Jump to content

Skywolf

P3D isn't going anywhere - Excited for 2020

Recommended Posts

Hey guys,

Just browsing flurry of posts with PMDG news and P3D etc.  First of all P3D isn't going anywhere.  I have a feeling that Developers for P3D will not have a hard time creating products for MSFS2020.  

The key statement from PMDG is that they are pretty much allocating to 2 platforms - P3D and MSFS2020 - which is excellent news for all.  If this post is redundant (forgive me and move on).

Straight from PMDG (Only focus on the bold text). 

End of Development for Xplane platforms: For some time we have been watching market metrics with the Xplane platform and evaluating our own development schedule in order to find a gap into which we can slide a dedicated Xplane development cycle. As part of our strategic objective to simplify our development agenda, we are pivoting to dedicate all of our development resources to our Prepar3D v4 product lines and to our upcoming Microsoft Flight Simulator product lines. Effective immediately, we are no longer evaluating an Xplane development cycle at any point in the current five year window, nor do we see any active XPlane development time being allocated at PMDG.

All Developers have to probably align development cost and profitability (I run a business too - trust me cost and time always have to be managed).

Very amazed for getting free NG3 for MSFS2020 - and for now looks like NGXu (lol NGX-2.5 for P3dv4.5)....what is "u" anyway.  Well, I am going to get new pmdg bird for P3D later this weekend.

2019 is an amazing year for sim!!!

Happy Simming!!!

 

 

 

 

  • Upvote 1

FSBetaTesters2.png

S is for Simming and C is for Cookies

Share this post


Link to post

Wonder how much NG3 for MSFS2020 will retail at???  US$160??? Probably a couple years out anyhow.


i7 6700K @ 4.6GHz, ASUS Z170-PRO GAMING, 32GB DDR4 2666MHz, 750W EVGA SuperNOVA, 512GB Samsung 960 PRO, 1TB Western Digital - Black Edition
RTX 2080Ti (MSI trio), Corsair H115i - 280mm Liquid CPU Cooler

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Skywolf said:

Very amazed for getting free NG3 for MSFS2020

It won't be a free upgrade to MSFS2020 NG3. That's been misunderstood a lot. If you buy before Dec 31, 2019, then you will get a $99 credit towards the NG3.

I do agree though that I don't see P3D becoming obsolete any time soon. There are a lot of us who have spent a ton of money on P3D addons, upgrades, etc that aren't willing to toss it all aside. Sure, the new sim looks AMAZING, but I love my addons and immersion I'm getting with P3D. Especially since it has taken years to get a sim to the experience I am getting now. 

 

39 minutes ago, IAhawkeyeDDS said:

Probably a couple years out anyhow.

I think I read PMDG stating the NG3 will be released in 2020.

Edited by pvupilot
  • Upvote 1

Kyle

pmdg_trijet.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
53 minutes ago, Skywolf said:

Hey guys,

Just browsing flurry of posts with PMDG news and P3D etc.  First of all P3D isn't going anywhere.  I have a feeling that Developers for P3D will not have a hard time creating products for MSFS2020.  

The key statement from PMDG is that they are pretty much allocating to 2 platforms - P3D and MSFS2020 - which is excellent news for all.  If this post is redundant (forgive me and move on).

Straight from PMDG (Only focus on the bold text). 

End of Development for Xplane platforms: For some time we have been watching market metrics with the Xplane platform and evaluating our own development schedule in order to find a gap into which we can slide a dedicated Xplane development cycle. As part of our strategic objective to simplify our development agenda, we are pivoting to dedicate all of our development resources to our Prepar3D v4 product lines and to our upcoming Microsoft Flight Simulator product lines. Effective immediately, we are no longer evaluating an Xplane development cycle at any point in the current five year window, nor do we see any active XPlane development time being allocated at PMDG.

All Developers have to probably align development cost and profitability (I run a business too - trust me cost and time always have to be managed).

