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
13 hours ago, Jim Young said:

I heard "soon".

Be careful using the word "soon". That's PMDG's trade mark! :laugh:

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, GSalden said:

Let them fix bugs and polish P3D to a perfect working and superstable Flightsim ( read : max performance with as less resource hungry as possible and max stability ) before adding new features...  

I agree. We have new features such as dynamic lighting, but on many system the performance hit is so strong that you get a slide show. So essentially this new feature - on some systems - is not really usable. Better to improve things such as:

1. Dynamic lighting performance,

2. Late texture / autogen / shadow loading at certain angles from within the Virtual Cockpit,

3. Lacking SP1 and RTM Open_Simconnect function (SimConnect_RequestClientData),

4. Improving AA / performance ratio further (so that NI SSGS is no longer needed),

5. Getting rid off blurries when using photo scenery.

Cheers,
Chris

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
4 minutes ago, Cargostorm said:

I agree. We have new features such as dynamic lighting, but on many system the performance hit is so strong that you get a slide show. So essentially this new feature - on some systems - is not really usable. Better to improve things such as:

1. Dynamic lighting performance,

2. Late texture / autogen / shadow loading at certain angles from within the Virtual Cockpit,

3. Lacking SP1 and RTM Open_Simconnect function (SimConnect_RequestClientData),

4. Improving AA / performance ratio further (so that NI SSGS is no longer needed),

5. Getting rid off blurries when using photo scenery.

Cheers,
Chris

1 I use 4-8x SSAA at daytime and 4X MSAA + Dyn Lighting at nighttime. This compensates the load of DL

5 Totally agree . LM stated that they will look into that. At this moment using photo real scenery at LOD Ultra ( 5.5 ) looks the same as Medium ( 3.5 ) in V3.3 and earlier.

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, GSalden said:

"...polish P3D to a perfect working and superstable Flightsim..."

JAJAJAJAJAJA!!!  That's hilarious.  I think I would throttle my expectations on that one.  If they ever achieve that, they could nevermore update it forever again because they would break it and go back into the vicious cycle of fix and break.

Share this post


Link to post

Are there any hints about what be included in this update?

Compatibility with FS9 code :laugh:

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now