Sign in to follow this  
TuFun

Do we Cancel Everything? You still Travelling??

An emergency room doctor in Elmhurst, Queens, New-York, gives a rare look inside a hospital at the center of the coronavirus pandemic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bE68xVXf8Kw

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, CYXR said:

An emergency room doctor in Elmhurst, Queens, New-York, gives a rare look inside a hospital at the center of the coronavirus pandemic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bE68xVXf8Kw

Thanks for sharing.  I'm hearing exactly the same from every hospital physician I know.  And it's going to get much worse in very little time.

Here's a personal account of a severe case.  It's grim reading.  A while ago, I would have suggested it for anyone who says "it's just the flu," but I don't much of anyone saying that anymore.

On a productive note - Larry Brilliant, the epidemiologist who played a major role in the eradication of smallpox and who, 14 years ago, predicted what a major viral pandemic would look like and described a program to stop it, has just launched this site, where U.S. friends can report their symptoms and testing status to help generate real-time crowdsourced data. If you live in the U.S., you can help build the picture by answering a couple of questions. And everyone can use it as one more way to track the shape of the pandemic here.

Hope everyone is staying safe.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Alan_A said:

On a productive note - Larry Brilliant, the epidemiologist who played a major role in the eradication of smallpox and who, 14 years ago, predicted what a major viral pandemic would look like and described a program to stop it, has just launched this site, where U.S. friends can report their symptoms and testing status to help generate real-time crowdsourced data. If you live in the U.S., you can help build the picture by answering a couple of questions. And everyone can use it as one more way to track the shape of the pandemic here.

Alan, thanks for the website, I'm in the states so I'll contribute, here is another link that has potential for early warning https://healthweather.us/ it uses an app on smart phones to measure your temperature then uploads that to a US map. Hopefully it will expand as time goes on.

Cheers

Martin

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MartinRex007 said:

here is another link that has potential for early warning https://healthweather.us/ i

Thanks for that.  Interesting artifact that the reports of elevated temperature are down in the near term as a result of distancing.  I guess we'll need to see if that's meaningful - i.e. reduction in a variety of contagions, including the novel cornoavirus, or if it ramps up as COVID-19 really takes hold.  I'm going to bet we'll know soon enough...

The problem is with large capital city's were people seem to think lock down does not apply to them and are turning into virus hot spots London is an example. in Europe Madrid Paris now Rome Berlin, and I was shocked to see a porcelain factory in Italy shutting yesterday as the virus now spreads through Italy, Total lockdown I don't think so, and I have been reading reports that the first cases in some country's have been traced to a bar in Austria a sky resort that was kept quite, before the Italy outbreak.

• Like 1

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

I don't mind admitting that those news reports that show rows of beds with people on ventilators scare the **** out of me. We really do not want to be part of that scenario. Stay at home and stay safe, my friends.

Edited by Christopher Low
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

1 hour ago, G-RFRY said:

The problem is with large capital city's were people seem to think lock down does not apply to them and are turning into virus hot spots London is an example. in Europe Madrid Paris now Rome Berlin, and I was shocked to see a porcelain factory in Italy shutting yesterday as the virus now spreads through Italy, Total lockdown I don't think so, and I have been reading reports that the first cases in some country's have been traced to a bar in Austria a sky resort that was kept quite, before the Italy outbreak.

No country can have a total lookdown. Sadly, besides the health problem, there is an incoming economic one which is likely going to be even more dangerous than the pandemic itself.
But even if we consider just the health side of things, a lot of services have to continue going. Healthcare production materials, energy, food processing, banks etc etc.. It's a difficult thing to deal with..

• Upvote 2

Chock 1.1: "The only thing that whines louder than a jet engine is a flight simmer."

Just back from my weekly food shop. There was a longish queue to get in with everyone keeping 6ft from each other. Lovely spring sunshine warmed me up. Tesco staff wiping each trolley handle with antiseptic. Once inside the store it was eerily quiet and shelves were fully stocked with only a few exceptions for the usual. 👍

Got all I needed. No panic buying. Everyone was nice and well behaved.

• Like 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Apparently in Wolverhampton they are stopping cars and asking where people are travelling. If not shopping or a valid reason they are sending them home. I would imagine many will just lie. 

It seems that there is no limit to human selfishness and stupidity even in the face of the obvious.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, martin-w said:

Err...

Boris Johnson has Corona Virus!

BBC News - PM Boris Johnson tests positive for coronavirus
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-52060791

Not sure what kind of emoticon to use here.

:sad:

57 minutes ago, martin-w said:

Apparently in Wolverhampton they are stopping cars and asking where people are travelling. If not shopping or a valid reason they are sending them home. I would imagine many will just lie. 

If you are unfortunate enough to be in Wolverhampton, getting in a car and driving away is absolutely a valid reason. 🤣

Edited by Chock
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

17 minutes ago, Chock said:

If you are unfortunate enough to be in Wolverhampton, getting in a car and driving away is absolutely a valid reason. 🤣

😁😆😂

As someone who lives not far from there. South of birmingham and posher... You make and excellent point.

2 minutes ago, martin-w said:

😁😆😂

As someone who lives not far from there. South of birmingham and posher... You make and excellent point.

To be fair it is pretty good for curries (the food, not the electrical outlet), although not a lot else, but in any case Bradford and Rusholme are better for those.

Edited by Chock

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here