Very amazed for getting free NG3 for MSFS2020 - and for now looks like NGXu (lol NGX-2.5 for P3dv4.5)....what is "u" anyway.  Well, I am going to get new pmdg bird for P3D later this weekend.

2019 is an amazing year for sim!!!

Happy Simming!!!

 

 

 

 

+1

Waiting for coming Black Friday sales to get more P3D add-ons!!

Not giving up on P3D in the near future.

  • Like 3
  • Upvote 3

Shom

[Win 10 Pro running on i7-9700K, EVGA 1080Ti, Crucial 2666 16GB, 2 500GB Samsung EVOs 850/860]

[PMDG 737/777, TFDI 717, CS 757 iii, Fly The Maddog X, QW 787, AS Airbus Pro, AS CRJ 700/900Feelthere E175/195, Majestic Dash 8]

Share this post


Link to post
9 minutes ago, Shomron said:

+1

Waiting for coming Black Friday sales to get more P3D add-ons!!

Not giving up on P3D in the near future.

 

I'm with you!!

Can't wait to pick up some more add-ons at a discount (hopefully).

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Ark

--------------------------

Share this post


Link to post

I want ORBx TrueEarth GB Central and GB North (and the updated version of GB South), so that I can finally uninstall my Horizon photoscenery. It feels like I have been using that for a thousand years! :blink:


Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters2.png

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, Christopher Low said:

I want ORBx TrueEarth GB Central and GB North (and the updated version of GB South), so that I can finally uninstall my Horizon photoscenery. It feels like I have been using that for a thousand years! :blink:

 

I'd like those as well. I've spent so much time flying in the US it's getting repetitive. Come to think of it, I've never actually completed a flight in Europe.


Ark

--------------------------

Share this post


Link to post

My guess is that the difference between the NG3 and NGXu will be about the same as the genetic difference between a monkey and a flight simmer. I find it very interesting that PMDG are doing this. Its a reverse of their practice of charging you twice for the same addon in different platforms or should I say the same platform with 2 different names. Just like a Chevy Equinox and a GMC Terrain. Virtually identical cars. One thing I'll say. I beat that the difference between the NGXu and NG3 isn't much more than a wrapper. Otherwise PMDG would not be giving a 100% credit on the later for buying the former. The very last developer I can imagine giving a freebie is PMDG. I beat the NG3 is released the same day the MSFS is released. It will be interesting to see if other developers follow suite and I beat they will. It will be very interesting to see if airport developers follow suite. I cannot see the case for any addons for MSFS other than Aircraft/Aircaft related and Airports. (In other words regional scenery, Global scenery, Atmospheric, weather, texture addons are all dead). If they do it will be very telling indeed. It will mean that MSFS and P3D are not that different. My opinion which I've held since I saw the first MSFS 2020 video is that MSFS 2020 and Prepar3D v5 will be as identical as FSX and ESP. I will hazard a guess that there is some agreement/collaboration going on behind the senses between Microsoft (Asobo) and Lockheed Martin. There will be enough Prepar3D V5 in MSFS 2020 and enough MSFS 2020 in Prepar3D V5 to make them identical. It ill be the end of using Prepar3D for "cough" entertainment. And Lockheed will probably start enforcing proof of academic status for using the academic license. Balance shall have been restored to the universe! 😁

Edited by Avidean
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

I’m still planning on a new build for P3D. 
And there are a LOT of add-ons available for it. Basically none - apart from PMDG - for FS12, which we can use right now in FSX / P3D.
And more in development. 
 

So it’s ok, just the kiddies getting excited...

Edited by Spitty
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, mikeymike said:

MSFS 2020 

will be out sooner than you think 😉😉😉

I have a feeling as well!!!!

  • Like 2

Chris Camp

Share this post


Link to post

- The Old King is Dead, Long Live the King

Edited by Anders Bermann

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--
____________________
Scandinavian VA

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...