Jump to content

Rasterfahnder

REX Sky Force technical update 2.2 available

Recommended Posts

Nice, thanks for the heads-up Rasterfahnder.

Share this post


Link to post

I purchased yesterday and it shows ver  5.0.2019.0517

bob

Share this post


Link to post
6 minutes ago, onebob said:

I purchased yesterday and it shows ver  5.0.2019.0517 

bob

Isn't that an Environment Force build, not SF?

Share this post


Link to post

The REX version numbering systems is such that both EF and SF have very similar version numbers. From the REX forums :

REX 5 – Environment Force (Build: 5.0.2019.0420 OR 5.0.2019.0503) This is the "base" EF version, upon which the Technical Update 1.1 should be installed.

REX Sky Force 3D (Build:  5.0.2019.0410) This is the "base" SF version, upon which the Technical Update 2.2 should be installed.

Share this post


Link to post

Most confusing product line I've ever come across. Thanks for the update though REX. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post

After the SF update, the build number is now 2019.0514

Share this post


Link to post

working great 🙂

 

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)

SkyFarce finally delivers!

Edited by Drumcode
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
55 minutes ago, Drumcode said:

SkyFarce finally delivers!

SkyFarce...come on now...That's not really fair to say.  Sure they are having some issues but they are working hard to get it right.  Give them some slack. I have no problems with SkyForce..

  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post

SkyForce rocks! 👍

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

Finally working again. I think it is a testament that Sky Force is really a good program for me to miss it so much when it's not working. It's a huge upgrade over default clouds.

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
9 hours ago, JasonPC said:

Finally working again. I think it is a testament that Sky Force is really a good program for me to miss it so much when it's not working. It's a huge upgrade over default clouds.

Glad you got it working.

Share this post


Link to post

Despite all the negative publicity REX has received  here at AVSIM, I would still highly recommend REX SkyForce 3D to any new user who wants the best looking clouds & structures, as well as the sky colors. The best weather engine is till ASP4!

  • Like 3
  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, DJJose said:

Despite all the negative publicity REX has received  here at AVSIM, I would still highly recommend REX SkyForce 3D to any new user who wants the best looking clouds & structures, as well as the sky colors. The best weather engine is till ASP4!

Yep I agree combo is ASP4 + SF+ EF 😎

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)

I find that some of the skyforce cloud textures absolutely obliterate my frame rate, from a locked 25 down to 10 in some cases, I own a home cockpit so only use a full outside view also. This on an i7 9700k @4.9 and a 1080ti...

I like SF but dont use it now for this reason, wish there was a way to exclude certain texture sets  

Edited by kand

Share this post


Link to post

Are you using 512 DXT5 textures? No set should be any worse than the other as they are all the same size and quality.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post

1024 dxt5, I dont like the look of 512 because as you get up close you can see the low res. I dont have this issue with ASCA or Envtex. Rex acknowledged that some of the heavy hitting textures would be corrected in the creative update but that seems ages ago now. 

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, kand said:

Rex acknowledged that some of the heavy hitting textures would be corrected in the creative update but that seems ages ago now. 

That is not true. We acknowledged that some 'heavy hitting' cloud models would be corrected, which was performed already. However, we are looking into a more frame friendly solution across the board for cloud models in our Creative Update 1. 

6 hours ago, JasonPC said:

No set should be any worse than the other as they are all the same size and quality.

Very true. Same with all texture products. 

Share this post


Link to post

I wonder did anyone try to compare the weather generated by Hifi Active Sky and the Skyforce built-in weather engine? I ask this because I read that SF introduced a lot more cloud models compared to Hifi ASCA, When using the REX SF weather engine, surely the engine will use all the cloud models REX developed, but how about AS? Does AS actually use the additional cloud models introduced by REX? I have no idea how the weather engines work in background, just curious is there any huge difference between the visual generated by the two engines.

Share this post


Link to post

It does use cloud structures when using ASP4. I need to do some testing to see if the cloud structures are any better using REX’s weather engine but so far it looks spectacular with ASP4.

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, JasonPC said:

It does use cloud structures when using ASP4. I need to do some testing to see if the cloud structures are any better using REX’s weather engine but so far it looks spectacular with ASP4.

Great! Please report back after your test or post the comparison screenshot.

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...