Jump to content

Sign in to follow this  
gatechfan_99

Prepar3D v4.1 to be released next week...

Recommended Posts

7 hours ago, bills511 said:

Isn't there an issue that some add-ons would have to be updated to work with 4.1? If so then I would wait for 4.1 rather than have to reinstall any add-ons.

Hello Bill

Yes when a new update comes along this will effect some of your Add On's,  With the Client module mostly utilities like Active sky, SODE, FSUIPC, GTN and so on will need an update. 

The content update will overwrite default files that have been previously modified by 3rd party software Texture Add On's and so on,   A content update will also update and overwrite the Auotogen files this will Only be relevant to you if You have manually modified these files yourself, if not no further action is required. 

The scenery update will overwrite all Prepar3D scenery files only.  If you have any Add On scenery that modifies default Prepar3D scenery files you will need to reinstall again,  For example Orbx Global Base.

In saying that the v4.1 Beta is flying along with loads going on in the background so you wont have to wait long to have your Add On's up and running when v4.1 is released 

  • Upvote 4

Elaine Dixon 

AVSIM Prepar3D Guide     Prepar3D® Wiki       AVSIM CTD Guide     How to post a Screenshot 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
13 minutes ago, Poppet said:

With the Client module mostly utilities like Active sky, SODE, FSUIPC, GTN and so on will need an update.

...and with that in mind, FSUIPC v5.121b already posted on Pete Dowson's downloads page is P3D V4.1 compatible.

Regards

 

  • Upvote 5

Bob Scott | AVSIM Forums Administrator | AVSIM Board of Directors

ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System: i9-10900K @ 5.2GHz on custom water loop, ASUS Maximus XII Hero, 32GB GSkill 3600MHz CAS15, eVGA 2080Ti XC Ultra, Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz, 5xSamsung SSD, eVGA 1KW PSU, 1Gbps internet

SB XFi Titanium, optical link to Yamaha RX-V467, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf spkrs, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro, PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensors, Coolermaster HAF932 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Share this post


Link to post

Ok folks...took the plunge this evening..(Fri) and paid for the Academic License and it took over two hours to download and set up.  WOW.

First impressions is that it rocks. But I have a lot of tweaking to do.  I have a fairly robust system running Win 10-64 and had great FPS with FSX, but had the annoying OOM errors.  

I'm going to play with it awhile and decide if I want to spend the extra $$ for the two PMDGs and AS2016.

John Bradley

AAL132

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, gatechfan_99 said:

But I have a lot of tweaking to do. .

 

No. Not really.  I haven’t touched my P3D.cfg once since installing it.  This is not FSX.

Glad you’re enjoying it though. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, ErichB said:

No. Not really.  I haven’t touched my P3D.cfg once since installing it.  This is not FSX.

Indeed! Would actually recommend, not touching/tweaking the P3D files. It works right out-of-box... 


Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--
____________________
Scandinavian VA

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

Share this post


Link to post
9 hours ago, Poppet said:

Hello Bill

Yes when a new update comes along this will effect some of your Add On's,  With the Client module mostly utilities like Active sky, SODE, FSUIPC, GTN and so on will need an update. 

The content update will overwrite default files that have been previously modified by 3rd party software Texture Add On's and so on,   A content update will also update and overwrite the Auotogen files this will Only be relevant to you if You have manually modified these files yourself, if not no further action is required. 

The scenery update will overwrite all Prepar3D scenery files only.  If you have any Add On scenery that modifies default Prepar3D scenery files you will need to reinstall again,  For example Orbx Global Base.

In saying that the v4.1 Beta is flying along with loads going on in the background so you wont have to wait long to have your Add On's up and running when v4.1 is released 

Hi Elaine,

One question do we need to update the client and also the content for the upcoming release? Or just the client would be enough?

What is the recommendation from LM developers?

Thanks for your time to give us extra information.

Regards 

Simbol 

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, ErichB said:

No. Not really.  I haven’t touched my P3D.cfg once since installing it.  This is not FSX.

+1

Prepar3d4 runs best if NOT tweaked!

