Sign in to follow this  
jfri

How is iFly Jets - The 737NG compared to PMDG 737NGX ?

One of these posts sounds like advertising! Hey the iFly is so good, almost as good as the PMDG or better in some respects, and boy total coincidence I have a payware addon just released for that iFly! 🤣

On 6/12/2019 at 5:58 PM, kenz said:

iFly are very good planes, so sad they used their talent to go on the same field as PMDG, they should have made a 757, a MD11, the possibilities were huge, but they had to choose 737NG and 747....

Man so true, imagine if they let loose on a 767.

I had both the ifly 747 and 737 in FSX but never upgraded to p3d as I find the PMDG aircraft a more refined experience for the reasons Bob Scott mentioned above.  However, if PMDG didn’t exist I’d be quite happy with the ifly versions. 

Edited by regis9
Added more info/thoughts

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

19 hours ago, mpw8679 said:

Having owned both the PMDG is easily superior.  The iFly is basically a FS9 aircraft and it shows its age.  I do appreciate the correct VC dimensions though.  The HD texture pack does not do much to improve its dated VC.  But then again the iFly is a much better value if you don’t mind dated textures, sounds, and lighting.  And PMDG’s P3D pricing policy is absolutely absurd.  I would wait for the NGX v3.  There are plenty of other great aircraft to fly while you wait.

with all due respects i'd expect current "NGX" to be cheaper than the next version....

And a soundpack that sounds AWESOME just released yesterday i think for the IFly, and it's 15 EUR i think so not that expensive.

Wish the gauges of the IFLY were a bit darker, cuz they look a bit off from that side

• Like 1

Although I am now using the Prosim 737-800 , before I used the iFly NGX cockpit builders Edition.

The little outdated VC I did not use. The systems worked very real.

I could use the PMDG tutorials with the iFly ...

Both are very good with their systems while the PMDG version had better graphics.

I hope that for the PMDG V3 they will use PR textures for the VC to make it look more realistic.

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

On 6/13/2019 at 5:21 PM, Pe11e said:

During the testing of Cockpit Sound Immersion soundpack for iFly 737NG (just released), I can now surely say what are the differences between the two:

iFly:
- More FPS friendly, at least on my system. 60fps locked, even on approach. (with the NGX fps varies between 40 and 50 on approach).
- Better flight physics. Take this with a grain of salt, but I like iFly physics more. It's more smooth, more believable, generally aileron/elevator inputs are more smooth (more analogue).
- More precise VC modelling (especially windshield). VC is different from PMDG on few spots, but nothing significant. 
- movable pilot seats

PMDG:
- Every click/lever/button has its own sound (also covered in Cockpit Sound Immersion). iFly model doesn't.
- Better VC texturing
- All is integrated in the FMC (from various options to fuel&weight management)
- you can "hide" the yoke (the yoke will be lowered below the displays)

That is all I can think of at the moment. 😏

You can hide the yoke on the ifly as well via the configuration tool.

• Like 1

Building a full scale 737-800 Simulator running P3D v5.x 210 degree wrap around screenspacer.png

Jason Lohrenz (@lohrenz737) • Instagram photos and videos

Lohrenz 737 Simulator Project (lohrenzsimulator.com)

Ifly is sold via F1 so you can try it out and get a refund if it’s not to your liking. Zero risk. 

• Upvote 1

i9-10900k @ 5.1GHz 32G XMP-3200 | RTX3090 | 3T m.2 | Win11 | vkb-gf ultimate & pedals | virpil cm3 throttle | 55" 4k UHDTV | HP R-G2 VR | DCS

iFly support was very good ( my experience ) . PMDG support has its ups and downs from what I have read over the last couple of years...

• Upvote 1

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

Don't assume that you'll have to replace the GTX 970. Try it before you spend a lot of money on something you may not need. I'm using a 970 with the sliders maxxed on both the PMDG 737 and the iFly 737 and find it quite acceptable (4790K at 4.6 Ghz and full ORBX scenery)..........Doug

Edited by W2DR
kant spel
  • Upvote 1

Intel 10700K @ 5.1Ghz, Asus Hero Maximus motherboard, Noctua NH-U12A cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB 3200 MHz RAM, RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, 100TB of disk storage. Klaatu barada nickto.

3 hours ago, W2DR said:

Don't assume that you'll have to replace the GTX 970. Try it before you spend a lot of money on something you may not need. I'm using a 970 with the sliders maxxed on both the PMDG 737 and the iFly 737 and find it quite acceptable (4790K at 4.6 Ghz and full ORBX scenery)..........Doug

Sliders maxed with a 970?  Puff puff pass

Matt Wilson

7 hours ago, W2DR said:

Even though your CPU is somewhat faster than mine I find this strange. I certainly can't max out the sliders in FSX SE P3D 2.5 or Xplane 10. Exactly which sliders do you mean and where do you fly ? I have the scenery sliders except water maxed out. But this wont run well in for example areas near Seattle KSEA.

