Tim-HH

Flight1 G500/600 released!

Recommended Posts

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Super cool, I hope we get full VC support to put this in the Realair Duke's.  I also hope this gets fitted in all the A2A birds that I have.

 

I do wonder if this could be installed in the PMDG DC-6?

Share this post


Link to post

Very interesting, especially for those of us that already own the Flight1 GTN Complete.  But for those that don't, it's an expensive purchase - according to the product page, GTN Complete is mandatory, the G500/600 won't work without it.

Share this post


Link to post
23 minutes ago, Skywolf said:

Super cool, I hope we get full VC support to put this in the Realair Duke's.  I also hope this gets fitted in all the A2A birds that I have.

I'd think this might work in the Carenado birds that have their G500...the JetProp and a couple of others.  I have seen a S550 with them and a GTN750. 

Also, Malibu Mirage

Maybe we'll see Carenado fully support these as well as the RealityXP version.

Share this post


Link to post

Flight1 web site mentions-:

The following flight sim aircraft include native support for our G500/600 when purchased seperately.

Alabeo PA31 350 Chieftain
Alabeo PA44 Seminole

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post

Now that's ethical marketing. Force you to buy the GTN 650 which you'll never use before you again pay for the G500.

Merry Christmas Flight1

Share this post


Link to post
24 minutes ago, bobgoodwin said:

Now that's ethical marketing. Force you to buy the GTN 650 which you'll never use before you again pay for the G500.

 

You actually do not have to buy the G500, you know.. :happy:

Spend your money on something else..

  • Upvote 5

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, bobgoodwin said:

Now that's ethical marketing. Force you to buy the GTN 650 which you'll never use before you again pay for the G500.

Merry Christmas Flight1

The G500/600 isn't a stand alone unit (In the real world or the sim world.), it needs the navigation/flight plan info from a GTN 650/750.  Flight1 does point that out.

>IMPORTANT!!! GTN Complete V2.04 is a mandatory requirement before purchasing/installing the G600. The G600 will NOT work without the GTN, it will not even turn on. As it is in real life!<
 

 

Bill

Edited by Bill Griffith
Add Quote
  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post

Looks promissing!. Would like to see if it turns out to be a frame killer, any experiences yet?.

Cheers, Ed

Share this post


Link to post
20 minutes ago, Bill Griffith said:

it needs the navigation/flight plan info from a GTN 650/750.

In real world does it not also work with GNS series?

Share this post


Link to post
17 minutes ago, fppilot said:

In real world does it not also work with GNS series?

Yes it does. G500 manual para 1.1.12 (in the real world - maybe not in the Flight 1 rendition)

Share this post


Link to post

So it also will work with the F1 GNS series, right?

Share this post


Link to post
29 minutes ago, fppilot said:

So it also will work with the F1 GNS series, right?

Who knows... the F1 documentation certainly does not say that..

Share this post


Link to post

I may have missed something here but I don't see the point of this addon unless the likes of Carenado, A2A etc support it like they do for for the GTNs.

Bruceb

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Bill Griffith said:

The G600 will NOT work without the GTN, it will not even turn on. As it is in real life!<

Not quite true - in real life the G600 WILL turn on, it just won't do much - you will have all sorts of red crosses, warnings etc., but it DOES turn on. Pedantic, I'm sorry, but that is a little bit of hyperbole there.

Share this post


Link to post

I have the GTN650/750 and I see the G500/600 have Synthetic Vision Technology. I know you can buy this SVT as a standalone product from Carenado and it will work with any Carenado aircraft equipped with the G1000. 

 

I wonder if Bert will do  retrofits like he did with the GTN750?:biggrin:

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Bert Pieke said:

Who knows... the F1 documentation certainly does not say that..

Watched a Garmin Youtube video today that I believe indicated the G500/600 tied into either 4/5 series GNS or 6/7 series GTN. That was the basis of my question.

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, fppilot said:

So it also will work with the F1 GNS series, right?

From the Garmin brochure -

"• Position source: Requires external SBAS/WAAS GPS, such as
GTN 650/750, GNS 480 or 430W/530W series unit."

If the Flight1 GNS (Full WAAS Approach Support to fly LPV Glideslope Approaches) series software has the proper output, then the G600 should work with them, as they are suppose to be WAAS capable units.  I have a feeling that they don't as modeled.

Bill

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, Bill Griffith said:

From the Garmin brochure -

"• Position source: Requires external SBAS/WAAS GPS, such as
GTN 650/750, GNS 480 or 430W/530W series unit."

If the Flight1 GNS (Full WAAS Approach Support to fly LPV Glideslope Approaches) series software has the proper output, then the G600 should work with them, as they are suppose to be WAAS capable units.  I have a feeling that they don't as modeled.

Bill

But if not, there are more current GNS 430/530's available that might.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
24 minutes ago, fppilot said:

But if not, there are more current GNS 430/530's available that might.

That would seem like a real possibility as long as the software companies cooperated.  That has happened, I think.  :biggrin:  That would open up the market for Flight1 if the G600 worked with those other GPS's  that folks already have.  Personally, I prefer the GTN's, mainly the 750.

Bill

Share this post


Link to post
6 hours ago, brucewtb said:

I may have missed something here but I don't see the point of this addon unless the likes of Carenado, A2A etc support it like they do for for the GTNs.

 

I think the panels will work with any plane as a pop-up, like the GTN750 does.  So far Alabeo's Chieftain and Seminole are the only supported VC's. 

Share this post


Link to post
9 hours ago, brucewtb said:

I may have missed something here but I don't see the point of this addon unless the likes of Carenado, A2A etc support it like they do for for the GTNs.

Bruceb

Alabeo are already supporting it with two models. I’m guessing more will follow. 

Share this post


Link to post

Hi Folks,

And I am anxiously awaiting a PIREP from someone who owns either of those aircraft and have this installed...

Regards,
Scott

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now