Sign in to follow this  
Arthur42417

Will there be a P3D 4.6 or more Hotfixes this year?

what  about  4.5  that just came  out

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, pete_auau said:

what  about  4.5  that just came  out

i'm asking about future releases/updates not 4.5 

You are asking for lottery numbers here, nobody can tell you.

• Like 5

All I can suggest is that you either go to the EXPO in Orlando June 7-9, or wait for the streams/videos of the EXPO, and see if LM has any hints to offer. For all we know they will have news on V5.

• Like 2

Is p3dv7 going to be released soon? I’m tired of these releases lower then 7...

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Shylock_35 said:

My uncles great great aunts daughters husbands cousin told him the next version is X 

after that they plan to release version 5 but only with the possibility to fly gliders in Austria With 200 fps limited..

true story

Edited by Sam
  • Like 4

3 hours ago, Arthur42417 said:

any news?😊

Hopefully some news will come out during Flight Sim Expo in early June. I am of the opinion that they will continue to follow their release cadence that has been going on since 2013, which is a major release every two years (2013 v2, 2015 v3, 2017 v4). With that in mind, I would expect to see v5 in Q3 or Q4 of 2019. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Arthur42417 said:

any news?😊

Not news, but in one of the latest interviews Adam Breed said that "version 4 has a lot of life left in it". That feels like they are planning for more point releases than usual. I wouldn't be surprised to see a 4.8. Depends on their roadmap obviously, and how many resources are available.

Unless there is a planned major change in technology, or a problem that makes such a change necessary, the only other reason to go to V5 would be that it would generate a new income stream (since all who upgrade have to pay again).

Best regards 

Edited by Lorby_SI
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 4

2 hours ago, Shylock_35 said:

I'm looking forward to the release that's code-named 'spinal.tap'.

This release is better than the other ones. This one goes to 11.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 3

Posted (edited)

P3D version releases are on a approx 6-7 month upgrade cycle.  We could see 4.6 or 4.5 hf2 (they used 1 - maybe 2 will be there in few months...who knows...only the beta testers know)

I just hope we can get an awesome rendering engine which really use our video cards and more importantly - Force all Developers to install outside the sim root directory.  When I mean everything, I mean everything.  I hate files in scenery/world/ location or in effects.  It is all over the map - looking at you Flightbeam

Edited by Skywolf
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

I would like the version that fixes Autogen, LOL

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

I hope they do slow down with the P3D versions. It's not so much the program update but the aggravation of every subsequent addon that needs to be updated to work.

Half the time they break features of their own program.

• Like 4

Posted (edited)

Assuming that v5 is going to be a major update (yeah, I know what they say about assumptions), then I reckon that we will see a v4.6. Anyway, Lockheed Martin will be aware that I only purchased v4 at the end of last year, and I am sure that they will want me to get my money's worth out of it :wink:

Edited by Christopher Low
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, JasonPC said:

I hope they do slow down with the P3D versions. It's not so much the program update but the aggravation of every subsequent addon that needs to be updated to work.

Half the time they break features of their own program.

Certainly agree with that the last thing we need is another point release that then needs a hot fix!

Bruceb

• Like 1

Just saw an announcement on tv that P3Dv4 will continue up to V4.97...🤔

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GSalden said:

Just saw an announcement on tv that P3Dv4 will continue up to V4.97...🤔

Wait... you guys in the Netherlands have flightsim news on the TV???  You are soooo lucky!!!  :biggrin:

I know when 4.6 will be released but won't say... it's a secret.  (Well it is, right!?!?) :wink:

Greg

I read somewhere that P3Dv4 would receive updates throughout the rest of this year. So, yes 4.6 seems likely at some point! 

I don't think LM need to release P3Dv5 to raise money, more likely when they deem it ready which could be this year or next year. 

And a major version number change (l.e. 3.0 to 4.0) implies there are major changes to the underlying code/functionality. This will require a high and in-depth degree of testing, therefore I doubt there will be a 5.0 this year., but probably more minor releases adding bugs, etc.  Perhaps late first quarter 2020? Also, who knows what their commercial customers want in the way of functionality? It would be interesting to see how much of the user base is like us and how much are commercial users.