Well shucks.....you caught me 😊 . I hadn't looked at the slider settings in months and I now find a couple of exceptions to my "sliders maxxed" comment. I'm using P3D v4.5 with a full set of ORBX scenery so I can't speak as to how my settings would do in FSX SE or prior P3D versions except to say that FSX is much less GPU-demanding than P3D.

Looking at the Traffic settings everything is full-right except Road Vehicles which is set to 25%.

All Display settings are at maximum.

The World settings are all full-right except for Water and Special Effects which are set to Low. Reflections are off. No Dynamic 3D Autogen Vegetation.

No HDR lighting and Dynamic Lighting is off.

Weather sliders are maxxed. (I use default weather only - no weather addon).

I fly only in and out of the regional/small airports on the west coast of the U.S.A. For me, places like KSEA, KLAX, KJFK, etc. are to be avoided like the plague (KSFO is, surprisingly, OK). Most of my flying is with GA aircraft in the hills and along the coastal areas.

Over the years I've found these computers to be really strange things as far as flightsim performance. What works for one person may not work at all for another. That said, I really encourage you to try the 970 with P3Dv4 before you spend a lot of money on a new GPU. You may indeed have to upgrade but trying what you have now is free and has no downside risks.................Doug

Edited by W2DR
kant spel

Intel 10700K @ 5.1Ghz, Asus Hero Maximus motherboard, Noctua NH-U12A cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB 3200 MHz RAM, RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, 100TB of disk storage. Klaatu barada nickto.

I upgraded from a 970 to a 1080ti and performance has increased significantly.

I can achieve the same fps with better visuals and the Sim is much smoother (less stutters)

I also have a 4790k at stock speed.

Shom

[Win 10 Pro, i7-9700K, MSI 3080Ti, 4K screen, Crucial 2666 16GB, 2 500GB Samsung EVOs 850/860]

[MSFS 2020 running with Fenix A320, PMDG 737, FSS E-175, Aerosoft CRJ]

[P3D v5.3 HF2 running with ifly 737 Max 8, FSLabs A319/320/321, Feelthere E170/175/190/195 v3, PMDG 737 NGXu ,TFDI 717, Aerosoft CRJ Pro, Majestic Dash 8, CS 757 iii, Feelthere ERJ-145, Fly The Maddog X, QW 787, PMDG 777]

6 hours ago, W2DR said:

Looking at the Traffic settings everything is full-right except Road Vehicles which is set to 25%.

Weather sliders are maxxed. (I use default weather only - no weather addon).

I fly only in and out of the regional/small airports on the west coast of the U.S.A. For me, places like KSEA, KLAX, KJFK, etc. are to be avoided like the plague (KSFO is, surprisingly, OK). Most of my flying is with GA aircraft in the hills and along the coastal areas.

Over the years I've found these computers to be really strange things as far as flightsim performance. What works for one person may not work at all for another. That said, I really encourage you to try the 970 with P3Dv4 before you spend a lot of money on a new GPU. You may indeed have to upgrade but trying what you have now is free and has no downside risks.................Doug

My traffic slider is at 25% and road vehicles at 16%

From your description it does not seem I would have to set the sliders far into the left which has been suggested.

Of course there are no point in getting a new video card before buying P3D 4 (and maybe XPlane 11).
But I think and video card upgrade will really be needed with P3D 4 and certainly for P3D 5 if I wait for that.

Sorry to bring this back, but I just wonder the "VC accuracy" part...

After dozens of hours in LevelD 737 FFS, I feel PMDG one is better than iFly, while still has it's own problem.

iFly's window feel very narrow on vertical side, especially L2\R2 window, I can't keep visual on runway when doing circling approach (with TrackIR) while I could in FFS. If I lower my eye position for the window upper edge, then I feel setting too low for the panel and final approach view...I just can't find a sweet eye point in iFly to look right.

While the PMDG's problem is the wnidow feels unrealisticly tall, and the speedbrake handle when retracted, mask the CDU rather than lower ND.

I didn't measure them, just the overall feeling of VC dimension, PMDG feels better, but the best one so far for me is Zibo 737 for XP (not systemwise, yet)

BTW I had iFly for FS9 and PMDG for P3Dv4, maybe not fair comparison, but the modeling should be same for iFly all across.

• Like 2

i actually owned both.  I returned the ifly while still within the free return window.  Main reason I returned it.  Less liveries available compared to PMDG.  Also I found certain switches/dials didn't always work properly with the mouse scroll wheel.  Not a huge deal, but slightly annoying.  Finally I FAR prefar the menu integration into the FMC rather than having to go thru computer menu's.  Both are very good products. 

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next