After getting some experience, you may try one entry TEXTURE_SIZE_EXP=10 which is officially acknowledged by LM for high-end systems (>= 10 GB VRAM) only (basically) displaying sharper textures. But even this one makes very little difference and raises loading times considerably so its advantage is questionable.

All such like Himem etc. are obsolete or even detrimental. I even found the AffinityMask entry of no use on my system, HT on/or off (I have it on now).

Kind regards, Michael 

  • Upvote 1

MSFS, P3D Professional 5, AeroflyFS2, XP11; Beta tester of SimStarter, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-6700K 4.0 GHz / Asus MAXIMUS VIII RANGER / Kingston 32 GB DDR4 / Samsung SSD M.2 500 GB + Samsung SSD 1 TB + Intel SSD 500 GB + WD HD 6 TB / EVGA GTX 1080Ti 11 GB / LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440 /  XTOP/Saitek hardware panel / HP Reverb / Win 10/64

 

 

Share this post


Link to post

I'll be looking forward to seeing how much they have fixed the London lag or the Southbank Stutter that's as I call it.  I doubt it. 


 
 
 
 
v63vq9-5.png

Share this post


Link to post

Am just looking forward to 4.1 with FSL A320 PMDG NG and TDFi 717. Don't get to fly the 777 or 747 much at all. 

Roll on next week.

  • Upvote 1

David Murden MSFS2020 : P3Dv5x : DCS :

10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON  : Asus ROG Strix Z490-E : 32GB DDR4 CL14 3200MHz : RTX 3080 Corsair iCUE H150i Pro XT 360mm :

Corsair HX850i Platinum Plus : 2x 1TB Samsung EVO Plus M.2 : Phanteks Enthoo Evolo X Case : Thrustmaster : Warthog HOTAS & TPR

 

Share this post


Link to post
29 minutes ago, Nyxx said:

Am just looking forward to 4.1 with FSL A320 PMDG NG and TDFi 717. Don't get to fly the 777 or 747 much at all. 

Roll on next week.

Indeed! I really hope the FSLabs is around the corner... 

Cheers!


Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--
____________________
Scandinavian VA

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, simbol said:

Hi Elaine,

One question do we need to update the client and also the content for the upcoming release? Or just the client would be enough?

What is the recommendation from LM developers?

Thanks for your time to give us extra information.

Regards 

Simbol 

Simbol, officially a client update should be sufficient. BUT: in the past (v3 and v4 HF1) I had weird side effects with addons (ATC/GSX windows, flipped effects), which only could be solved by also updating the content.

I now update both the client and content.

  • Upvote 1

Regards,

Chris Keller

--

i7-4790K@4.3 GHz, 32GB DDR3 RAM, GTX1080TI 11GB VRAM, SSD, G-SYNC 1440p monitor

Share this post


Link to post
43 minutes ago, Anders Bermann said:

Indeed! I really hope the FSLabs is around the corner... 

Cheers!

I think it will be, As you have seen TrueGlass is coming with 4.1, FSL is at Cosford, seems everyone is gearing up for 4.1 FSUIP is even out for it. Tomorrow when LM release the "list" could meen we get to see what's coming from everyone.

I might even take some time of work end of next week to enjoy finally having v4.

Looking forward to this week coming.


David Murden MSFS2020 : P3Dv5x : DCS :

10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON  : Asus ROG Strix Z490-E : 32GB DDR4 CL14 3200MHz : RTX 3080 Corsair iCUE H150i Pro XT 360mm :

Corsair HX850i Platinum Plus : 2x 1TB Samsung EVO Plus M.2 : Phanteks Enthoo Evolo X Case : Thrustmaster : Warthog HOTAS & TPR

 

Share this post


Link to post

Indeed, David! Very much. 
Any idea of when tomorrow? :happy:


Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--
____________________
Scandinavian VA

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

Share this post


Link to post
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online


  • Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

    AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

    Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.
  • Donation Goals

    AVSIM's 2020 Fundraising Goal

    Donate to our annual general fundraising goal. This donation keeps our doors open and providing you service 24 x 7 x 365. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. We reset this goal every new year for the following year's goal.


    30%
    $7,720.00 of $25,000.00 Donate Now
×
×
  • Create New...