Sign in to follow this  
Guest-475

Active Sky for X-Plane might be released Q4 2018

https://fselite.net/news/hifi-provide-development-update-previews-of-activesky-for-x-plane-soon/

Damian tells us that ActiveSky for X-Plane has been high on their priority list and that the team has been working on this for quite a while. At one point they had worked for over a year before deciding they needed to scrap what they had and return to the drawing board.
The good news though, is that Hifi expect to be releasing previews of their work so far within the next month or two, and their current timeline sees a beta release planned for Q3 2018, with a final release Q4 2018.

Edited by mgeiss

Sounds interesting. A decent weather engine for X-Plane would be a nice addition. Can't wait to see, what the previews looks like, and what they have achieved for that platform...

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

This would be huge.

NAX669.png

X-Plane 11 never will be the same...

José Luís

| Flightsimulator: MSFS | Add-Ons: | PMDG Douglas DC-6 | PMDG 737-700 | Fenix A320 | Maddog X MD82| FSW CESSNA 414AW CHANCELLOR |

Competition is always good.

However i still want actual volumetric clouds (like in Il2 sturmovik) and not high quality 2d textures with some elaborate work around to make them feel a bit moe volumetric.

• Upvote 1

Chock 1.1: "The only thing that whines louder than a jet engine is a flight simmer."

Best thing that can happen to XP and still one of its weak points, hope paired with something like asca, if not we still are depending of other puglins, and theres not one in the market with decent volumetric non 2d clouds.

Edited by dmarques69

Marques

Ryzen 7 7700x@5.4Ghz | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360| RTX 4070 ti | 32GB Ram @5600MHZ| Crucial MX 200 M.2 500GB |Crucial MX200 SATA 500GB | HTC Vive | XIAOMI 43" 4k TV | Acer Predator 27" G-Sync | AOC 32" Freesync

This might finally be the one to shift me over.  

I hope Active Sky for XP does come with cloud texture replacements. While the default sim lacks a proper weather engine, this lack is already filled with the 64bit weather engine FSGRW. A combined product similar to ASP4 + ASCA in X-Plane would be great.

Regards,

Chris

--

13900K, Gigabyte Geforce RTX 4090, 32GB DDR5 RAM, Asus Rog Swift PG348Q G-SYNC 1440p monitor, Varjo Aero/Pico 4 VR

5 hours ago, coxo2436 said:

nearly 2019 how long must we wait?????????

Do you want them to release it with bugs and face a storm of complaints from customers, or would you rather wait for them to get it right so we can enjoy the product's full potential. Meanwhile, XP still works without Active Sky so I am off to enjoy that whilst I wait PATIENTLY 

• Like 2

Jason E Row

Follow me on Youtube https://www.youtube.com/user/JasonRowPhotography