Sign in to follow this  
Ident

What are your "must haves" for MFS2020

It has to be a $60 one time payment but contain every feature ever conceived of.

...that appears to be the synthesis of this thread + the subscription discussion thread.

As long as its better than what we already have in all sims w/add-ons, in all categories, with the commitment to continue the course (long term) to realism, it will be my go to sim. 

16 hours ago, Flamingpie said:

Yes, some people apparently don't know the difference between 'must have's' (to make a sim your primary one) and 'random wishes'. Or... some people really just need (for instance) water in a flight sim to make a sim primary, regardless of performance (that may suck), scenery (that may look awful), aircraft (that may not have a cockpit), weather (that may not be there)... 🤔

😜

The water physics is P3D is not very good. It makes floatplanes take off and landing very arcadish. The bush and vintage arilines crowds are longing for something as realistic as terra firma operations

Edited by domkle
  • Like 1

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

At a Minimum:

1. Single purchase, No subscription.

2. "Real" 3d clouds/environment.

3. Decent flight models, ok not as good as XP but "decent".

4. Smooth 4k fps with a high end rig.

5. Zibo mod compatible (ok joke).

An open development environment and a robust and flexible SDK, so 3rd party developers can supply all the wishes in this thread - because I seriously doubt, that Microsoft will provide any (if not any, then very few) out of the box.

No offense, people... 

(you have to be careful in here...)

Edited by Anders Bermann
  • Upvote 2

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

Decent floatplane physics. At least as good as that in Flight Unlimited 3.

• Upvote 1

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

If the new sim can beat my current experiences/enjoyment I get with P3Dv4 and all the add-on's, which I think is a tall order, then bring it;otherwise don't waste my time.  THE END

i5-6600K 3.5Ghz OC to 4.5GHz|CorsairH60 Liq Cooler|GA-Z170X-Gaming 7|GTX 1070|G.Skill Trident DDR4-3200 32GB|950 PRO M.2 250GB|850 EVO 500GB|2TB Seagate FireCuda SSHD|FractalDesign R4|Corsair RMx 750W|Win10 64bit Home|MSFS2020

I love the smell of Jet-A in the morning!

Robert Pressley a.k.a. SmokeDiddy

On 6/26/2019 at 7:15 AM, Boomer said:

One things for word not allowed sure:  we had all better stop buying anymore add-ons for P3D or FSX.

Nope....as a matter of fact, my purchases have picked up since the trailer was released.  Lot's of good stuff being released.  Who knows, it might be two years before a new sim is ready for prime time but I know I can't ignore new stuff for a year.  I'm still hopeful, MS can pull this off tho.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

i5-6600K 3.5Ghz OC to 4.5GHz|CorsairH60 Liq Cooler|GA-Z170X-Gaming 7|GTX 1070|G.Skill Trident DDR4-3200 32GB|950 PRO M.2 250GB|850 EVO 500GB|2TB Seagate FireCuda SSHD|FractalDesign R4|Corsair RMx 750W|Win10 64bit Home|MSFS2020

I love the smell of Jet-A in the morning!

Robert Pressley a.k.a. SmokeDiddy

OTHH, VTBS, LTFM, EDDB, ZBAD, ZMCK all included.

May all your landings be safe ones!

Hugh Costello - NZWN

Fantastic Optimization

A flight model that's as close to the real thing as possible

REAL WORLD WEATHER

Study level aircraft

Third Party Support

Easy support for as many peripherals as possible. I just want my TM Warthog to be fully functional from the get go

I want all scenery to be recognizable by default.

That's about it.

5800X3D. 32 GB RAM. 1TB SATA SSD. 3TB HDD. RTX 3070 Ti.

I think I saw someone else mention this, but just to repeat: One of the absolute best features of X-Plane is the way axis, button and switch assignments on hardware flight controls and the keyboard can be set up as profiles tied to individual aircraft models. Or you can set up a group assignment for a class of aircraft that share the same basic functions. 

For example, if I've been flying a Pilatus PC-12 turbopop and then load a Bell 412 helicopter, all the axis, button and switch assignments automatically change to the custom assignments when the helicopter model loads into the sim.

This makes it so much easier to switch between aircraft with autopilots that function differently from each other, and it minimizes my use of the keyboard because everything can be mapped to the buttons and switches on my HOTAS controls without compromise. It completely eliminates the need to use a separate plugin, or software utility provided by the hardware manufacturer to swap button and switch assignments outside the sim. Just load a new aircraft and the sim does it for you.

ETA: I'm not sure to what extent this is a "must have" that would keep me from switching over completely to a new MFS, but I would sure miss it, if I had to go back to the old way of mapping functions to switches and buttons on my flight controls.

Edited by Paraffin
  • Like 1

X-Plane and Microsoft Flight Simulator on Windows 10 
i7 6700 4.0 GHz, 32 GB RAM, GTX 1660 ti, 1920x1200 monitor

1 hour ago, Paraffin said:

I think I saw someone else mention this, but just to repeat: One of the absolute best features of X-Plane is the way axis, button and switch assignments on hardware flight controls and the keyboard can be set up as profiles tied to individual aircraft models. Or you can set up a group assignment for a class of aircraft that share the same basic functions. 

For example, if I've been flying a Pilatus PC-12 turbopop and then load a Bell 412 helicopter, all the axis, button and switch assignments automatically change to the custom assignments when the helicopter model loads into the sim.

This makes it so much easier to switch between aircraft with autopilots that function differently from each other, and it minimizes my use of the keyboard because everything can be mapped to the buttons and switches on my HOTAS controls without compromise. It completely eliminates the need to use a separate plugin, or software utility provided by the hardware manufacturer to swap button and switch assignments outside the sim. Just load a new aircraft and the sim does it for you.

ETA: I'm not sure to what extent this is a "must have" that would keep me from switching over completely to a new MFS, but I would sure miss it, if I had to go back to the old way of mapping functions to switches and buttons on my flight controls.

This is how it works in DCS, in my opinion easier than XP. 

The only "issue", having to ser up the controls the first time on every aircraft... lol 

21 minutes ago, aleex said:

This is how it works in DCS, in my opinion easier than XP. 

The only "issue", having to ser up the controls the first time on every aircraft... lol 

Yeah, that can be a pain, but at least in XP it's possible to set up both single aircraft profiles and generic profiles based on the class ID like Airliner, GA, Glider, etc. that's included for each model. That's useful when flying something new for the first time. Then if I need to drill down further with custom plugin functions, I'll set up a new profile just for that aircraft. 

ETA: If I remember right, this per-aircraft assignment for flight controls was also in Rise of Flight, and may be in the current IL-2 sims, I haven't tried those.

Edited by Paraffin
  • Upvote 1

X-Plane and Microsoft Flight Simulator on Windows 10 
i7 6700 4.0 GHz, 32 GB RAM, GTX 1660 ti, 1920x1200 monitor