Skywolf

Just for kicks - Guess When P3D 4.3 is released?

Just for kicks - Guess When P3D 4.3 is released?  

148 members have voted

1. 1. Estimated P3D 4.3 Release Date

• Friday 6/15/2018
    • Somewhere next week 6/18-6/22
    • Following Next week 6/25-29
    • Or the Day Pete Dowson takes a vacation and we all are left scrambling to get the new release of FSUIPC
    • In July

Lets do a poll for fun

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Pete, I am just using your vacation schedule for fun (don't hate me).  Love your work, it just in the past almost all releases coincided with your vacation schedule.

Posted (edited)

LM said at the end of the month in their interview. 

Edited by Wise87

Way TMFT....  😂 

2 hours ago, Wise87 said:

LM said at the end of the month in their interview. 

I think he said "before" or "by" the end of june not "at" the the end of june

It will be released when you see the post over at LM Prepar3D's website 😂

Cheers, Ed

• Like 1

Seems like we do this with every new P3D version

I say 26th of June at 6:00 PM GMT

S.

Yes, its always been Tuesdays isnot it ? So 26th is likely candidate if its June.

Regards

Prayog

I wonder what it contains. Mathijs over at Aerosoft is pretty enthusiastic about it... 

10 hours ago, Skywolf said:

Pete, I am just using your vacation schedule for fun (don't hate me).  Love your work, it just in the past almost all releases coincided with your vacation schedule.

Yes, I know, and it has turned into a bit of a rule. But, unfortunately, this year my wife and I are going away on these Steam Railway jaunts far less, as she insists that she must sort her garden out as it is getting out of hand! 😉

BTW, FSUIPC5 should always now be compatible with new releases, at least until and unless L-M makes some serious incompatible changes to SimConnect. There are no direct "hacks" into the P3D4 code. FSUIPC5 may (and does) take advantage or NEW features, but I make sure its operation is in no way dependent on those. They will either be just improved actions or more usually added facilities, lke the recent Mouse Macro implementation.

The changes from P3D4.0 to 4.1 were an exception to that rule -- one I regret but by the time I'd realised that a whole range of improvments I'd implemented were not now 4.0 compatible, it was too late to go back.

Anyway, what I am really saying is that unless I give an advanced warning (as advanced as I can) there is now never a need for a "scramble" for an new FSUIPC5 release. 😉

Pete

• Like 8
  • Upvote 1

Well there we have it! The fact that Pete is NOT taking a vacation this year means the release will be June 2019..!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

26 minutes ago, Peter Webber said:

release will be June 2019..

🤣

28 minutes ago, Peter Webber said:

The fact that Pete is NOT taking a vacation this year

Actually, I said LESS not NONE! ;-). Away for 10 days in July.

Pete

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Pete Dowson said:

Actually, I said LESS not NONE! ;-). Away for 10 days in July.

Pete

Shouldn't that be fewer? :biggrin:

Posted (edited)
32 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Shouldn't that be fewer?

No. My holidays are always countable - as per Wiki sources, original English usage 😉

Pete

Edited by Pete Dowson

Pete,

I know your happier than me about variations in our language but this is one that I feel has fairly strict rules about. But I don't want to labour the point. It was said partly in jest. I shall listen and watch for which word is used in relation to 'countable nouns' on and in our media. :wink:

10 hours ago, Avidean said:

I think he said "before" or "by" the end of june not "at" the the end of june

“At” is just a ball park estimate. I did not say LAST day. Do you really need to break down my reply. I’m sure the community knew what I meant plus many have seen the interview.

A day or two before the Aerosoft Airbus A318/319 release thus setting them back a few weeks.  lol.

52 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

I know your happier than me about variations in our language but this is one that I feel has fairly strict rules about.

*you're*

:uwe_melk_sblh:

• Like 2

I recently did a complete windows reinstallation...hence I need the release to happen soon.  All my addons are sitting on the side.  Have clean build, only p3d 4.2, pmdg 737&777 and majestic q400 (installed outside the sim, its magic on how this works...such a stress operation).  I wish Orbx will follow this.

But PMDG uninstallation is quick and painless. 

I am really excited to see what LM brings to 4.3.  I think 2019 or 2020 is when we see P3Dv5.

But back to present moment and from what I can tell - 4.3 could have tons of updates

4 hours ago, Prayog said:

Yes, its always been Tuesdays isnot it ? So 26th is likely candidate if its June.

Regards

Prayog

4.2 was on 12 FEB, a Monday.

4.1 was on 10 OCT, a Tuesday.

4.0 was on 30 MAY, a Tuesday.

11 minutes ago, Greggy_D said:

4.2 was on 12 FEB, a Monday.

4.1 was on 10 OCT, a Tuesday.

4.0 was on 30 MAY, a Tuesday.

So there you have it folks. A complete, easy to follow and reliable pattern. Now we all know the exact release date.!! 🤣

1 hour ago, ErichB said:

*you're*

:uwe_melk_sblh:

Arrgghh! Can't believe I did that. :biggrin: I hope I haven't misspelt Arrgghh. :wink:

• Like 2