Sign in to follow this  
Ident

What are your "must haves" for MFS2020

Having good enough important features out of the box (weather, ATC, diverse and accurate default scenery and more).

Study level aircrafts as DLCs/Add-ons (doesn't matter to me if they will be first party or third party work).

Accurate major airports as DLCs/Add-ons (doesn't matter to me if they will be first party or third party work).

Airport gateway similar to the one Laminar has, facilitating the airport creation by the users.

FPS 60+ with good ATC, real AI Traffic, good scenery and complex Aircraft

• Upvote 1

Lukas Dalton

One things for word not allowed sure:  we had all better stop buying anymore add-ons for P3D or FSX.

• Like 1

spacer.png

9 hours ago, Boomer said:

All my p3dv4 addons have to work.

Yeah thats kinda not the purpose of the thread. I have to have VR because I hide my monitor to fly as it sits infront of my yoke. So I have it designed to flip up. Not being able to see stuff outside VR, I have found that the GTN750 works the best to keep the immersion real with no breaks. Paying for PilotEdge and wanting to stay current and not get rusty, I need the best ATC system to work. Lastly its all about flying so the GA plane I fly, no matter which one as I just need one well featured one be it default or addon.

I guess there is one other thing that I need to have and that is GoFlightInc support as well as I have those modules as well.

Surprised nobody had mentioned navaids etc. Yes there are kludgesout there but iirc the navaids in fsx et Al are hard coded into many different bgls. Would be nice if they were separated so you could easily update then when you do a navigraph update for example so that your mapping/FMC database is the same as the SIM database.... Just a thought. Not a must have but certainly a nice to have if technically feasible within the engine. That and similar to what flight instructors asked piper to do when do designing the traumahawk. Can it stall properly please?

John Johnston

Has to have ability for high end 3rd party aircraft addons....all of the usual suspects, FSL, PMDG, A2A, Majestic, Leonardo, etc.

Has to have a way for the sim to connect to Vatsim (and or other online networks).

Would be nice to have something like FSUIPC for custom configurations of external controllers and hardware.

Edited by MarkW

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

What will I need FS2020 to do in order for me to replace P3D as my "main" sim?  I'll boil it down to very generalized terms:

• Performance - It has to run better than P3D, smoother framerates.
  • Addon Airplanes - It has to support a robust market for addon aircraft from any developer.  If I'm stuck to MS aircraft or just one or two developers then it will NEVER replace P3D for me.
  • Graphics - It has to look better than P3D, and it has to feel immersive and realistic.
  • Ease of Use - It has to be easier to mod and maintain than P3D.  If adding new aircraft is too much of a chore then I won't bother with it.
  • Realism - It has to be a true simulator, complete with world coverage for all airports, realistic gauges and navaids, ATC, etc.  If it's dumbed down to be "simpler" then I won't be buying it.  FS2020 needs to be more of a sim than P3D to get me to spend money on it.
  • Simconnect - Oh yeah, and it has to support Simconnect or something like it which allows FSE (Flight Sim Economy) to work with it.  If FSE doesn't work with FS2020 then it won't ever be my new "main" sim.
Edited by Mengy
  • Like 1

Pretty simple really, it needs to have everything a heavily, addon ladened FSX has but with excellent performance and modern visuals.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

I want all the features that we've mentioned.  But, I want to see a break from the past.  The sims of the past, and that includes P3D 4.5 and XP11, while updated to be sure, are still old-feeling to me at this point and makes me feel like we're still in the 1990s.

Give me all the stuff I want (easy updates and a base sim that is more complete without so many addons) in an entirely new new platform.  Yes, all my old FSX/P3D addons won't work.  That's OK - let's move to the 21st century!

• Like 5

Rick Abshier

5900X | RTX3080 | 32 GB@3600 | India Pale Ale

Hi Folks,

Water - that behaves like - well - water...

Air Traffic Control - that - well - actually controls air traffic...

Regards,
Scott

• Like 4

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

More realistic ATC in general:  My own pet peeves (But don't know if any of this applies to RL). 

1) On IFR routes where they rush you to attain a certain altitude beyond an aircraft's capabilities, or RL passenger safety.  2) Also on IFR, they keep changing the heading as you near the destination, or put you more miles out of the way than is necessary.  3) I also think, too much ATC chatter for GA aircraft around a major airport; too distracting...  

19 minutes ago, overspeed3 said:

2) Also on IFR, they keep changing the heading as you near the destination, or put you more miles out of the way than is necessary.

Two things that I found over the years to combat that is that they keep making heading changes because they dont adjust for wind drift. So instead of flying the assigned heading, think of it as an assigned course and fly a head adjusted for wind to maintain that course. Additionally, since there is no STARs available, when assigned a runway to land on, request a specific approach avoid vectors but instead picking a fix and usually you will get direct to the IAF. That will also help out with all the heading changes and vectoring far away.

Edited by Ident

must have:  smoothness

All else pales in comparison.  If you don't have smoothness, you'll lose people, and quickly, I would think.

• Like 2

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB